1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Ship Boxes Breaking

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Shaadaris, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Alright, not much to say here, but in the latest nightly (March 17) I've taken my ship lights down, placed a row of wooden platforms above the doors in the center room, and filled the space with metal and wooden crates stacked on top of eachother. Standard procedure.

However, it seems when returning to my ship after exploring a planet, some of the top crates (on the layer the lights would have been had I not moved them) break randomly and will either disappear entirely or drop as items. There seems to be no pattern to which ones break or how many, or even if they do, but every time it occurs it's when I'm beaming back up to the ship.

Alas, poor storage!

2. Sean Mirrsen

Sean Mirrsen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's been happening before with crates and loot capsules on planet surfaces. I used to assume it was because they were somehow created in a non-valid area and despawned. Maybe it's related? Does it still happen if you use solid terrain blocks instead of platforms?

3. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

It isn't the crates on the platforms that break. I have two layers of crates, stacked directly on top of eachother.

RRRR
    CCCC
    CCCC
    PPPP
    Like that. (C=Crate, P=Platform, R=Roof of ship)
    The ones on top are the ones that break... And only sometimes.

I've noticed this happening with some genned structures like in the gears underground mini-biome structures with crates stacked. I would imagine it's because the upper crates load before the lower ones, and since the ones they're on aren't loaded they think they're floating mid-air and pop off like they're supposed to in such a case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.