1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Universal Uncrafter v1.46 (p1.2)

Decompose any item with a recipe. Reconstitute useless materials.

1. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

Wellbott submitted a new mod:

The Universal Uncrafter - Decompose any item with a recipe into its material components. And generated weapons too.

Read more about this mod...

2. Sos339

Sos339 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Only seems to work 20% of the time with other mods installed. As soon as a mod adds an alternate recipe for the same item, the machine "locks up" and doesn't uncraft anything (besides a few guns)

3. Wellbott

Damn, in theory it should handle those cases well, but cross-compatibility has so many unknowns. Is there a specific mod example I could investigate?

4. Sos339

5. Wellbott

6. Wellbott

Wellbott updated The Universal Uncrafter with a new update entry:

"Free Recipe" Fix

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1424467894][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think this update should take care of it: take a look and let me know if there are any outstanding issues.

7. Sos339

Can do!

EDIT:
    Works nicely.
    I don't recommend the smelting mod with this mod. (Uncrafting gold bars gives you glitch furniture, who knows what you'll get when you uncraft other bars.)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  8. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

9. Kamidarko

Kamidarko Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found some complications with your mod my good man. When I placed certain items to be decrafted, such as a glass jar it comes up with a ridiculous amount of unrelated materials. Alien juice gives thousands of sewage blocks. I am certain though that this is simply a mod conflict with something like FU or some such, just thought I should bring it to your attention.

10. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

Lovely mod, only a few things to talk about.

• Uncrafting huge stacks is painful
    I'm running this with BlockTable plus, and uncrafting stacks and stacks of slime blocks takes a very long time. Perhaps you could slowly exponentially increase the number of input items that are processed each update.
    • It does the wrong thing when shift-clicking more than a full stack into the input
    If there is a partial stack of said slime blocks in the input and you shift-click a full stack in, it will fill the input stack and then dump the rest into the output. What it should do is only allow enough in to fill the input stack and leave the rest in the inventory.
    • y u no platinum?
    Even if it's at the same level as durasteel it needs to be able to generate platinum from weapons, now that crafted lockers are a thing.
    • It spews to the log
    I think it works fairly well now, no need to dump every recipe to the log.

11. Wellbott

While I can't do anything about the shift-click behavior, that being simply how containers work, I like the other suggestions. Especially removing the debug stuff which I so often forget. Will do these things shortly.

12. Wellbott

Wellbott updated The Universal Uncrafter with a new update entry:

Material Reconstitution

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

Aren't matter blocks super rare normally? Turning dirt into matter blocks seems a bit cheaty. Well, even cheatier than turning random weapons into ores anyway.

14. Wellbott

Rare enough that I don't really know where you can get them, but all they can actually be used for is making a set of mediocre armor. It does seem like it might get more valuable in the future, and I'll keep an eye on that. Still, the mod being fundamentally a bit cheatyface, some corners will be cut. Using pure Matter Blocks as the medium was too thematically appropriate to pass up; Perfectly Generic blocks would have worked well too imo, but they can make good armor.

15. CrimsonGiraffe

CrimsonGiraffe Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know if this was intended or not, but when I uncraft Alien Juice I get sewage blocks at a rate of 500 blocks for one unit of liquid :S

16. Wellbott

There are no vanilla recipes for alien juice, so that must be added by another mod. If you find out whose, might report it to them, 500 sewage blocks for one drop of alien juice has to be a typo.

CrimsonGiraffe likes this.
  17. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

Matter blocks can (previously) only be created by using the matter generator in the scifi dungeon. If you mine them they drop matter items. Which leads to the question, should this be generating/consuming matter blocks or matter items?

18. CrimsonGiraffe

CrimsonGiraffe Phantasmal Quasar

@Wellbott , you were right, it's from the mod Material Recycler :p

19. ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva Seal Broken

If the input and output slots of the device could be increased like 3-5 times more, it would be really great. Now you have to go and put the new item everytime but if you do it otherwise it can be like put and forget and come later for all the output. Very nice mod.

20. Radenius

Radenius Void-Bound Voyager

If you put clothes and stuff in it, before it would just do nothing but now it crashes with a runtime error.