1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Mephetor-Skunk Race 1.02

Skunks in space?

1. AnthonySkunk89

AnthonySkunk89 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would in fact, love that if you will as my pc suffered a HHD crash and I've been unable to do a thing till my new PC comes in. I'm on a temp pc at the moment, if you can send me what you did, I can update it and give props to you as well. Thanks mate. PS: When the HDD went, I lost EVERYTHING.

2. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

I've been there, it's absolutely terrible. At least HDD's are cheap and easy to replace. :)

Here's your updated mod-pack, confirmed working and in use by my server. The fellow furries love it; it's what I'm currently using. :3

http://www.furrybound.com/mephetor.rar

3. AnthonySkunk89

AnthonySkunk89 updated Mephetor-Skunk Race with a new update entry:

Mephator Skunk Race

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Snowpup

:D Now more can use quite possibly the best race mod around.X3

5. AnthonySkunk89

Oh come now... ^////^

6. Snowpup

Seriously it rules! Awesome clothing/sprite artwork, tail animations (even if there's no ideal animation) and awesome beginning hairstyles. I'm in love with this mod. That and I'm a total sucker for skunks. :V

7. AnthonySkunk89

xD Glad we could help.

8. StarWeaver

StarWeaver Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, I'm liking this mod so far but I have one critique about the design; the character selection icon just does not mesh with the design of the rest of all of the character creation system; it just looks really out of place, plus it's too blurry to see what it's supposed to be:

2014-02-04--05-10-04128--Starbound_-_Let's_finish_all_the_stuff_edition.png

9. The Wiz

The Wiz Master Chief

Hey I like your race I tried to make a skunk having the fur color orange red and belly color dark green but it's not possible. It would be great if you added thoses colors in the next version

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  10. SuperSilentSkunk

SuperSilentSkunk Tentacle Wrangler

hello! noob here.
    just wanted to say I find this mod really cool, and would like to contribute!
    I was looking into how to build a ship. I can't make any guarantees, but I will get back to you If I have something to offer.

11. AnthonySkunk89

I appreciate the help, this mod isn't dead yet and I'll begin more work on it soon as I ship out my funds for my new PC to come in.

12. SuperSilentSkunk

I understand. I don't want to take over this mod, just contribute. I've already figured out how to make a new ship, and have a working prototype. if you want me to back off, that's cool too! I just thought I might be able to contribute to this fun mod if you're ok with that.

13. AnthonySkunk89

Oh nonononono. xD I didn't mean it like that, I was telling everyone that I'm still trying to work on it. I wasn't saying you were trying to take it over, and the help would be nice. ^.^

14. SuperSilentSkunk

ahh, misread your post. sorry.

15. AnthonySkunk89

Or I miss typed mine. ^.^

16. SuperSilentSkunk

This is what I got thus far. Tell me what ya think!
    I am a little embarrassed about the banner, but I'm not quite sure how to make it look any better.
    Also, the ship is a bit bare. I hope to add more in the way of prop objects. I kinda wanna avoid just putting it in the background for the ship for modularity purposes, so it may take some time for me to make it look "skunky". thoughts/criticisms are welcome.

Attached Files:

17. AnthonySkunk89

Actually, looks way better then you were leading on. Looks Great! Loving the banners. xD Later tonight I'm probly gunna fiddle with the sprites again and see about adding new fur colors too.

18. AnthonySkunk89

Just don't overdo yourself my smelly friend. ^.^ Take breaks when needed.

19. SuperSilentSkunk

Hey, thanks!
    I felt like the banners looked a bit too unnatural, but I wanted to keep them simple.
    Any ideas on how to make the ship "skunky"? I was thinking a dark wood-like tileset. I was considering adding a tail-like fin, but I did not want to make the ship look cheesy.
    Also, do you want the race to be officially called "the Mephetor" in descriptions, or just skunks?

20. AnthonySkunk89

Well the "Meph" in Mephetor is short for the skunk family of Mephitidae in which the striped skunk "Mephitis-mephitis" falls under.

lol when you asked what to add to make it more, "Skunky" I though of a green jet booster. xD Dark wood would be nice with some slight urban setting. (Hey, they take our woods we take their city. xD) The banners are alright, we may edit them later. And as for it being sheesy for a tail like fin? Hey! We skunks made it to space, this is our ship, and it's armmed, go on.....make fun of it. (I don't mind it in other words.)

I may edit/redo the face tonight, but I'm trying to add more colors first.