Modding Discussion [Request] Slower Time in the Mines & Bigger Fridge/Storage

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Honeybee, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Honeybee

Honeybee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Time still runs at a normal pace in the Mines. Which I find is incredibly annoying. It only gives you about 4 minuets to mine everything. Especially if you're in the 100+ level of the mine or in the desert mine. Which is why I would love to see a mod made that slows time down while you're in the mine. It would greatly help with mining resources.

I would also find the storage in this game greatly lacking. I shouldn't have to make three chests to store all my stuff nor choose what items I should and/or should not store in my fridge due to the lack of space. That is why I'm requesting a mod for a HM styles refrigerator and a much larger chest storage. It would be nice to have more room.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

I looked into making a bigger fridge a couple days ago. The short of it is that it is treated as a chest in the game, and the size of the chest is hardcoded. We must wait for more advanced APIs (Storm) to do anything with it. As for the slowing of time, see my TimeSpeed mod. It doesn't (yet) allow location-configurable time speeds, but you can slow down time in general.

• TownEater

TownEater Void-Bound Voyager

I have a mod that uses Storm to slow down time in the mines, and pause it if it gets to midnight. I haven't published it yet because Storm doesn't have a binary release yet. I could probably post it anyways, but I'm not sure how much good it would do you

• Honeybee

I would wait until storm comes out before posting it.

• xFishbone

xFishbone Cosmic Narwhal

ill settle for a 2nd fridge we can place in the house...

• TownEater

TownEater Void-Bound Voyager

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

How about bigger storage abilities ? If the fridge can't be changed on its own, perhaps making all chests (including the fridge) able to store more would be enough, wouldn't it ? Would there be a way to do that ?

• Honeybee

Not yet from what I know of. I do wish that there would be a mod for a larger storage though.