1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED KIDS - COMMUNITY MOD Pleased Giraffe 15/08/31

Because the Universe need more kids!

1. Exsistentiam

Exsistentiam Pangalactic Porcupine

why not make an age option in the character creation? or just make this a playable race in general and make half the already existing village npc children?

2. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Mainly because that would require manually converting EVERY SINGLE ARMOR to the smaller child form. It's not that it's impossible, it would just take so long as to be impractical! :]
    Also, until the update comes out, you have to be more careful with what mods you use that "alter" or "replace" base game assets. The "_merge" tag that we have right now is misleading - in reality, it's actually an "overwrite", not a merge. So for example if Mod A changed half the village NPC's to children, and Mod B added more customization options to the village NPCS (i.e. weapons, hairs, armors, etc.) then best case one would completely blank out the other, worst case there would be children running around with outfits that reached 3 feet over their heads and had floating hair! :p

3. PabloM

PabloM Pangalactic Porcupine

Could you do it so that children don't wear armour...?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  4. Ulithium_Dragon

You may be able to do what I'm doing with the Avali child race - have the armor as a part of the body (much like the human undergarments), but that would lead to a few complications:
    For one, you would be limited to (1) outfit for all children, unless you did something very resource-intensive, such as 5 different human child races to have 5 different armors. However, this would make it even harder to implement them into towns, and I'm also not even sure if you can make randomized NPC's without an armor leveled list. I suppose you could also use a list with nothing but invisible dummy armors, but the amount of work this would take would still be considerable...

5. SquarelyCircle

SquarelyCircle Cosmic Narwhal

This mod is a great idea. I really hope it or something similar gets officially into the game. After all, in a game about the exploration of space, discovering new species and all, it doesn't make sense that the development and growth of individuals within the societies would be so flatly overlooked.

6. D9sinc

D9sinc Big Damn Hero

I'm sorry if this sounds mean, but what can the kids do or are they just there for looks?

7. SquarelyCircle

Kids grow up to become adults..... ... ... ... ... .. .. ... .. . . :p

8. D9sinc

D9sinc Big Damn Hero

Do they do so in game?

9. SquarelyCircle

I was just jokin' around. I doubt it, but have no knowledge.

10. D9sinc

D9sinc Big Damn Hero

On some level I knew that, but I still wanted to believe lol

11. SquarelyCircle

I guess I'd like to delude myself and believe it, too. Wouldn't it be so awesome if civilizations grew old and were replaced by younger generations, and you could become familiar with characters on that level. Pay no heed to the fact that you aren't aging...

12. D9sinc

D9sinc Big Damn Hero

Maybe space travel is somehow preventing you from aging?

13. SquarelyCircle

Faster than light travel.... isn't there some einsteinian premise that when moving at the speed of light, other things age more quickly than you?

"Thus, the crew of a speeding spaceship might perceive their trip to another planet to take two weeks, while people left behind on Earth would observe their passage taking 20 years."
    http://www.space.com/17951-einstein-relativity-faster-than-light-travel.html

14. EpicHyloti101

EpicHyloti101 Subatomic Cosmonaut

How did you edit the character size. And if possible can there be a mod that works in Vanilla that your character is bigger.

15. Ulithium_Dragon

Unfortunately: You can't, and you can't. Since Starbound uses low-end single-pixel graphics, sprite scaling is impossible without either support being added by the devs (which would still cause some distortion effects and make things look generally blurrier and lower-rez), or painstakingly creating entirely new sprites, including all their possible animation frames (i.e. walking, running, jumping, swimming, etc.), like this mod did.

16. SaberMurusaki

SaberMurusaki Phantasmal Quasar

pls add novakid kids
    that sounded weird

17. Blacksun67899

Blacksun67899 Void-Bound Voyager

Does this mod not work anymore?

18. Makein

Makein Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does it's not work with PG? Or CLeF mod?

19. Rex Blackbeak

Rex Blackbeak Spaceman Spiff

How to spawn kids pls tell me (pleased girraffe update 5)

20. Viriato

Viriato Aquatic Astronaut

This is just plain awful! For one you didn't even explain how to summon a kid exactly and too it doesn't seem to work!