1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

A Thought About Glass

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PerfectOutlaw, Aug 30, 2014.

1. PerfectOutlaw

PerfectOutlaw Tentacle Wrangler

So I love the glass artifact, the high risk high reward playstyle is a fun change, and it really changes the priority of who is deadly in the early to mid game (I'm looking at you, jellyfish.) My only issue with glass is that too many of the items become way too strong with the damage boost and it can hurt some of the risk-based nature of the game mode.
    I've already seen and heard many who believe that Infusion and Guardian's Heart should also have 10% effectiveness, which I'd be fine with, but my biggest concern is with area damage passives, namely the Chargefield Generator. Once that thing takes off it makes a LOT of the challenge in getting swarmed go away, since until the game reaches some truly insane scaling, the chargefield can manage most of the low-health mob enemies in one or two ticks. Other items get similarly buffed into ridiculously strong levels (Barbed Wire, Ceremonial Dagger, anything that leaves a fire trail...) which leads me to my main thought:
    Maybe glass should be broken into two versions, call them Major and Minor if you wish. Minor Glass is the standard glass, where you have less health and everything you do deals more damage. Major Glass would instead raise your abilities' damage scaling by 500% but leave your damage unchanged, so your personal attacks would remain powerful but items would still work at normal effectiveness. Maybe I'm the only one still looking for an increased challenge here, but I figured I'd see how others felt about the Glass artifact. *shrugs*

• AmericanTrailMix

AmericanTrailMix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had an idea. How about instead of lowering your health with glass, it would increase the damage you take by five times. This would completely eliminate the issue, while keeping the high-risk gameplay exactly the same.

reVelske and NikolaiLev like this.