Announcement TAW Demo Available for Download!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fetalstar, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Xren

Xren Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh well I tried playing it and I loved it except it lags...maybe it's not optimized yet or my laptop just sucks :)

• skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I just noticed that there is a demo - downloading now!

This looked so nice on the website that I already bought it - knowing it will take a while to finish - but now I can get a first glimpse. Nice! :up:

beta_red likes this.
      • Songtress

Songtress Big Damn Hero

So far so good, though there are ALOT of control, and I found myself fumbling with my controller to figure out how I WANTED to MAP them all. ( I play TAG with a control and it works beautifully).
        Though my other notice was that the hook wind & and swing action felt a bit 'floating', in TAG it was immediate and swift in TAW it feels slower (got hit by the spiders in Cargale Bluff before I realized why I wasn't killing them.. as fast.)

Though I will sayt I LOVE the new look, and the fact that the bird (Whydah?), is with you from the beginning- the remake is /different/ but good.

• fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

You know, I'm not 100% sure if Whydah's going to start with you right at the beginning in the real game, as this is just the demo, and things may be a little different.
          But it is fun that he's kind of your voice.
          Your incredibly sassy voice. X)

• RobitStudios

RobitStudios TAW Developer Developer

You aren't the first person to mention that the swing attack feels "slow" or "floaty" and I will be tweaking that before the final build. Mild spoiler:
            Keep in mind that there are a couple of new upgrades for the hook attack that you get in the game. They will improve the swing attack speed.

Also, you will have Whydah with you from the beginning, but his introduction was left out of that demo as not to spoil anything.

Thanks for your compliments. I'm glad you like what we're doing and I hope the final game will not disappoint.

• Songtress

Songtress Big Damn Hero

ooh. This makes me happy. So /when/ is the release date for this game?