1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP A & M's Pet Beds and Bowls+

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Amethystumn, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Amethystumn

Amethystumn Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]

Hi Guys! I just wanted to talk a bit about a mod that Monijir and I are working on. I also wanted to take this opportunity to see how many of you would be interested in this mod as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This mod essentially adds a new crafting station to the game called 'Pet Supplies Crafting Table' where you can craft a wide variety of new pet bowls, houses and beds for your pet, if you love it that much and are sick of just having the one house and bowl, like I am. Here's a preview of the new craft table. I added a new table because I felt that a lot of the stations may already be overcrowded with recipes and thought it would be a lot nicer for you guys, as well as myself, if we all had this new station for crafting pet-related specific items.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I haven't released this mod yet because I'm still adding more beds. I want every bed to be so cool that you all have a hard time picking one. It's a shame that there's only 1 pet bed, 1 bowl and 1 toy to pick out for your pet. If Monijir and I can figure out how to add more interactable toys I will probably implement these and more;

[​IMG]

Thank you for reading, please let me know what you're thinking about the mod!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Sugar-Fable, Yoseiri, Monijir and 2 others like this.
  2. Faeryheart

Faeryheart Weight of the Sky

I really like the idea of this mod! I'd love to make a little cat room for my cat with a big bed, maybe placeable cat towers and scratch posts and toys! That would be lovely :3

3. Amethystumn

I wanted to add things like cat towers and little tunnel things but they would be decorative, I wouldn't know how to begin making a file that tells the game to make the cat dissappear into a tunnel, animate the tunnel and then reappear on the other side kinda thing.

KateisLost and Faeryheart like this.
  4. Amethystumn

[​IMG]

Here are some new toys and decorative furniture I've been working on : )

Faeryheart likes this.
  5. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

i'd like to suggest a standard item naming system -- "pettoy_[item]_[color]" (example "pettoy_mouse_green")
    with an easy to parse standard, i can add compatibility to Gardenbot so they can 'play' with the toys as well. (they already play with the red petball)

also if you need a hand with lua, i'd be happy to help

6. Amethystumn

That's very kind of you to offer me some help, LoPhatKao. Monijir is currently helping me with the LUA so I've got that covered, thanks anyway!

We haven't gotten around to how we're going to code the toys yet, but when we do I'll message you personally so that we can figure out a way to make the mods compatible with eachother.

We use this for the pet beds;

Code:
      ],
      "petBed" : true,
      "petPosition" : [4,20]
    }
    We've also made alterations to the petbehaviour.lua, inspection and sleep action luas which allows the pets to recognise the beds, houses and bowls.

By the way... have you managed to get your pets to play with the ball? I've been trying to get the different starbound pets to play with the red toy ball but they never do. They do everything else though.

7. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

just tried it on my floran test char, snake played with ball after i fed it
    then for giggles i tossed 3 gardeners in room with pet & ball.. hilarious :)
    can see snake chase & hit ball by door..

2016-01-02_01-43-41.gif

8. Amethystumn

Pretty cool, mine never seem to play with it even after I feed them... ah well. How did you make that into an animation?

9. Amethystumn

upload_2016-1-3_0-38-14.png

I'm still working on adding more beds guys, It's half past midnight here though so I'm gonna get some sleep and continue working on it tomorrow. I have to say it's very hard to make something look unique and also part of a set.

Faeryheart likes this.
  10. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

used a screencapture program called ShareX, available free on steam or from their website
    very handy :)

Amethystumn likes this.
  11. Demogarose

Demogarose Subatomic Cosmonaut

this looks sick! can't wait till its released

Amethystumn likes this.
  12. Amethystumn

upload_2016-1-3_16-34-2.png

I hope you guys are patient because I still need some time to figure out how to make the pet toys work as well as make sure that you guys have loads of cool and interesting options for pet beds and houses.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Look @Monijir , I made an animated gif of 2 of our things!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    Monijir, Faeryheart and LoPhatKao like this.
  13. Amethystumn

[​IMG]

Still working hard!

From left to right. Comfy Pet Bed ( Re-designed ) , Giant Flower Pet Bed, Geometric Pet Bed ( Re-designed ), Gothic Pet Bed, Hideaway Petbed, Royal Pet Bed ( Re-designed )

Faeryheart likes this.
  14. Faeryheart

Faeryheart Weight of the Sky

Oh, I love those, especially the gothic bed <3

15. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is awesome ! ! You shouldn't have let me know you can make gifs though, now I'll be hassling you to make some for my other mods :) I'm also glad you used the rainbow bed for this gif because it was the one I was testing with when I was going nuts over the code. The image of a snake sleeping on a bed is now synonymous with victory of the lua API.

Amethystumn likes this.
  16. Amethystumn

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't posted about any progress in a while, I've been a bit busy and really sick >.<! But Monijir and I are still working hard! I'm making toy boxes for you guys! They also function as storage in game.

toyboxpreview.png

I wanted to make it just one box that would be dyable, unfortunately I had trouble and when I asked someone about it they mentioned that dyable objects are not yet part of the game. So these will be individual objects which leads me to another topic I am unsure about. There will be A LOT of items to craft at the one crafting station, would people be happy to just search for what they want to make or would they like me to make more crafting tables? If I make more crafting tables will become a problem because the crafting tables will take up more space?

*UPDATE; I figured out how to make my own categories for the table!

[​IMG]

Here's a gif of our progress with one of the toys to come!

snakeplayingblueurchinb.gif

Thanks for waiting patiently everyone!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    KateisLost and Faeryheart like this.
  17. Amethystumn

This mod has been RELEASED! click here to be redirected!

LoPhatKao and Faeryheart like this.