1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated The Tabula Rasa 2.1

Unified Crafting Bench for Mod Content

1. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could try Nexusmods, ive used that place for my mods before this mod library was up. I used it back when i wanted XCOM and Dark Souls mods. It's quite well trusted.

2. SnoopJeDi

SnoopJeDi Void-Bound Voyager

The mod is released under the creative commons 3.0 attrib license, so you're free to do pretty much whatever you want as long as you give us credit and/or link to the original. I don't have any objections to redistribution, as long as modders distribute it as a separate mod packaged along with theirs. If people start including the Tabula Rasa itself in their mod files, it's possibly going to cause compatibility issues because the game will be loading those files twice.

Looking at the log, it looks like the game can't find the tabularasa/interfaces/tabularasa.config file, which usually means bootstrap.config is set up incorrectly. Try the newest version posted above.

3. Furinex

Furinex Phantasmal Quasar

Got this working. Had to place to folder under the root dir. Should possibly be reworked for the mods folder. Would be cleaner however functionality wise it's great! More people need to use this!!

4. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit Pangalactic Porcupine

The new release should be under the mod folder. Unfortunately, V1.1 is having technical difficulties as are a lot of mods on the repository.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  5. Furinex

Furinex Phantasmal Quasar

What will come of this with the new _merg function? I would hope that they sort out updating mods, but this solution seems so clean. Player.config files never being edited. Very clean.

6. SnoopJeDi

Furinex, version 1.1 IS compatible with the mods directory, make sure you have the most recent copy and follow the included installation instructions.

When we have __merge functionality, I will include tabularasa in the player's starting recipes and make it a 1-pixel recipe, so that the player can craft it almost immediately after making a new character (they'll have to grab their matter manipulator for the 10px reward first).

7. LowestFormOfWit

Apparently the whole site has been having file issues, though somehow both version of Tabula Rasa are showing increasing download tickers.

Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.

8. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit updated The Tabula Rasa with a new update entry:

The Tabula Rasa V1.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. LowestFormOfWit

Ok! Somehow the mod repository was stuck on a failed/ghost upload of V1.1, so I simply increased the version to 1.2 and it took!

The mod is now up and functional in the repository. Keep in mind that despite the name of V1.2, the file downloaded on the main page is the V1.1 that never seemed to upload. No worries! Next update we'll simply skip to V1.3.

If you get an error on the main page, refresh (Hit F5) until you get a valid link. It will work!

10. SnoopJeDi

Note that the mod files have not changed in this "new" version. To reference the mod, you will still use the dependency name "tabularasa1.1" etc., all as described in the README file. For all purposes, v1.1 and v1.2 are identical in every way except what the mod repository calls them.

11. Uxion

Uxion Aquatic Astronaut

I am having the same problem he is having with the same assessment that you found in the starbound.txt file.

I am currently using v1.1 and have already set up my bootstrap.config as ["../mods/tabularasa1.2.zip",] for the mod.

12. LowestFormOfWit

Your bootstrap doesn't need to be modified anymore. The default bootstrap.config points to the mods folder where the new version (1.1/1.2) of Tabula Rasa currently resides.

As long as bootstrap is pointing to "mods" it will load TR.

13. Uxion

Uxion Aquatic Astronaut

I know, but the problem still happens when I try to activate the Tabula Rasa with the 'E' key. As soon as I activate it, the game crashes with no error window.

Looking at the starbound.txt file I found this:

So yeah...

Edit: Ok, so I stopped using the mod manager to put it into the game and did it manually instead.

Works like a charm strangely.

Edit2: Tested with some other mods more. Turns out the mod manager was the culprit. Manually installing the mods were better

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  14. FireofDeath

FireofDeath Void-Bound Voyager

Pressing F5 at error page worked,cool man cool!

15. vernadead

vernadead Big Damn Hero

I'm working on my mod at the moment, going to set it up to download both the standalone and tr version

16. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit updated The Tabula Rasa with a new update entry:

The Tabula Rasa V1.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Fullmoon

Fullmoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Um, sorry. Archive contained tabularasa1.3/tabularassa.modinfo .
    As I understood from that other thread, it should be <modnamehere>/<modnamehere>.modinfo . Or that doesn't matter?

18. SnoopJeDi

Most people are using mods/modname/modname.modinfo, because it allows us to do "path" : ".", but as long as the path field points at the correct folder it doesn't matter, I think.

Tabula Rasa v1.3 is packed in such a way that the ONLY thing you should have to do to get it working on the most recent beta is extract the archive to the correct folder as described in the installation directions.

19. Fantos

Fantos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, there is a little bug. For example logicgate101 search for "tabularasa" but if you change the name in modinfo to "tabularasa1.3" it's gonna crash at the game start. I change it to "tabularasa" and working. I mean, every time you update the mod, if I have X mods that use it I have to update X .modinfo files. I think more logical to leave it to "tabularasa" in the modinfo. Just my two cent.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Xuhybrid likes this.
  20. SnoopJeDi

If you mean the logic101 mod (I found no results for 'logicgate101'), then it appears you have downloaded an unofficial version. I just confirmed with metadept on IRC that he has used the correct versioning for logic101 since the .modinfo system came into existence. You should redownload the the most recent version.

I don't want to pollute the namespace for the "name" field. In my opinion, dependencies should be satisfied exactly or not at all, there should be absolutely no ambiguity. For example, when we get the __merge feature, the base recipe for the Tabula Rasa will change, and I want to make sure mod developers can be guaranteed of having the features they expect from their dependency. It does suck, but without dependency versioning this is imo the best way to do it.