1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED They Dug Too Deep [Glad Giraffe] 1.1

Gives adventure-types a new way to get their core fragments

1. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Monijir submitted a new mod:

They Dug Too Deep - Gives adventure-types a new way to get their core fragments

Read more about this mod...

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Screenshots make mods more appealing than plain text, good sir.

3. Monijir

lol. Thanks Mack. I vaguely remember falling asleep on the keyboard when I uploaded this. So I decided to pull a JJ Abrahams [sic?] on the marketing. I just posted some screen crops, thus earning myself another nap.

4. Monijir

5. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

Does this work on pleased giraffe or glad giraffe?

6. Mackinz

To be safe, go with Glad Giraffe.

7. Monijir

Glad only. Thanks for catching that. I'll update the mod page.

8. Mackinz

So, I just conquered the mine and found the section added by Too Deep... and it had no core fragments whatsoever.

9. Monijir

Thanks Mack. I'm going to need to repackage this anyhow, so I'll do some testing again. To be clear though, there are no core-fragments in the little mine. The two status-pods should spout bombs which add core-fragment-ore to the surrounding rocks (the ore-bomb effect - but for core-fragments).

10. Mackinz

...that's a bit unnecessarily confusing. Why not just have the ore spawn with a "mods" layer in Tiled?

11. Monijir

Because I wanted a big payoff after the player clears the mobs. (It originally served to illustrate how to use custom objects / tile sets in .json maps - but it no longer aligns with the conventions that the Starbounder tutorial set). I think keeping them the same color as normal pods was a mistake - I didn't account that players don't ALWAYS go for pods because the inherent risk. I'd like to keep the effect in one way or another though. There are many other ways to deliver the payoff and I haven't decided where to go with that yet, but I'll try to make sure it doesn't seem hidden or confusing.

12. Monijir

Monijir updated They Dug Too Deep [Glad Giraffe] with a new update entry:

Rework and Glad Giraffe 2 Compatability

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. eurosat7

eurosat7 Void-Bound Voyager

Played on unstable today and found the drill machine and switched it on. Got some animation but no interface or something else. Waited for 20 seconds.
    Then I realized it was standing on magma rock and tried to pick up the drill machine to place it somewhere else. The machine just disappeared. Mildly annoying.

14. Monijir

The magma rock is just for visuals - the corefragments are actually found by activating the status pods behind the stone doors. Near the top of the room. The drill machine usually activates them - but you can do it manually if that doesn't work for some reason.

eurosat7 likes this.
  15. eurosat7

eurosat7 Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, now I see what you intended. I was expecting the drill machine to mine downwards and drop the ores next to the machine to be picked up. My fault. ;)

16. Monijir

It would totally make more sense that way. At least to arrange all the stuff below the drill rather than above. Come to think of it there's an invisible motion detector in the tile sets, I could try setting it up so everything triggers when you get near the drill, including the lights on the drill machine intself...

eurosat7 likes this.
  17. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Nice concept, although here's a suggestion: maybe you could tweak some quest dialogue to indicate that your ship detected an abandoned mine at the surface of the planet, along with traces of Core Fragment Ore?

Old_Crazy_Gamer likes this.
  18. Gurudo99

Gurudo99 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I hate to bump an old post, but this mod seems really good for early game and was just wondering if there is any chance of you updating it for 1.0? I tried unpacking it but I guess the newest unpacker doesn't unpack .modpak files.

19. Mackinz

This mod really isn't necessary now because the mine dungeons actually have core fragments randomly distributed throughout the crates now.

20. Gurudo99

Gurudo99 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, yea they do, buuuut I can never get enough from them to power up the gate. It makes playing a new character very boring and repetitive in the very early game. Also, I love quests and I'm sure many others do also, and this mod seems like it would be an awesome first quest to do. If you don't plan to update the mod would it be possible for me to update the mod for personal use?