1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

More content, please.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AmericanTrailMix, Oct 14, 2014.

1. AmericanTrailMix

AmericanTrailMix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeeessss, yess, i get it, new update coming soon. But the problem is, and although TWO new characters is absolutely amazing, 10 items is like nothing. I need to fuel my item collecting soul, and, as I feel like with games like Terraria, once you're done, you either A. Stop playing, B. Keep playing with nothing new to experience, or C. Wait until next update. Due to the lack of modding support, there's nothing there to fill in the blanks. That's another thing; once you switch to a new engine, it won't be TOO difficult to add modding support, would it?

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

You do realize exactly how much work they have to do right? Porting the game to a new engine is hard enough, but they're working on two entire new system supports, AND 2 new classes which require fine tuning and balancing.
      Plus we don't know how much the update will contain. There could be more than 10 items for all we know. They're also doing this FOR FREE. No DLC, no money, nothing. Free. Seems pretty greedy and selfish to want more and beg for it when they're working their hardest on adding MORE content.

Active Link and Owl_Stalker like this.
      • AmericanTrailMix

AmericanTrailMix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I understand this, and I don't mean to be rude or selfish (sorry for not stating so in the original post) but I'm honestly bored of the lack of anything unique in the game that I don't already know everything about. Sorry for upsetting anyone, and I don't mean to rush anything, but, as I've stated with Terraria, waiting for an update, especially in a game that rarely updates or has been in an update-drought is really hard, especially if it's one of your favorite games. I posted this after unlocking Origin and 100%ing the game, so I just wanted to let someone know. I'm sure other people feel the same way.