1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated The Tabula Rasa 2.1

Unified Crafting Bench for Mod Content

1. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Nice update! Btw, is it possible to get the sorting done with the new buttons, if we dont specify "dependency"? I know its currently working this way, but you think will be possible to make it work without dependency? Would be nice.

2. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit Pangalactic Porcupine

We actually weren't aware of the requirement for dependency until I did a final test last night. Because we use __merge against the Tabula Rasa for people to add buttons to a single array from multiple mods, you must specifiy it as a dependency or your __merge won't find the TR object as it is a mod.

A __merge is usually used to overwrite a basegame file, and making Tabula Rasa a dependency basically tells your mod to treat it as a basegame file so you can __merge against it.

If we find a work around in the future we'll definitely look into it (I never want to force Tabula Rasa on anyone), but at the moment this feature won't function if you don't specify the dependency.

teihoo likes this.
  3. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

AAAH!! Yes yes, i figured that out actually when I was making a cross-over mod between 2 other mods ... wish you could list which mods load before others.

4. OmenKiyoshi

OmenKiyoshi Void-Bound Voyager

I dunno if it has been asked or not yet (I don't have time to read 8 pages of forum posts atm, as i head to class soon) But I was wondering if there is a way to organize recipes either by necessary content, level, name, mod pack, or some other possible way of re-arranging everything to be in a more...aesthetically pleasing way (ex: With the SAO mod, the armors, capes and weapons are all scattered throughout the list. this is also true with base armors.....) If there is, let me know plz? Thanks.

5. LowestFormOfWit

There is no need to read 8 pages. Just read the front page of the mod or the ReadMe (identical). Specifically the section "Creating a custom button filter". Newly implemented this update, it allows you to filter your mods however you wish. You create your own filter tag, button to associate to it, and simply tag the recipes with that tag and you can literally sort Tabula Rasa in whatever way. We encourage modders to do this by creating buttons for their mod or by author, but users can manage their local Tabula Rasa this way also!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  6. OddMike

OddMike Void-Bound Voyager

You guys are the best keep up the great work!

7. killerpokemon

killerpokemon Orbital Explorer

Really nice mod helps me test out if mods work its a mod within a mod O_O

8. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit updated The Tabula Rasa with a new update entry:

The Tabula Rasa V2.0 - Hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. Symple85

Symple85 Space Spelunker

I cant seem to be able to place the item. I can craft it just fine and pick it up out of my inventory, but when I click to place it, it just vanishes. Any ideas?

10. LowestFormOfWit

Sounds like you're trying to place it in a multiplayer setting on a server not running Tabula Rasa, or not running the 'current' Tabula Rasa. Disappearing happens most commonly when you try to place an object the server can't define, usually because it's not installed on the server.

11. Asatrix

Asatrix Guest

Okay I love this mod but am having a time getting my mod to show up just on the crafting table rather than soley on the Rasa -.- it any advice? I am prepping my mod for my server

oh may have found the issue i had "mod" outside the groups box o.o

this is my groups box: "craftingtable", "tools", "all"

uhg. I can't get this right LowestFormofWit when you get a chance let me know how I would do so. for now the mod requires your mod in order to run

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  12. tiwuno

tiwuno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great mod, love the functionality added in the newest version! I'm trying to add my own button, but I can't seem to get it to show up and the description is a bit vague. Where does it look for the custom artwork? I've edited tabularasa.object so that the lines read as follows:

Code:
    "baseImage" : "/interface/unchecked_grey.png",
    "baseImageChecked" : "/interface/checked_gold.png",

I then made a folder for the artwork at:

Code:
    [MYMODNAMEHERE]/objects/wired/tabularasa/interface

However, I assume this is incorrect because the art doesn't show up in-game. Where should I put the art?

13. LowestFormOfWit

The default crafting table doesn't act like Tabula Rasa in that you can just tag a recipe "craftingtable" and it will show up there. For vanilla stuff you also have to know the blueprint. Tabula Rasa is set up to show recipes without blueprints being learned, whereas the base game crafting table is not.

You'll have to do a __merge of your recipe into player.config into the defaultBlueprints so that players know the recipe, and then leave the "craftingtable" tag in the recipe so that the recipe shows up on the crafting bench.

I apologize for the confusion! The baseImage and baseImageChecked paths start at the root folder of the mod the image is in. In your example, if your button images are located where you say:

Code:
    [MYMODNAMEHERE]/objects/wired/tabularasa/interface
    ...then your paths should look like this:

Code:
    "baseImage" : "/objects/wired/tabularasa/interface/unchecked_grey.png"
    "baseImageChecked" : "/objects/wired/tabularasa/interface/unchecked_gold.png"

14. tiwuno

tiwuno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Works perfectly! Thank you. :)

15. LowestFormOfWit

Glad it worked out. I updated the main page specifying where the path starts, and will update the ReadMe for future versions.

I'm also interested in gathering a list/showcase of people's Custom Filter Buttons so I can show them off on the main mod page. If anyone wants to post here or PM me their filter button images and the mods they're associated with, I'm not against putting up a small showcase!

16. berndmaurer

berndmaurer Space Hobo

The download of Version 1.5 dont work! It shows me everytime the v2.0. Can you reupload the 1.5 for Angry Koala?

17. Systamatic_Dream

Systamatic_Dream Intergalactic Tourist

So downlaoded it, and when i bring up the personel crafting and make one, it appears in my inventory. Then when I place it on the ground, ship, anywhere really tried multiple times, it disapears and goes back into my inv, though ti doesnt actually appear in my inv. Any suggestions?

18. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Are you logging into a server that does not have tabularasa mod installed?

19. Systamatic_Dream

Systamatic_Dream Intergalactic Tourist

I thought it was a vanilla mod, no my server refuses almost all mods, (( looking for a rp friendly modd server) So Ill have to wait. Sorry. new to installing mods and such.

20. LowestFormOfWit

I'm not showing any problems downloading V1.5 from the repository. Is there a reason you need an older version for an older Starbound?

Yeah this is what happens when you try to place a mod into a server in multiplayer that isn't running the mod. Your server and client have to have the same mods loaded for it to work in a multiplayer setting.