RELEASED Configurable Improved Sprinklers + Scarecrow and Sprinklers area Highlights

This mod allow you to make your sprinklers water in whatever shape you want, and add area highlights

1. OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

This mod improves the existing sprinklers and let you configure them to your liking.

[​IMG]

The config hotkey is "K", you can edit it in your config file. Sadly, there is no way to edit the hotkey in-game (yet).

As for how the mod works: It adds extra watering area to the existing sprinklers, it can't remove watering area from the existing sprinklers though.

The idea for this mod originally was only to improve the normal sprinkler, that is pretty terrible, and for optimal use requires a non-standard farm organization that cause collision issues with the main character.

The 1.x version was rewritten entirely for this 2.0 release, to support future sprinkler mods, UI-based configuration, and other nice features, including autobalance.

Features

• Default sprinkler shapes allow more flexibility in farm layouts.
    • You can use any shape you want, literally.
    • Infinite sprinkler range (requires editing the config file manually though, not recommended).
    • Automatic balancing, sprinkler monetary value, and crafting cost increase as you increase the sprinkler area, ensuring the game stay balanced.
    • You CAN cheat though, in two different ways, but I won't explain how, this is for the more adventurous people to mess with.
    • When placing sprinklers or scarecrows you can a highlight of the area they cover.
    • After pressing a hotkey (default, F3) you can also see highlight of the areas when hovering the cursor over existing sprinklers and scarecrows.

Usage

Press K, edit what you want, and click OK.

Examples of what can be done:

Circle

[​IMG]

Butterfly Shape (like real world sprinklers)

[​IMG]

There is a feature that highlight scarecrow effect area, and sprinkler area, it is always on when you are going to place them, and can be turned on and off for ones that you are only hovering your cursor over them, the default button in the configuration is F3.

[​IMG]

The sprinklers activate at night, like the normal game rules.

Changelog

• Added highlighting to the area of sprinklers and scarecrows.
    • Added grid rendering.
    • Added html readme.
    • Fixed a bug with the configuration key (it was always K even if you edited the config.json)

• Fixed a mistake that made it incompatible with SMAPI 0.39.2

• Updated to SMAPI 0.39.2
    • Added a GUI to configure the sprinklers.
    • Sprinklers now work on all farmable areas, including greenhouses and anything added by mods.

Installing

Just unpack the .zip file in the mods folder.

Uninstalling

Just delete the mod files again.

Credits

Author: MaurĂ­cio Gomes [​IMG]

License

The license of the project is GPL3

Mod source

https://gitlab.com/speeder1/SMAPISprinklerMod

Download link

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/41/?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    • Greenxblack164

Greenxblack164 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

so is the level 1 sprinkler still make the useless t shape? is there a way to at least give it 360 of sprinkler action?

• Budzilla

Budzilla Subatomic Cosmonaut

Any way to make it so they just water in a square, and not with the 4 sides sticking out?

Clovilah likes this.
        • xFishbone

xFishbone Cosmic Narwhal

actually.. for proper balance, having the lv 1 sprinkler just water a line would be really cool.

except you would need 2 different versions, 1 vertical and 1 horizontal so this might be best...

• Anaxagoras

Anaxagoras Void-Bound Voyager

I'd really like the sprinklers to water a circle, kind of like the scarecrow though naturally a lot smaller.

• OrSpeeder

Hello! Found my thread finally! (didn't noticed it had moved o_O I was looking for it in the old forum for a while).

Well, the shape is the cross of the first photo + the original shapes, resulting in the third photo, for those confused :)

Also I updated it to support SMAPI!

SgtPineapple1st likes this.
              • OrSpeeder

Can some moderator put me in the gameplay section? This is not a cheat mod :( I made it to balance the level 1 sprinkler and fix a bug it has (sort of, the collision that is the bug, but level 1 sprinkler force you into the bug)

• SgtPineapple1st

SgtPineapple1st Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't get how this is a "cheat" mod, but good work, m8. Gr8 m8. I r8 8/8.

Drogean likes this.
                  • Anaxagoras

Anaxagoras Void-Bound Voyager

Would you consider making a differently shaped version of your mod?

Like this (quick paint sketch):
                    [​IMG]

• Vitriks

Vitriks Space Spelunker

+1

• Qwynn

Qwynn Industrial Terraformer

I'd love to see this as well.

Drogean likes this.
                        • OrSpeeder

Humm... when I update it (I am quite busy now with contract programming work) I might add the option to have this cheaty (in my opinion) pattern.

Anaxagoras likes this.
                          • Syzxpkq

Syzxpkq And Do the MONKEY!

+1

• OrSpeeder

I updated the mod description, people were understanding it wrong, thinking I changed all sprinklers to be only the cross shape.

• BakuDM

BakuDM Void-Bound Voyager

I must be retarded and can't understand this mod, so I will ask.
                                With this Mod, Sprinkles will only water crops in the Cross shape (first pic) or both Cross and Square shapes like the second pic?

@Edit

wow, nevermind, you just answered my question at same time I asked it. lol

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
                                • Dilwoah

Dilwoah Void-Bound Voyager

Would like to see the square version as well, doesn't really make much sense to have sprinklers that don't spin.

• OrSpeeder

The problem is that this would make sprinklers extremely OP, unless I only improved the first one, then the second become useless instead :/

• clanf

clanf Big Damn Hero

it's already in cheat section, and it's already a cheat, since you upped tiles watered by sprinkles without other changes to balance it
                                      i for example just don't see point in current version of the mod, besides making rows of sprinkles to water large plots, which is just terrifyingly ineffective use of sprinkles and farm space, increased squared version will be so much more useful
                                      if you still worried about cheatiness (is it a word?) - just increase build cost for them

• Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Use quality sprinklers >.>