Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. these are amazing like i love how they look and i love cowboys so the fact that they are like in there western era just makes them that much more cool i really hope they get added

2. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

I know this is technically the wrong of the two threads to post this, but how exactly are the Novakid being added a mix between these Novakid and the Anodyne? I see absolutely nothing of the Anodynes in their appearance, personality, or culture.
    [speculative_rant]
    Avian Book "The Progenitors":
    This is just speculation, but I have a strange feeling this is referring to the Anodynes or some equivalent. Novakid seem... Unlikely, as their collective attention span would never be enough for them to stay and watch-over an entire species, even if it is as gods. It also mentions that after a long time, they died out. Novakid, we know, are going to be a playable race - not very dead, to say the least. It makes me wonder if the Anodynes are going to be implemented as a seperate race, perhaps a NPC race or just referenced a lot in lore-entries. As it stands, speculation, but since the Novakid seem to be entirely Novakid, maybe the Anodyne will be seperate. Of course, this is Beta Stage 1, so there's plenty of time for the Novakid backstory to be changed completely multiple times, which is also a possibility. [/speculative_rant]

3. The major difference is that Anodynian culture is modeled after ancient Greco-Roman culture. It may be assumed that Novakid culture was once this way. What I'm hoping is that ancient Novakid dungeons will look all roman and stuff.

MoonyJello likes this.
  4. Lordfiscus

Lordfiscus Phantasmal Quasar

Perhaps the Anodynes were some kind of precursor to Novakid, or they were the race's version of the Renaissance.

5. Lordfiscus

Lordfiscus Phantasmal Quasar

I think the description for Novakid stated they distill and imbibe nebulae. Perhaps they're a race of alcoholics? Thus, their race's recipes on the cooking table have to be some form of alcohol.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  6. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

Maybe the Anodynes were just a "civilization" of Novakids that managed to last longer than the norm.
    Unless the info that Bietol made with them didn't get adopted as well, which doesn't make sense.

7. WowGain

WowGain Scruffy Nerf-Herder

one could say that they were a race that DIDN'T last as long, since new civilizations of Novakid start out in the stone age basically, then eventually progress to the technological norm (wild west) of the Novakid. Maybe the Anodynes got wiped out in their Grecian/Roman generations. Maybe a special mutation that took the certain type of Novakid much longer to progress? Since most of the Novakid take 10 or so generations to be at the same level of technology as any other Novakid.

8. Beta_747

Beta_747 Void-Bound Voyager

IDEA: the Anodyne thingy peoples could be a subculture/subspecies of the Novakid, that could put some more interesting content into the lore. I mean 'cmon how cool are space cowboys, with two sub versions its even better (most likely unless i'm being an idiot again). Or they could be rivals too, hmm ideas are hurting my brain ima stop now. :D

9. Karathona1

Karathona1 Space Spelunker

What's a novakid's lifespan???
    NEEDTOKNOWTHISISAWESOME

10. Beta_747

Beta_747 Void-Bound Voyager

Nice question, i would guess pretty long because of what they are made of. They don't seem to have any reason to die of old age so i think they might just survive untill they get themselves killed due to their ADD and forgetful nature... o_O But wtf do i know this wasn't my idea. ;)

11. AndIMustMask

AndIMustMask Tentacle Wrangler

i only just now realized that johnsu did the novakid image. i've been following him on dA for YEARS and never noticed (his stuff is great by the waym check it out if you get the chance.).

pigrocket likes this.
  12. ClockworkMidnight

ClockworkMidnight Big Damn Hero

I think he said they live about as long as humans.

13. Luce

Luce Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah this kinda hints that they can die of natural (old age) causes.

14. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

As does this:

15. Bietol is Johnsu.

16. AndIMustMask

AndIMustMask Tentacle Wrangler

you've blown my mind

WowGain and pigrocket like this.
  17. Graal

Graal Big Damn Hero

Who's to say it was a long time? Who's to say there weren't a group of Novakids who decided it'd be fun to ascend a race of bird people and th- ooh, a shiny!

Beta_747 likes this.
  18. Nirbil

Nirbil Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Man... I wish I could jump through time so I could get to the Novakid release...

NovaTheKid likes this.
  19. NovaTheKid

NovaTheKid Big Damn Hero

man know what you mean, i hate waiting. And once they are released, thats the only races ill be playing as

20. pigrocket, NovaTheKid and BlastRed like this.