REQUEST Watering like a boss

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Mogrus Lucius, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Mogrus Lucius

Mogrus Lucius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So i have this Mod Idea floating around in my head.

You can craft a pump and place it in these little ponds on youre farm.
    Then you can connect pipes to transport the water and then you add a hose what have holes in it and waters one field to the left and right and you can walk on it.
    If you want to connect the hose to a pipe you need some T like thing and these can suck up trash so they will block over night and you have to fix it, by removing the trash. So its not to overpowered.

i would set the requirements to level 10 Farming and Mining, so its more an lategame thing

It will allow you to plant rows of beans and stuff like this.
    What do you think?

izzy82 and ValkyriaRose like this.
    • Hazerofdoom

Hazerofdoom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it's a good idea.
      A mod like this would allow people to have more diverse farming setups - and it would be immensely useful for crops that grow on trellis' such as hops.
      I'm not against having more ways to do a certain action (as in watering crops) and the idea of making it not completely self sustainable via the blocking is nice too.
      It all depends on if a mod creator would be willing to put the time and effort in to add something which can be done (essentially) by other means (rows of sprinklers).

izzy82 likes this.
      • montana123

montana123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is very big work and nearly impossible to create with mods in my opinion. Especially in this state of modding apis we currently got unfortunately

• ValkyriaRose

ValkyriaRose Void-Bound Voyager

Instead of making it such a late game thing, you could use tiers, 3 tiers to be precise, and each tier goes a little farther out in watering in the two directions. IE: Tier 1. 1 block out to either side of the hose. Tier 2. 3 Blocks out. Tier 3. 5 blocks out. With different level requirements to unlock them, like the sprinklers are. To make it less overpowered (since just raising the level requirement on something doesn't necessarily decrease the overpoweredness of something) use a more difficult item requirement than the sprinkler to make sprinkler still a viable cheaper choice. Like Wood for T1/T2 and Hardwood for T3(for the hose tubing since rubber isn't a thing in the game yet), bronze/iron/irdium T1/T2/T3 (for the nozzle), and maple syrup or sap (as the adhesive to hold it all together). Syrup suggested because it is a lot harder to get a large amount of than sap though using sap would take away from fertilizer production making it equally balanced. "Do i make more hoses, or do I fertilize my crops for more profit? hmmmm." This all requires injecting custom sprites into the game(not just replacing) so I think it'd have to wait till Storm updates to handle something like that. Great Idea though!

• Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

Doesnt sound like /that/ much work. But yeah Storm isn't quite there yet... its mostly just 2 items to add and something to do on a dayupdate with them, similar to what sprinklers are doing

• ValkyriaRose

6+ items if you want to do the tier path I suggest. More work but higher quality of a mod. Then there's the setting of the watering behavior, supply usage, setting the pumps to be place-able in the pond water(like crab pots but shifted position) but then figure out how to connect the hose to the pump(I don't think there's any in game objects that actually connect two different equipments yet to base the code off of besides roads and flooring), possibly putting a limitation on how many hoses can be connected to the size of the pond (two ponds one smaller, one bigger. Should have different amounts of water being allowed pumped out without running dry imo.), than there's the whole figuring out how to cause the event of trash getting stuck in the hose to happen and adding the ability to fix it. Storm doesn't have the functions needed for something like this... yet. :D

• Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

I just basically said that storm isn't quite there yet haha. And all that doesn't sound like that extensive a mod to me at least.

• ValkyriaRose

Didn't mean to sound rude or mean :cry: I just type that way when I'm piecing things together in my head.