Farm design and animal death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aganman, Mar 12, 2016.

1. aganman

aganman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi :p
    Here's a sketch of my farm. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything :)?
    https://stardew.info/planner/8a4fa62e-e290-41f3-a60d-f91318c9f280/
    On the bottom, those are just placeholders for Oaks, Maples and Pine Trees.

Also, do animals die? When you right click an animal, it says how old it is. Does that mean they die? Or it's just for show?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Looks like a decent setup for your farm so are you aiming for ranching or crop farming ? or something else ? as for animals so far none of mine have passed so I don't know if they do or not going on three years now for them.

• aganman

Hmm, I'm probably gonna go for a little bit of both I guess. I should expand the crop area to the left up to the middle of the area, once I have Iridium sprinklers. That sounds exhausting to harvest, more than that would be insanity.
        And I already have deluxe barn and coop, I'm probably gonna build only one more of each or else it'd be too many animals to take care of. I don't want to be the world's richest farmer anyway.
        I also wanna make a small orchard with at least one or two of each fruit.
        Wow this gave me some ideas, thanks for making me think haha :D

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Well if you like some freindly advie :p Build brew barrels as soon as you can and invest your orchard into making wines if you need gold :3 And so glad i was able to give you some ideas mwhahaha

• aganman

I can make wine with berries :p
            And I intend to only plant berries from now on. Well, at least 95% of it will be berries

Lanx12 likes this.
            • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Hmmm Your on your way to making a fine winery. Swedican Farms will have to keep an eye on its compeition now in the wine and booze area :lod: I have my eyes on you !!! :p lol

• MiaEmilia

MiaEmilia Subatomic Cosmonaut

• aganman

wowzer! I like what you did with the barns and coops! I guess that's where I'm gonna put mine. But not so many! animals are too much trouble. And I'm also gonna have a lot more crops than that hehe.

Why don't you put your bee houses next to a flower? like really it only takes one single flower for them to produce better honey.

Ooh, and those on the bottom aren't artisans. As I said, they are placeholders for trees :p the planner doesn't have a tree placeable.

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Just chiming in to say on the second question. No animals don't die. They are there for as long as you keep them, or sell them.

aganman likes this.
                  • MiaEmilia

MiaEmilia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah :) That's a good idea! So i can put the bee houses next to the lake down on the farm in a flowerocean <3
                    I only have 4 from each animal, so it takes ingame roundabout 2 hours to care for them :)
                    But I have to build a few more artisans like you ^^