1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Active Stealth Module v1.62 (p1.2)

A person/plant/fish/etc-portable active cloaking system.

1. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

Wellbott submitted a new mod:

Active Stealth Module - A person/plant/fish/etc-portable active cloaking system.

Read more about this mod...

2. tomatelopes

tomatelopes Subatomic Cosmonaut

Any videos of explanation to show how this work?

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  3. volnues

volnues Void-Bound Voyager

I think this would be a lot more fun/cooler if you made it slightly invisible so you aren't completely invisible

Scion likes this.
  4. Scion

Scion Void-Bound Voyager

Yes. Perhaps a translucent shimmer/outline would improve the mod.

5. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

So how do I finish the quest? I got 1000 Tesla Spikes, plus some soda and chocolate from the nearby shop, but nothing from the fridge is showing.

6. Wellbott

There's actually a proper "candy" item at the other Outpost shop.

7. Kamidarko

Kamidarko Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found a glitch where occasionally when I go stealth mode and the energy runs out I will simply be stuck in stealth and able to run around killing everything without anyone doing anything about it.

8. Wellbott

Aha, a script crash error! There are always a few edge cases floating around to cause those. The next time this happens, could you grab /Starbound/giraffe_storage/starbound.log and put it in a pastebin to link here? I might find it anyway, knowing where it happens, but seeing the thrown error really helps.

EDIT: Found it, classic typo crash. Will fix soon, bundle with a few improvements too I think.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    Crusism likes this.
  9. Wellbott

Wellbott updated Active Stealth Module with a new update entry:

Bugfix + dynamic energy cost

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1431145237][/DOUBLEPOST]For anyone watching, should I look into expanding this mod super hard?

I could, for instance, add special stealth weapons, or a method to modify existing ones. These could potentially do a lot of fun things, like
    • Deal huge sneak-attack damage when fired from stealth
    • Only break the cloak if you fail to kill the target in one hit, or if another hostile sees them get killed by it.
    • Turn off/destroy lights and other objects when you shoot them.
    • Lure nearby hostiles to their impact point
    By now, pretty much any Solid Snake/Splinter Cell stuff you can think of, I think I got the Lua skills to make happen (except dragging bodies around, no ragdoll physics to work with).

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    Crusism, J_Mourne and Anfalas like this.
  10. tomatelopes

tomatelopes Subatomic Cosmonaut

Stealth attacks and weapons, will be so much OP, maybe some chance to NPCs see you if you go in front of it or hear you if you make noise.

I liked the idea of stealth kill, if you fail to kill the npcs it see you.

Maybe you can create a "body" item: it save the body stats, then go to your inventory and when you use it spawn the same body.
    /sorry for my bad english

11. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

The body item could work like a close-up capture pod. I can see that.

tomatelopes likes this.
  12. Dustwing

Dustwing Void-Bound Voyager

My game crashes upon opening the tech station.

13. Wellbott

That's an odd place for a crash. Could you post /Starbound/giraffe_storage/starbound.log after it happens?

14. Dustwing

Dustwing Void-Bound Voyager

K.

Attached Files:

15. Wellbott

Right, it's because the game can't find the Mecharachnid mission. Starbound throws a fit when it can't find missions, codexes, or status effects. Trying to see if it can be manually removed from the .metadata file.[DOUBLEPOST=1431291428][/DOUBLEPOST]Well I guess it can be removed, but it seems to take all a player's quest progress with it. So I think you just have to put the Mecharachnid mod back. I really hope Chucklefish will deal with those soon, it's a real modding support issue.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  16. Anfalas

Anfalas Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting mod. How does it go in multiplayer?

LordInfinitius likes this.
  17. nickchilds99

nickchilds99 Void-Bound Voyager

Where do i find in the outpost?[DOUBLEPOST=1433445283][/DOUBLEPOST]
    *where do i find the quest? i fixed my FTL drive, then downloaded the mod. Does that matter?

18. kenanthebarbarian

kenanthebarbarian Phantasmal Quasar

Regarding my review: No, not more invisible than it's supposed to be. Just gracing you with my rapier wit. :disshappy:

I'm happy to add a star if it's more troublesome than amusing.

19. ktoque

ktoque Aquatic Astronaut

Cannot find quest

20. Biotic Vanguard

Biotic Vanguard Big Damn Hero

I'm not sure what's causing it, but all the land creatures keep dying when they show up on screen and so there's always a graveyard of pixels and meat on the ground. I feel as though your mod could be the culprit, but I'm not sure what the connection here is, and I think it *may* have started happening when I started the quest to get the tesla spikes, candy, and soda. I could be wrong about this, but I'm just looking for answers. I've removed many of my mods, but to no avail. The mods I have left are the ones I'm too scared to remove for the sake of my character and progress.