1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED A.V.I.A.N. Avian Core

Artificial Visual Intelligent Assistance Network

1. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

Cgeta submitted a new mod:

A.V.I.A.N. - Artificial Visual Intelligent Assistance Network

Read more about this mod...

2. Cgeta

3. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Hey thanks for this great mod! Its really nice to see it finally ingame now. :D

However, you should change the zip structure (include the mod folder, not just the files inside the mod folder) or create a modpak.

4. Cgeta

Hmm, that's how it originally was, but it didn't work for me. But yeah, I'll upload the first version againX3

Basically

zip folder "Avian"
    ---folder "Avian"
    ------all the files

5. Cgeta

6. Boxspring

Boxspring Void-Bound Voyager

This is fantastic, but is there any way I can install this for only avians? I'd still like to use the normal hylotl ai with my hylotl, pretty please!

7. Riku Caboose

Riku Caboose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

and this mod works on the unstable (soon to be official update) version?

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You've inspired me. And I may have found a way to make AVIAN only work on avians, leaving the other species' AI untouched, considering what I just pulled off on my felin AI. Convo me for details if you're interested.

Crystan likes this.
  9. Cgeta

Hmmm
    At first I didn't really expect that someone would download an AI mod and then play with another AI anyway :rofl:
    But it makes sense. Especially if someone plays with multiple characters.
    I thought it would be impossible to make my AI replace only the avian one, as the default AIs and mine have a completely different complexity. At the moment all AIs use the same code to some degree, like for the expressions. I added all kind of unique expressions for her, but since the default AIs also use that area, the game would try to use expressions on an AI that doesn't have them.

Also I dunno how to merge ._.
    So if someone used my AI and also have a race mod with another AI, they'd clash unless merged properly.

But if you know how to do that, let me know :D
    I guess I can add the race specifying flag things even to the part where the expressions are defined?

Yups. It only works on the unstable

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I can teach ya~
    That's pretty much what I did. Just start a convo with me and I'll share my secrets.

Crystan likes this.
  11. EpicGamer071

EpicGamer071 Aquatic Astronaut

help plz

yeah just downloaded this mod. how do i use it. is it like an npc?

12. Dressari

Dressari Void-Bound Voyager

So I'm struggling to implement my own race into the game and thus far I have most of it sorted. But I am really interested in applying this wonderful mod to my race that I would have AVIAN instead of the default AI. I managed to weed out most of the problems with the game crashing because of conflicts, but now the only issue I have is that the game starts and I can access the Ship's AI but it still shows me the default AI.

What would I need to do in order to allow my custom race to use AVIAN instead, I think one of my options is to mess with the AVIAN's files and insert my race into it, but I would rather not do that unless absolutely necessary. If it helps to know my race mod uses the bare essentials for information based on the human race's files. The only things I modified were the sprites and it uses the Apex ship instead of the human.

13. Cgeta

It's for the current unstable update, named Upbeat Giraffe, which introduced the AIs
    Also it can't used like an NPC D:

I think inserting your race into my AI is the only way to make it work.
    Maybe kawa knows more about that as he also made a custom race and has more experience with that.
    With the help of him I'm going to make a version of the AI that doesn't replace entire files, and only replaces/adds lines to the current files.
    I imagine you could do that too with the same files

14. Dressari

Dressari Void-Bound Voyager

Ah-ha! I think I understand now what with all the new changes they made. I think yes adding my race into the Mod's files will be the best way to do it for now since most of the commands require to add or replace, or some other command to meld mods together, in a sort of complicated way. I noticed that the files did seem to replace rather than "Patch", and since my files are "Patching" It's overwriting the mods instead of drawing from it like it used to with the old _merge command.

Although when I look at it, I'm not sure simply adding my race into AVIAN will solve the problem since the game crashes every time the AI files for my race is missing, there needs to be something present and I'm not sure what it would have to be to get around that. I'll experiment in the mean time, but Kawa's input would be helpful at this point. I look forward to the time you can release the mod so it can accommodate custom races easier. AVIAN is certainly more appealing and interactive than the current AI's :D

15. EpicGamer071

Well since i have a mac it might not work? i mean it does not tell me my version.

16. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Without going into too much detail I would suggest checking out the ai folder in the newest unpacked folder. If you know how to properly replace/add/remove/etc for config patches, you should be good. Also, you can manually assign expressions with their position in the images. I was never good with it, so I stayed away, but I know it's possible to add extra/custom emotions to the AI.

17. EpicGamer071

ahhh yes got it to work i had to use the unstable version by going to properties! this mod adds story to the game

18. newciv1

newciv1 Void-Bound Voyager

I really hope she doesn't hate me ._. Is she asleep? Is it something I said? I can't find her, I'm lonely, and slowly going insane, talking to every rock I bring back to the ship. I've checked all the assets and everything... Do I dare switch to unstable? I could... But I'm not very tech-savvy so I'd much appreciate some help ^-^ Please... I really don't wanna go insane.

19. Cgeta

You will need the unstable version. As it's the version that introduced the AIs

20. newciv1

newciv1 Void-Bound Voyager

Ju
    Just did ^-^ But now there's an issue... Uhm...
    [16:41:04.719] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [16:41:04.805] Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    [16:41:05.279] Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (StarException) An error occurred during loading: (NpcException) Error loading npc type '/npcs/bunkerguard.npctype'
    Caused by: (VariantException) No such key in Variant::get("type")
    ClientApplication::postSplashInitialization()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main
    This is in reference to the "type" in the human guard's asset name, right? If so, do I need to go in manually and change it? I've tried, but it's like that 1983 Tron. Looking for data, but I just can't find it. Then I'm chased by recognizers, captured by the MCP, and derezzed ._. But thanks for the help ^-^