1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Second-U 1.2 Guards! Guards!

The last friend you'll ever need.

1. winterbraid

winterbraid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

winterbraid submitted a new mod:

Second-U - The last friend you'll ever need.

Read more about this mod...

2. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, it's a great idea and I'll be sure give it a try!

One thing though, does it have custom stats or anything that binds the mod to the character? (Aside spawned NPCs)

3. winterbraid

Not sure what you mean by custom stats, but in terms of AI it's just a basic villager. Actually, I forgot to make the clones scale with the ship/threat level, so I should do that in an update some time.

As for binding to character: The station reads the appearance data from whoever presses E on it, so in that way it doesn't "bind" itself to any character. In multiplayer, you can use one station to spawn clones from multiple players. Also, you can spawn one clone, change your clothing, and spawn another clone, and both clones will keep their clothes from when you spawned them.

The clone should remember its appearance across reloads, until it is killed or its spawning station is removed, even if the "parent" player is no longer present in the game. So you can do things like have your friend spawn their clone on your ship in multiplayer, and the clone should stay there and keep its appearance in single-player – of course, as long as you have all the mods from which your friend had items, species, hair etc. at the time.

The only way in which a clone is "bound" to a character is that it remembers its parent's UUID (Unique User ID), so that it may give custom dialog responses when interacted with by the "parent" player. However, it has no other impact on the clone's appearance or functionality.

4. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Custom stats/ hidden stats, they are a great help to some modders but in the downside we can't currently edit them outside the game nor we can wipe them out, so if a mod that applies a hidden stats to a character is deleted the save file points out something that exists, but the game says it doesn't, so there is a conflict and the character cannot be loaded.

Thanks for explaining those details of your mod, by the way.

5. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

this is perfect for the next update now somebody can have an entire crew that have the following members me myself and I

6. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Great mod! Now makes making my house even less lonely. Well aside from the colony i made; now i can make sure part of me is on my ship and the other managing my town.

player-3_o_5644253.gif

7. winterbraid

I see now, and no, this mod doesn't add any custom stats to the player.

8. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

Well this has been useful. Finally I can have a representation of my characters for other characters to meet. Help make things feel more connected. Thanks.

I hope someone takes this idea and finds a way of making tenant duplicates of yourself. Though not a random chance of one as I would prefer something like this to be controlled. More like this where you interact with it and it will spawn a tenant that looks like you.

9. geeman14

geeman14 Space Spelunker

Can you make your clones farm or do other jobs?

10. winterbraid

Currently they use the villager AI, so they can do things that villagers do. Given SB's daunting AI system, I have no intention of writing completely new behaviors.

11. geeman14

geeman14 Space Spelunker

Ok! Thanks.

12. winterbraid

winterbraid updated Second-U with a new update entry:

Version 1.1: Now with colony support!

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. BroScale

BroScale Subatomic Cosmonaut

one of the best mods i saw in a while, can the new coloney deeds behave like different tenants? (guard,mechant,chef etc)
    also, can your second u copy your weapon? even for cosmatics only

14. winterbraid

For now there's only regular "villager" tenants and they don't copy your weapon. However, it should be trivial to implement, since the player's weapon can be read directly from the Lua API (unlike clothes, which have to be guessed). At some point I'll probably make separate deeds for guards and possibly other NPC types, just to avoid the hassle of incorporating the modded deed into the existing colony tag system. However, I also have other mods that I'm working on and also I'm going back to college soon, so updates will likely be slow from now on.

15. Kennethern

Kennethern Phantasmal Quasar

I just want to say, I love your comedy and your mod. Thanks so much! ☺

16. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Now we all need is making it a separate player to swap to and to make it as a team system.
    ^AF9D0C510B101474AE3BE2A3BC3D1F64B360F85DF6E3A1E6B4^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

17. winterbraid

winterbraid updated Second-U with a new update entry:

Version 1.2: Guards! Guards!

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. BroScale

BroScale Subatomic Cosmonaut

i love you

19. Galewolf16

Galewolf16 Aquatic Astronaut

hey is there a specific thing I need to get the mod to work because I can't get clone my character

20. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please update to 1.0, Create a Friend doesn't let us create NPC with this much detail.

saqwerty likes this.