1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED KIDS - COMMUNITY MOD Pleased Giraffe 15/08/31

Because the Universe need more kids!

1. Huijiro

Huijiro Void-Bound Voyager

telles0808 likes this.
  2. telles0808

telles0808 Cosmic Narwhal

I worked over your samples and finished the kid =]

kid_human_f02.png

She needed to be resized, because the kids are 3 to 4 pixels short and have a lighter color, also the eyes are bright =]

Feel free to make more Kids, it's amazing to have you helping Our Universe be more fun ^^

I'm more active on the Official Topic, here: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/kids-community-mod.70937/

3. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

could you make children of other races?
    ex: an avali for instance,with the tail n' all

4. telles0808

That's possible, but will need a lot of handwork. Feel free to ask if the developer of Avali race don't desire to make some kids for Us, as being a custom race, he have the Total Rights and control over it.

If the make at least a set of images of some Avali Kids with standard pose, walking pose, running pose and jumping/falling pose, I'll be able to implement it.

5. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

You could add chatter by adding a default invisible box above their heads that cycles to various animations.

basically, it mimics talking.

Wulfens likes this.
  6. Wulfens

Wulfens Void-Bound Voyager

I don't have male Hylotl and Apex and no female Floran and Glitch, and there is no Avian at all. Have you not made them yet or is something wrong on my end?

7. telles0808

It's not so simple, because each "animation" need a behavior to happen, and doing this will make it very linear, instead of random, like the talking system.

This part of the mod (talking behavior) will come only if officially added by the game for monsters / pets. After researching and trying my best, I decided to give up, because I don't have access to see what do what in lua and C++, and how to script it in lua to be interpreted in C++ when it's a exclusive feature of the NPCs.

That image in the first topic is only promotional. As described, this mod is made by the Community, so, if you desire those kids, and have the opportunity to help, please, download the sample pack in the main topic (http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/kids-community-mod.70937/) and start working on =]

8. silentbreath

silentbreath Void-Bound Voyager

Amazing! .................................mmm............... I had an inspiration when I use your MOD.It is suitable to be used as a pet MOD But LUA is too hard for me.May I use your scripts to make that?

9. ThunderBeta

ThunderBeta Big Damn Hero

This mod is squeeeeeeeeee

10. Damiano de' Caretti

Damiano de' Caretti Cosmic Narwhal

In my opinion,
    this should be implemented in the "vanilla" game...

11. KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now if only we could play as them. :eek:

Neat idea though.

12. beari78

beari78 Guest

What happens with modded races?

13. Damiano de' Caretti

Nothing:this modification adds kids as pets
    Go ahead,if you whish,and install it.

14. beari78

beari78 Guest

So its just kids of any race non-modded?

15. Damiano de' Caretti

Indeed...uless you make a request and the authors accept

16. DawnDuskEve

DawnDuskEve Void-Bound Voyager

Just a question- how am I supposed to make my "child" stay/wait? You've referenced that we would be able to do that, but mine just follows me around....
    Is there some sort of menu? If there is, how do I access it?

17. telles0808

You can't leave a kid alone, never! First, you need a random and confiable NPC, so, capture your kid with a capturepod and then release him shotting it over the NPC. If everything goes right, he will start to follow the NPC.

faytkun likes this.
  18. DawnDuskEve

DawnDuskEve Void-Bound Voyager

Oooooooo-kay...but, um...I kind of made mine with the 3-D printer...heh...

19. Azcordelia

Azcordelia Space Hobo

Aww, such a cute mod! :D

20. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I got permission from the Avali Race author:
    And am already on it:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (The left image is the default adult image rendering for comparison)