1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Resonat

Resonat Subatomic Cosmonaut

My spore username was res04w04, soooo yeah. We probably met and if we didn't, I just remember using your props in an underwater town I built in galactic adventures. :rofl:

Relten likes this.
  2. Heriol

Heriol Void-Bound Voyager

Also, when are the other races from Elithian Alliance be modded? :D

3. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Just got this one...

[00:40:13.045] Error: Could not apply patch from backend: Folder <../giraffe_storage/mods\avikan\.>. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Tried to get key 'avikan' in non-object type in pathApply("/scriptConfig/dialog/hail/avikan")

4. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Syntax error on he greeting script for avikan.

5. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

Soon, hopefully! There's a lot of background work already done; I had already built seven functional races a long time ago, but abandoned the project for a number of reasons. I got back to working on the mod a few months ago and decided to start with just a single race (the Avikan), but I still have many of the files for the other races. Unfortunately, a lot of those files do still have to be updated (I improved on the leg sprites a lot since I started working on the Avikan Race Mod, for example) which will take a while. The next species I'm planning to add are the fifth race displayed in that preview banner. The main reason for them being the next race is that their sprites need the fewest updates, and they're also one of the most uniquely shaped races out of the ten.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of free time right now (three to four hours a day at most, and I also have to make dinner in those few hours), but that will hopefully change next week. After that, I can really start working on the mod again!

I'll look into this issue! It seems like this will be a pretty easy fix, but you'll have to wait until at least next week for the next update because I have barely any time to work on the mod right now...

Heriol, Luthor614 and Relten like this.
  6. Kaiser2001

Kaiser2001 Void-Bound Voyager

Don't know about you guys, but I'm having this problem with the un-killable crew member on my ship. After I unlocked the captain's compartment, he did the typical NPC thing and sat down in the chair, not giving me access. I've tried to sit down on top of him, like with what happens with other NPCS, but it doesn't work. Help?

Relten likes this.
  7. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

I think you can talk to him to make him get his ass off the cap's chair? I know that worked in Spirited, does it do the same in Pleased?

8. Aegonian

This has always worked for me, in Spirited and Pleased both - just talk to the NPC and he should get up from the chair. I wish there was a way to keep the NPC out off the captain's chair, but I haven't found a way to do so yet...

Also: I haven't had good access to the internet for over a week now, so progress on updating the mod has been slow... I think I should have access again quite soon though, so hopefully the next update isn't too far off any more.

9. Aegonian

It's been a while, but I haven't forgotten about the mod! I've been very busy lately and haven't had time to work no the mod, but I'm picking up where I left off again! I hope to push a small update relatively soon, with a bigger content update coming next. I still have some big things planned and will hopefully be able to show some more on here soon. The other races are also still on my to-do list, but unfortunately it'll be a while before I can add those - I still don't have a lot of spare time for modding.

Heriol likes this.
  10. Aegonian

If all goes to plan, the next update should be ready for release sometime next week! It won't feature all of the content that I had hoped it would, but there's definitely some interesting new stuff in it. The things I couldn't add yet are still being worked on, though!

Here's a small sneak preview of the next update, showing fancy new armor, new weapons and a fully armed tenant:

[​IMG]

Resonat, Xren, carriontrooper and 2 others like this.
  11. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Hmmm. When I use this race I cannot beam down to the surface of the planet? any ideas why?

12. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

That's not the race, that's the planet having an item that's erroring. Try traveling to another planet, see if you can land.

13. Aegonian

Could you send me your starbound.log so I can take a look at the issue? Make sure you try to beam down to that planet again before copying and pasting the log, so that the error is recorded again.

14. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Sorry for the bother, it was just the planet.

15. Aegonian

No problem! That means there's something broken on the planet, which has happened to me before when I deleted tiles which were present on a planet. If you recently deleted any mods, you could try adding them back to your game to see if that fixes the planet. Otherwise I can still take a look at your starbound.log if you wish to - there could be a hidden issue in the Avikan mod, or perhaps another mod you're using.

16. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Ahh... it was one of the mods I had downloaded, Amazing mod by the way Currently my favorite race :mwahaha:

17. Aegonian

Aegonian updated Avikan Race Mod with a new update entry:

v1.2.0 Content Update

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1447679496][/DOUBLEPOST]Version 1.2.0 has finally arrived! This new version adds a bunch of new objects, weapons, armour sets, new tenants, new techs and much more - read the path notes for a better overview of the changes.

If you have any questions about the new content, or if you find any bugs or other issues, feel free to post about it right here and I'll do my best to answer your questions as soon as possible!

Unfortunately, the new settlement types didn't make it into this patch, but its still planned and actively being worked on. Some of my plans for the new updates include:

-A new Avikan Bunker settlement
    -A new Avikan Outpost, which will be used as a central hub for quests, will feature unique merchants, and will generally be the go-to place for new Avikan content
    -Unique Weapon Quests, which will reward you with unique and powerful weaponry upon completion. There's a few previews for this content in the mod already - look for any items with an orange name, these are quest-related items and unique weapons. These quests might also take you to new and unique locations
    -More techs and vehicles for you to use
    -More codex entries
    -More races - yes, the other nine races are still on my to-do list, and hopefully, the next race won't be too far off. I'll be focussing on Avikan settlements and the new outpost first, but the other races are also being worked on

If there's enough interest amongst the community, I might also create an Elithian Alliance wiki, with all the lore and background information for the Avikan and the other races. It's something I've been wanting to build for a long time, so if it's something you would also be interested in, do show your interest here!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Arra and carriontrooper like this.
  18. Arra

Arra The End of Time

What should I do if I have the earlier version of this mod, but want to update it?

19. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

i wish i could use this but because of some muk up reason i can't download anything from mediafire and the only clue i have is that the problem started when my family swiched to hugesnet gen 4. as an avali user, i like how close but different both races are and could see them being friends. at some point i'm going to have to try this out when i can i hope to have alot of fun with it. :)

20. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Delete the old mod, and swap it out with the new one.