1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Resolved Stardew Valley Mod Repository like Starbound's

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by Mackinz, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

2. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

3. Zoomah

Zoomah Big Damn Hero

Well... no. I personally don't like the mixed Mod repository. Would be good if Stardew Valley gets its very own section. Not sure how much work that is, tho.

DatYandereGirl likes this.
  4. Zoomah

Zoomah Big Damn Hero

Just to underline my point:
    Thats what you get when you hit the "MODS" button in the top navigation, and the Listing shows actually a mix of both, which is horrible

[​IMG]

Right now there are just 2, but a constant mix will be a hell of a mess later....

DatYandereGirl likes this.
  5. DatYandereGirl

DatYandereGirl Big Damn Hero

I gotta agree as a Stardew Valley player here. We do need our own section so we don't confuse Starbound players who may wanna add a mod or two to their game. We do have a Nexus as a third party site, but one on Chucklefish would be lovely.

6. I made the "Mods" link in the Stardew Valley forum section lead you to that category. We could probably do the same on the forum index for Starbound mods, but the forum index is meant to be the "Chucklefish Forums" index, not necessarily Starbound. I don't believe the addon we use allows for completely separate repositories, but we could probably do something like have both "Starbound Mods" and "Stardew Valley Mods" links on the forum index. It may have to be under a drop-down to avoid cluttering the top bar as more games Chucklefish publishes get their own mod repositories, though.

7. Lichen

Lichen Big Damn Hero

Holy hell! i think I'm a literal idiot here. Why?
    Because i've just spent half an hour trying to install a mod
    Only to realise that it is made for stardew valley.

Is there like at least a disclaimer to set on which mod am i looking at. I mean starbound also has a farming, construction, and NPC
    At least make another mod selection to split between starbound and stardew

8. Zoomah

Zoomah Big Damn Hero

It won't be better with even more games with mod support on this page, try to find a way to seperate the mod repositories completely please. And its not just for Starbound players, but also for the players of the other games.

9. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Stardew Valley has its own mod section already:
    Screenshot from 2016-03-14 16:56:11.png

Make sure you're in the right section. If you see a mod in the wrong section, report it and we'll move it to the right one.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2016
  10. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

This thread was originally posted over a week ago, and, at that time, there was no Stardew Valley mod section. However, there was a Stardew Valley mod accidentally uploaded to the Starbound repository, forcing me to create this post requesting a Stardew Valley repository. 3~4 days later, Afterscore posted here and linked the new repository. Threads pretty much resolved, aside from minor issues like being redirected to the default mods page when browsing a Starbound subforum.

11. Dunto

Dunto Guest

That post was more in reply to:
    Which was made about 12 hours ago. I should've quoted them earlier to avoid confusion. :p

12. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

I came to make a similar request because sometimes I think there's new cool mods out for Starbound when they're in fact for Stardew Valley.
    I do click on Starbound most of the time but I guess I'm just used to it being "community.playstarbound.com" that I forget it's used for all of Chucklefish games.

13. Dunto

Dunto Guest

This issue was resolved a while back, as indicated in the responses.

Closing.