Notice Default Forum Theme

Discussion in 'Forum Info & Announcements' started by mollygos, Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Being a vampire, I'm still using the old, dark Platform theme. The new one is too bright for my tastes.

Harintosh, Tamorr, Ruin and 5 others like this.
  2. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

Hmmm... Wilfrey the Wilson says:
    WHERE ARE THE BEAUTIFUL PIXEL PENGUINS!? WHERE ARE THE MEMES AND HIDDEN DRY HUMOR, SUCH AS THE TWO GENDER NOVAKIDS SHOOTING EACH OTHER? WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THESE CRUEL FORUMS!? Okay, back to lurking through the muck of random posts to snatch up unsuspecting threads and engulf them in terror. Good day, Gentlemen/Ladies/Roos!

3. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

AaahhH! Nooo!!
    Now I'll have to log in every time I want to browse the forums, because this is extremely painful.
    A lot of people seem very put off by the brightness (for obvious reasons) - perhaps when it is ready, make the dark theme the default? It just seems to make sense since more people like the dark than the BLINDED BY THE LIGHT!

No really though, I'm sure lots of time went into this theme but I can't actually see any details it's so bright.

Edit: OH, GLORIOUS DARKNESS OF THE GREAT EMPTY VOID, I CAN SEE AGAIN!
    This is so much nicer. I wonder what I'll think of the darkCF theme when it comes out...

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  4. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. IJustWantTheModsBrah

IJustWantTheModsBrah Orbital Explorer

I laughed hard at this
    My eyessss! IT BURNSSS! [HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS]

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  6. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

The new theme is too bright... [​IMG]

7. IJustWantTheModsBrah

IJustWantTheModsBrah Orbital Explorer

Agreed.

8. Demogarose

Demogarose Subatomic Cosmonaut

cant agree more. first thing i did was switch back to the old style

9. Ridge106

Ridge106 Void-Bound Voyager

I happen to enjoy reading things off my computer without having to use sunglasses. Old theme is much better. also portrays the game better.

10. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

^ exactly, Starbound as a game has a spectrum of dark, enjoyable colours (even in bright planets) and having a white forum is a bit of uhh... a huge contrast that does justice to none

11. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

Wayyy too bright for me. Sticking with original until the darker version comes out.

12. someguy9880

someguy9880 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the new layout, but not necessarily its colour scheme. Instead of being so bright, maybe it could be in different colour styles we could choose, such as this one, neon blue and black and a red theme.

Datcrazyguy likes this.
  13. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Can confirm i am blinded by the light

14. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

The new one looked nice but for some reason I can't quite explain I found it hard on the eyes. I don't usually have issues with mostly white pages since Facebook and Twitter are ok with me but this one was difficult for me to read.....again not exactly sure why. I think it had something to do with individual post borders not being distinct enough and blending with the background too much. So I had to revert it back to the old style. I hope you guys at CF take no offense, I still love all the amazing things you guys are doing with the game and very much look forward to 1.0 and beyond.

Luna likes this.
  15. agmoyer

agmoyer Cosmic Narwhal

I love it and all but damn it did nearly blind me when I went to check for any new notifications.

(Edit) People say it is "too bright" Have you really never been told to not look at a screen with the lights off? I was raised on it so this doesn't bother me just caught me off guard.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Lava Cake and mollygos like this.
  16. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

My issue is not brightness.......I am used to staring at 95% white pages.....it's the formatting that makes it hard to read.

Luna likes this.
  17. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

There should be a black text on even blacker background - everything must be black!
    Join the the dark side.

DeadlyLuvdisc, Shaadaris and Luna like this.
  18. TheWorstPersonEver

TheWorstPersonEver Cosmic Narwhal

I imagine myself waking up, then going on the forums and it is too 2bright4me

so, old one
    for now

I agree with that, and it sort of portrays the game's sci-fi feel. the new one just makes it feel like it is for a different game, in my opinion..

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Lava Cake and Corraidhín like this.
  19. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Though the design may feel compact - the advantage is it also is a bit more mobile friendly when compared to the older theme.

Luna likes this.
  20. Tsal

Tsal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The new theme was as generic as a cheap message board.

I changed it back to the old yet far superior theme immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.