1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated The Tabula Rasa 2.1

Unified Crafting Bench for Mod Content

1. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit Pangalactic Porcupine

LowestFormOfWit updated The Tabula Rasa with a new update entry:

The Tabula Rasa V1.4

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. LowestFormOfWit

The new build just came out before I was about to turn in. I quickly updated the .modinfo file and other relevant files to maintain compatibility.

Starbound will crash if you try using V1.3 with Beta v. Angry Koala so please be sure to download the new version ASAP.

Nothing appears to have changed otherwise that would negatively impact the functionality of the Tabula Rasa. I'm still able to access all recipes as normal with V1.4.

To reiterate: Nothing has changed from V1.3. This update only changes a few files to allow the mod to function in Beta v. Angry Koala. If there are any feature changes, they will be included in V1.5 or beyond.

3. LowestFormOfWit

The Tabula Rasa V1.4

4. Nico8105

Nico8105 Yeah, You!

Recently I downloaded the Tabula Rassa Mod and I was trying to get the Dev Items to work but when I searched for Mod in the Tabula nothing came up :/ I checked the files and they have the group as mod so i dont think that the problem. Anyone else have this issue?

5. LowestFormOfWit

You shouldn't have to actually search "mod" in the Tabula Rasa itself. Doing so will only pull up items with mod in their name.

Tagging recipes with the "mod" tag in their "groups" parameter simply allows the Tabula Rasa to also craft that recipe.

As for your specific example, IIIRC the developer armors don't have recipe files, so if you haven't made any, that would be the problem, and if you have, they may have errors in them. Feel free to paste what you're trying to get work and I can try to help.

6. Nico8105

Nico8105 Yeah, You!

@LowestFormOfWit Turns out the problem was with the Dev Items Folder (it was not set to the current patch :p) After I fixed that line the mod worked and I was able to craft moded in items :)

7. LowestFormOfWit

Glad to hear it!

8. LowestFormOfWit

Tabula Rasa V1.5

9. Po_Golem

Po_Golem Yeah, You!

This mod is what I like to use when using other mods...and works like a bat outta hell.
    Gets the job done, no .config at all. You have the Po's thanks.

10. J_Elliott

J_Elliott Aquatic Astronaut

does anyone know how to get this mod to work on mac? so far all i have been able to do is mess with the player.config in order to place the item, but when i attempt to open the crafting menu the game crashes... does anyone know what i could do?

11. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

Its a nice foundation but I think with mod support getting better each version, this mod becomes more and more obsolete.

Sure its nice having a workbench that doesn't need recipes declared as "learning them on pick up" but the good old workaround of smelting an item to get you something that also gives you all needed recipes still works.

12. LowestFormOfWit

While it's true that with more mod support and integration, especially with the ___merge changes, that Tabula Rasa is becoming less necessary, I still think it's a helpful tool for quickly testing mods or easily implementing minor one-offs. I also find it's still helpful for new modders or people who just want their stuff in game without too much hassle.

13. SnoopJeDi

SnoopJeDi Void-Bound Voyager

This is something we get asked pretty often. Yeah, with __merge the original main goal of Tabula Rasa is irrelevant. We still do provide a nice way to organize a large number of unrelated mods without having a dozen unique crafting benches.

In the end, we made the mod because we thought it might be helpful. If people think it is, they'll use it. If not, they won't. We'll be here either way, and that's all there is to say about it.

14. SnoopJeDi

Starbound assets are platform independent, so Tabula Rasa is completely compatible with Mac right off the bat. If you're having an issue on Mac, the mod may have been incorrectly installed. Check the included README, and if that fails, check starbound.log for any error messages.

15. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

I covered this mod in the latest episode of my Starbound mod overview series titled Starbound Mod Outpost. It's the first mod I cover and you can see the video here.

Keep up the great work Lowest form of wit!

16. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Having even a new character have the recipe and being able to craft the Tabula Rasa for just 1 pixel seems a bit... cheesy to me.

SUGGESTION:

Couldn't we have a version that, say, drops from the first Boss? And then have stuff to upgrade the Tabula Rasa at later tiers from something later Bosses drop? (It is possible to mod the Boss's loot tables, right?) And if a mod does not specify which Tabula Rasa, then it is assumed that it will be craftable from the original one the first Boss drops. But, if a mod author specifies differently, it would only be craftable from a Tabula Rasa from a later tier.

Just my two cents...

17. LowestFormOfWit

I liked the video but this is really more of SnoopJedi's handiwork than my own. I wish he would have been mentioned in the credits as his name is not only present, but before mine in every section of the mod. The only reason I was the one to upload it to the mod repository was due to me doing a final pass on the initial version to make sure everything was tidy and ready for a release. If Tiy could get co-ownership of mods in the repository implemented for collaborations like this, it would be less of an issue.

As for this, a main draw and core concept of the Tabula Rasa was to allow mod makers and testers to just simply get their stuff in game as easily and quickly as possible. Placing it awkwardly into progression just to arbitrarily add some kind of "you need to earn it" blockade would be counter intuitive. If I want to test a mod out in game through Tabula Rasa, I definitely don't want to play through the game that long before I can even get my Tabula Rasa. The Tabula Rasa does nothing on its own, so I don't understand why you would call it "cheesy".

It's merely a gateway and central place for mod implementation, so if someone is going to "cheese" some OP items in game for themselves there are plenty of non-TR ways to go about doing so. If you really want to add Tabula Rasa into progression for yourself, you could easily modify the boss loot table to do so, and remove the TR recipe from the player crafting.

As I have heard bartwe say plenty of times, Starbound is easily breakable if they want to break it, which I don't find an issue Tabula Rasa has any impact on.

18. SnoopJeDi

This is all very possible, but it falls well outside of the goals we set down for ourselves when we came up with the idea for Tabula Rasa.

The end-use I've had in mind for TR since inception has been a modder who wants to get a nicely done one-off item into the game, but doesn't want to create their own crafting bench/write a smelting recipe/etc. for just a single thing. "mod" and done was the idea.

HOWEVER, we have released Tabula Rasa under a Creative Commons license, which means others are free (and encouraged!) to take what we've done and make derivative works. I just don't think it's the direction we want to go with it.

19. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

That's not actually correct.
    INFORMATION
    Author:
    LowestFormOfWit

That's the only place I looked in the top right. However I have added an annotation to the video giving him credit as well.

20. LowestFormOfWit

Yes, this is due to the mod repository not allowing multiple ownership of mods (yet?), and I explained why I was the sole member of this two person collaboration when it came to ownership. Thanks for the updated annotation regardless! :)