1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Stars My Destination - Sword and Spells 0.2.5c & 0.2.6b(NIGHTLY)

A sword you can do Combo, A wand you can do Magic

1. hythl0day

hythl0day Subatomic Cosmonaut

hythl0day submitted a new mod:

The Stars My Destination - A sword with 4 basic move and 6 combo finisher.

Read more about this mod...

2. hythl0day

3. hythl0day

4. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm having trouble using this on GG. Nothing is showing on the Gateway regarding your mod, and I can't use /spawnitem tsmd_thesword_t6 to spawn anything, only a PGI.

5. hythl0day

pls make sure you pick the right modpak for your version(filename starting "stable"), you only need one modpak
    and if you are sure it is the mod's problem, pls paste your log file(normally in the giraffe_storage folder, if problem happened in your very last game, the log.1 file) here so I could diagnos

6. hythl0day

7. adimetro11

adimetro11 Spaceman Spiff

Hey, do you have any plans to implement something like this for other weapon types? Maybe even guns? One that affects randomly generated weapons?

8. Sajjed

Sajjed Void-Bound Voyager

One suggestion I have (if it's possible and if you want), is whether you could make a sword backpack (So kind of like this [​IMG])

Notice in the image how the spear appears as if the character has holstered it but in fact it is just a smart trick (as the weapon is in fact disguised to look like a backpack :D).

Then we can live our dream as a true hermit SwordMaster.

9. hythl0day

I have plans for other weapon type, but I think make all weapon have the same "combo system" is unnecessary, I prefer every kind have its unique style: for example, when you use dagger, you can choose to stealth and backstab, something like that, and plus if that's possible to be accomplished by LUA.
    And, I don't want to modify vanilla game content, that's a LOT to change and affect the compatibility.[DOUBLEPOST=1451006797][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's a good idea. I'll add that to my to-do list.

Sajjed likes this.
  10. MrMauriXz

MrMauriXz Space Spelunker

Hi, i wanted to ask something, everytime i quit the game and then i enter the game the elemental type of the sword changes, is that normal?

11. Wow_Space

Wow_Space Void-Bound Voyager

I recommend you mostly keep the damage the same rather than increasing by tier. We already have armor to increase damage and having too much power just makes it overpowered and stale.

12. hythl0day

13. adimetro11

Nice job on the update! it gives Manipulator Chars some much-needed weps.

14. Wow_Space

Very nice update :), this mod is reaching way over my expectations.

Here's my O2 on the weapons though. For the scroll spells, none of them should a quantitative item but rather a permanent one. The idea of consumable scrolls amount is a bad one and unnecessary since it takes up energy already. The wand should also consume some energy. The new swords are great, I really like increasing speeds for tiers. There are however so many bugs for swords though (which is ok, this isn't in 1.0), some of the sword attacks won't hit the enemies because the timeout in which the attacks will do damage again for the swords is too long. Also your "damageSourceKind" for some finishers are screwed up and will result in a crash trying to attack monsters with them.

Lastly, grammatically speaking, "The Stars My Destination" doesn't really work. It should be "The Stars, my Destination" but that depends on you.

Either way, this is one my favorite mods so far already and I'll think I'll be following it for quite some time :)

15. hythl0day

Thank you ...

In fact, I still don't fully understand what do some of the config parameters actually do in game.
    So they turned into a mess when I'm testing and learning.
    I'll fix them(change them all to Broadsword) rightaway.

About scroll's consumability. I'll make a new Item type that will stay after you conjure a spell.

And I'm still thinking about the energy system in vanilla game. I have an Idea, to turn off it's auto re-fill function when you equip the mod weapon, and you can restore energy by normal attack, and you consume energy when you do spells and combo finishers. But it's still in brainstorming stage.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  16. hythl0day

hythl0day updated The Stars, My Destination - Sword and Spells with a new update entry:

Fixed some Sword bugs, hopefully

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1451402079][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The name is from a very famous Sci-Fi novel half-century ago, I checked on wiki the title is just the way it is the original author wrote it.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stars_My_Destination

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  17. Wow_Space

Oh, this was a reference; how neat.

I really like the sound of this. attacking enemies giving back energy seems like a good system, except "turn off it's auto re-fill function". This part is unnecessary as we already have to wait for it to recharge anyway.

18. adimetro11

so what's next? what's your plans for this mod?

19. hythl0day

I already said on the Main page:

In the end, I want to have 4 classes, and they have totally different styles:

Swordmaster: use broadsword, with combo finisher
    Mage: use spell, wand, staff, orb and potions and other things related to wizardry.
    Assasin: use sniper and dagger, have a tech to become stealth(invisible), and will "instantly kill" anything if successfully do a headshot or backstab, and can craft traps.
    Monk: use no weapon, wear no armor, fight with your bare hands, like in fight game, you input things like ←↓→+punch, and you would get a unique move, etc.

And besides the combat stuff. I also want to tell a story about those characters. But that would be in a very late stage of this mod.

20. Wow_Space

For the "sword".activeitem, you would want to put "fireTime" to 0.1 if you want every sword hit to be succesful.