REQUEST Add Robin's dialogue about Seb's ashtray back into the game

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Meevers, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just noticed that whenever I speak to Robin I do not get the dialogue anymore where she mentions Sebastian's ashtray smelling funny. Instead you just get the second half that says something along the lines of 'I'd talk to him about it but he never opens up to me' which literally makes no sense to open a conversation with (like you don't even tell me who you're talking about or what).

Not only was the bong removed in the patch, but the start of this dialogue seems to have also been removed. I'd like it back if possible. <3

• Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

I second this. It was part of seb's lifestyle (and probably a means to calm him). I remember a thread wanting the bong gone which I found funny. Anyway, I miss the bong he can't even use in my house most.

tgywal likes this.
      • Meevers

Yeah. I mean there's already a mod to put the bong back. But honestly Robin starting a conversation with 'I'd talk to him about it but he never opens up to me' and then not elaborating at all is just really jarring. Especially when I know that she used to talk about Seb's ashtray before she would even say that part of the dialogue.

tgywal likes this.
        • endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's that mod that brings it back. I don't know if it brings the dialogue back though.

• Meevers

Nah it doesn't. I have that mod. There's no mods to bring back the dialogue right now.

• BunnyBuns

BunnyBuns Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'll try my hand at it!

Meevers likes this.
              • BunnyBuns

BunnyBuns Subatomic Cosmonaut

I do no know if my star dew didn't update or something but I looked at robins dialogue and its still there o~o

Fri4: "#$1 RobinSeb#I found an ashtray in Sebastian's room, and it smelled really weird. Should I be worried about this?

• Alisonder

Alisonder Space Hobo

I'd like to see this put back in as well please :)

• Meevers

It's possible it'll still be in the code or in the game files. But it doesn't show up in game anymore. You only get the second half of that dialogue now. I've had Robin only say the second half of the dialogue to me multiple times now, it's a little annoying!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
                    • Canti-sama

Canti-sama Void-Bound Voyager

That dialogue line is still available in the game, as I just saw it while playing today. Personally I've been having some other dialogue/friendship events not playing right, but I think that may be because of using cheaty-ness on this playthrough, not a problem with the game directly.

• Meevers

Really? The first part literally never triggers for me anymore. I only get the 'I'd talk to him about it' part since the patch that edits the bong. I'm not using any mods aside from aesthetic mods. Nothing that edits dialogue or adds anything new to the game. I'm really curious to know if anyone else is having a similar issue.

• GreaterPorpoise

GreaterPorpoise Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same issue! I never noticed the bong and I didn't actually remember/know about the first part so I was wondering what Robin was talking about. Could this be related to the issue where dialog doesn't show up at all sometimes after clicking a villager with a speech bubble?

• M.Car

M.Car Space Penguin Leader

i have this happen when I give villagers gifts sometimes. Gotta talk to them again to ask them what they thought of the gift.