Other Any fanfiction writers/readers?

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by crabrangoony, Mar 14, 2016.

1. crabrangoony

crabrangoony Orbital Explorer

I started working on an SDV fanfiction earlier and I have only seen one or two around. Is anyone else working on anything?

I'm open to sharing if anyone would like to read what I have so far.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

I've got my fan fic that I'm adding chapters. I'm happy to see more people starting to open up to sharing their Fanfiction side on here I'm looking forward to reading what you got :D

• Disiesel

Disiesel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm currently working on my first small fan fiction for this. It's pretty much a letter I write to mum every week with the events that happened that week. So for the first week it'll be about exploring the town and the people. A funny comment about how Major Lewis still has that mustache after mum hasn't seen him for a long time. How I had my first harvest of parsnips, which people I interacted with that week. I'm currently on my second draft of the first week and I hope to finish it by Wednesday :)

treebyriver and DatRaph like this.
        • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Working on a M!PC/Shane one because I am a lovestruck idiot, apparently. Not sure if I'll actually post it anywhere though, lol.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
          • Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

Unfortunately, I have the creative writing chops of a sponge. And not the oceanic animal kind of sponge. The inanimate dish-cleaning kind.

Once busy season at work is over for me, though, I think I might do something like a "gameplay journal/diary" with a new game, to show my farm's progression over time. Something like weekly screenshots of the whole farm, and a summary of noteworthy developments (people befriended, mine levels reached, equipment upgraded, crops farmered, etc.). Nothing fictiony, just a little "progress log."

treebyriver and DatRaph like this.
            • InvaderRoxas

InvaderRoxas Industrial Terraformer

Was hoping to find others who were thinking in the fanfiction lane! Just got an interesting idea for a fanfic last night, and plan on posting it around once I get a couple of chapters finished. Never wrote a fanfic before, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

treebyriver and Lanx12 like this.
              • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Don't feel bad this actually my first fan fic I ever poster in public. Just waiting on some poll results to continue the story and welcome to the writers corner :D

treebyriver and InvaderRoxas like this.
                • InvaderRoxas

Wow! That's really awesome that you've got the guts to be the first one to go out there and post it--meanwhile I'm all looking for others that are doing the same for reassurance. :boo: I'm such a scaredy-cat, but anyways, I definitely have to read yours!

treebyriver likes this.
                  • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Another possible fabric poster, though I'll wait until it is either finished or I have at least a thousand words before I consider posting. Would probably like someone to beta it for me, but if the writing community stays small, that may be unlikely.. Though I am willing to offer my services as a beta myself, as long as anyone who would want me to doesn't mind delays due to health issues.

And yes being the first to post is very bold. People usually never want to go first. xD

treebyriver likes this.
                    • InvaderRoxas

I'd be willing to beta test! Been fleshing my story out the more that I think about it, so looks like I'm here for the long-run.

treebyriver likes this.
                      • Disiesel

Disiesel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you need another beta-reader I can help out. Though I can be quite direct and a bit blunt in my feedback... Then again I always tend to be like that with good intentions in the end :p.

treebyriver and InvaderRoxas like this.
                        • InvaderRoxas

I'd love to have a beta reader or two for my story--and like I said I'd be happy to return the favor if desired! How is everyone coming along with their work? Just started today with a Prologue that I hope to finish by tonight....? :rofl: Then again, procrastination and I go hand in hand.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Writing scenes as they come to mind, (and I'm not too tired to type without sounding drunk) for the moment, then gonna try to assemble it. Or may make amrough time line and fit what I have done already onto it. So not the fastest going thing.

treebyriver likes this.
                            • InvaderRoxas

Well that's good! I tend to have a hard time planning things out, and just run with whatever I've got to start off with. Not always the best plan, but I'm challenging myself to actually plan something this time around.

treebyriver likes this.
                              • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Good gravy things are spicing up I'm glad to see that we do have a writers group here finally And to point out somethings to you InvaderRoxas. Don't worry about the fear of rejection or worry if your fan fic is good enough. If your happy with it post it and remember when someone bad mouths your work just take it as a way to improve upon your next story :D Also I wouldn't mind reading your work :3

treebyriver likes this.
                                • Oatmeal Raisin

Oatmeal Raisin Void-Bound Voyager

I've had snippets of a Penny fic roll around in my head but it does centre around the relationship between her and my own player character so I don't think I would ever post it

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Why not? That's probably what most of us who do post fics are writing them about. By which I mean, don't let you character/OC being a major part of the fic keep you from posting it, even if you mean a character who isn't the Farmer.

treebyriver likes this.
                                    • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Mmhmm Since Stardew is basicly a Do what ever you want theme game which really opens the cretaive flood gates for fanfics.

treebyriver likes this.
                                      • Zaxaramas

Zaxaramas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had a loose idea of writing a story about the progression of the gameplay and the PC's relationships with the various villagers. Focusing more on the people than the farm, but a just 'going with the flow' story may not be very interesting to read

treebyriver likes this.
                                        • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Depends Going with the flow is usally the best story for me when I'm reading a fic.