How to Link Old Threads(For Voting)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Seria-Myouna, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

First find your suggestion on the voting page.

(For Chrome Users):
    1. Open your Java interface(F12)
    2. User the magnifier tool to click the text of your suggestion.
    3. Read the ID # and input it: [ http://playstarbound.com/suggestions/?p=view&id=XxXx ]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. Right Click the Page and click Inspect Element on your suggestion's link:
    [​IMG]
    2. Follow step 3 as seen above.
    [​IMG]
    (For FF Users):
    1. Hover over your suggestion and press Q to inspect the element
    2. The third nested arrow should have the ID # you need, and its highlighted below for your convenience.
    3. Input the ID # here: [ http://playstarbound.com/suggestions/?p=view&id=XxXx ]
    [​IMG]
    (For IE Users):
    1. Press F12 to open developer console.
    2. Use the pointer button(In the top left of the box shown below) to select your suggestion like above.
    3. Your ID is the first [-] above the highlighted area(6347 in this case).
    4. Input the ID # here: [ http://playstarbound.com/suggestions/?p=view&id=XxXx ]
    [​IMG]

If you completed these steps correctly, you should now have a link where ONLY your suggestion should be displayed.
    http://playstarbound.com/suggestions/?p=view&id=6357
    [​IMG]
    Mac Credits to:
    -MoonyJello

This thread is not for advertising. Only post questions or comments.

2. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

If you're using Chrome on Mac you have to hit Inspect Element when you right-click.

3. Seria-Myouna

Fixed.

Serenity and MoonyJello like this.
  4. Towwl

Towwl Phantasmal Quasar

Aw you blocked out all your tabs and bookmarks, now I can't judge you :<

Anyways, is there any quicker version of that first step of "First find your suggestion on the voting page." besides scrolling through 50 pages of suggestions?

5. Seria-Myouna

Not that I'm aware of yet. If I figure something out I'll be sure to let you know!

6. Tana64

Tana64 Sandwich Man

If you don't create hundreds of threads yourself, you can find your suggestion under your player profile.

• Hover over your username, and select 'Your Profile Page'.
    • Click on 'Postings'.
    • Scroll to the end of the list, and select 'Find all Threads by <username>'.
    If you make a lot of threads it still takes a little sorting, but better than 50 pages of suggestions. :redpanda:

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  7. LightHoof

LightHoof Pangalactic Porcupine

If I look for thread ID using this method it doesn't work well - links with these IDs point at some wrong suggestions that are not even mine.

8. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

What is... this? I don't quite understand.

9. Recently, a voting system was added for Suggestions. If you make a new suggestion, SuggestionsBot will automatically reply to your thread with a "voting link". If your thread is from before this system was implemented, your suggestion is still indexed in the voting system, but you are not given a voting link since your thread is from before the system was added. If you follow Seria's guide, you will end up with what SuggestionsBot would have given you if your thread was posted after.

10. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Huh. Thanks for clarifying.

11. Stoltverd

Stoltverd Big Damn Hero

I think it's broken

12. It is. When we upgraded the forum software, the plugin we use for suggestions broke.

Stoltverd likes this.
  13. Stoltverd

Stoltverd Big Damn Hero

Well, that sucks :p
    Thanks for the update on the matter! Just noticed a little while ago!
    You guys rock, always so caring for the community :,)
    Kudos!
    Also noticed the server is having a hard time with so much traffic :p

14. Der_Schwarm

Der_Schwarm Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to disturb this thread, but I cant find my suggestion on the suggestionpage to get my link. I have gone through all the pages 2 times but cant find it. Is just the suggestionbot broken and doesnt provide you with a vote-link or is the whole system screwed and new entries deisnt get listed?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  15. It hasn't worked since September or so when we upgraded the forum software.

16. Der_Schwarm

Der_Schwarm Void-Bound Voyager

So my suggestion is kind of screwed until the system get fixed. Timing is key ;-). Thanks for the wuick respond.