Adjustable Matter Manipulator Size

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by McMagnus, Jan 5, 2016.

?

Would you like the Matter Manipulator to be adjustable?

1. Yes!

86 vote(s)
    98.9%
  2. No. Leave me alone.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. McMagnus

McMagnus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello,

Title pretty much says it all. Could you implement an option to adjust the size of the matter manipulator mining area? Once upgraded, it's either one block at a time or the current upgraded size. Minor issue, but it would be nice.

Would also be nice to have more upgrades past the current max, but that's another issue...for which I'm about to grab a mod for...

Thanks!

2. Derpislav

Derpislav Big Damn Hero

Could be done by using the mouse wheel or up/down while holding the size change key. Would be a nice addition.

S.A.A. likes this.
  3. Lichen

Lichen Big Damn Hero

Try holding shift while holding the Matter Manipulator
    (i'm using mac but I'm sure the windows version also use the same button)

Mokomishan likes this.
  4. FluffyChicken

FluffyChicken Void-Bound Voyager

pretty sure he means switching between 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4

also, YES PLEASE, it'd be nice for mining so i don't take huge chunks out of the ground, or for taking out a 2x2 area of stone surrounded by stone that takes the same amount of time to mine

S.A.A. likes this.
  5. The_Wanderer

The_Wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

YES PLEASE! I was actually about to make a post about this myself...

6. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

I too wish this feature. It would make building in tight spaces so much easier.

7. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

many have asked about this it makes sense to have

S.A.A. and SssssuperFloran2004 like this.
  8. SolitaryMan

SolitaryMan Space Hobo

I would also like to see this implemented. I also would like to see the size be adjustable down to one square to allow for detailed building without building and then having to trim off the extra blocks. Sure would make building and block placing much easier. ;)

9. SssssuperFloran2004

SssssuperFloran2004 Void-Bound Voyager

I need this in my life! Hate it when I'm removing the hazard blocks from my ship then i break some of the lights. URRRG:nurumad:

10. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

YES PLEASE. It's nice that we can get larger MM area sizes, but it would be nice if the upgrades changed the maximum size, instead of making it the only size other than 1x1 that you can mine out.

11. Tiakatt

Tiakatt Tentacle Wrangler

Yes! I never even take the 5x5 upgrade 'cuz it just ends up entirely too much hassle when trying to build. 1x1 is too slow for many tasks, but the larger sizes often wreck all the things. Would love to be able to choose to use 2x2 or 3x3 as the situation warrants.

12. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

For placing blocks too, I would love flat lines. 4x1 and 1x4

It would be a lot simpler and easier for the digging portion though. I'd expect a rather easy solution available mostly implemented already, we unlock these sizes from the MM upgrade window so just allow us to select the upgrade used like tech upgrades already do. Still though, I really want those 4x1 lines

Jappards likes this.
  13. Sirrobert

Sirrobert Big Damn Hero

14. S.A.A.

S.A.A. Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes please! Starbound's a great game, but it's all the little things that count.

15. Eclipse-the-dragon

Eclipse-the-dragon Zero Gravity Genie

and way to go from Matter Manipulator size 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5 back to 2x2 would be nice. i have 4x4 but need 2x2, and 1x1 takes to long.

16. frenchiveruti

frenchiveruti Intergalactic Tourist

I would love to see this too.