RELEASED 19th Century Elliott (sort of...)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by MessiasMummo, Mar 14, 2016.

1. MessiasMummo

MessiasMummo Void-Bound Voyager

After sinking a whole lot of hours into the game I'm now fairly certain that Elliott is my favourite bachelor (the other ones are too... teenagey for me :p Well except for Harvey), but I still wanted to adjust his appearance a bit.

I changed his haircolour slightly as well as his skintone (so it doesn't look like he has jaundice, also it makes sense since he sometimes says his skin is delicate), then I made some adjustments to his clothing and added some kickass sideburns. As an alternative there's also a version with his hair tied back. The sprites are also edited, so no need to worry about any mismatches there.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

To install replace the files in Stardew Valley install location, make sure to backup the original files first just to be safe as well.

Now with an alternative version with less gravity defying hair! :D
    [​IMG]

Alternatively the file can also be found on Nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/81/?

Credits and thanks to cont_roller for the original mod which this was based on; http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/mod-singles-portraits-beautify.107957/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    • einari

einari Space Spelunker

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I like thisss<3

• GreaterPorpoise

GreaterPorpoise Void-Bound Voyager

Ooo, very nice edits. :) Elliott reminds me of an old favourite character from a history-themed fandom and now with this very fitting mod, I may have to start a new playthrough just to court him... Thank you for sharing!

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also like Elliot a lot. I am having a hard time choosing between him and Harvey. The other canidates are all so young.

He does look rather yellow in the original picture :D One of the things that bugs me about his hair in his original portrait is the gravity-deving bump on the right side. It would be awesome if it were smaller or not there at all. If you're up to it, that is :giggle: I love his new ponytail. I always thought he would look awesome with a ponytail and he really does! Also, apparently his portrait is one pixel off as seen in this thread. Did you tweak that?

Thank you for sharing this. :)

idiotequed likes this.
          • MessiasMummo

Thanks everyone! :)

I edited his hair a little, would this look better? :)
            [​IMG]

Yeah I noticed that bug about his portrait, but honestly it didn't bother me enough to change it, since it is just one pixel difference... :D Buuut if more people request that I fix it then I suppose I could take care of it.

idiotequed likes this.
            • endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hehe. I love the tone of your response about the pixel. I personally never would have known it was a pixel off if not for that edit thread. And I was using that file for a while because I did not find another Elliot portrait I liked better than the original until I stumbled upon cont_rolle's no-bump alternate version. And it is a very nice version but I love this one! :love: His ponytail is awesome with its matching green band and his hair looks so much more natural without the bump. Thank you, it's perfect! You are amazing! ::A thousand hugs!:: :giggle:<3 Your first version is very good but I know which one is my personal favorite ;)

Now quick! Upload it to Nexus or something so others can fall in love with this version :poke:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
                MessiasMummo likes this.
              • MessiasMummo

It's available now, both here and on Nexus. :love:

• idiotequed

idiotequed Aquatic Astronaut

Oh wow, I really love this. He looks GREAT with his hair pulled back and corrected skin tone.

• MessiasMummo

Thank you! Glad you like it :D

idiotequed likes this.
                    • pigeonsmall

pigeonsmall Orbital Explorer

the sideburns do a lot to improve him.

• sivolobwho

sivolobwho Phantasmal Quasar

The ponytail.... be still my beating heart!

• pigeonsmall

pigeonsmall Orbital Explorer

Ponytails make everything look better.

• MessiasMummo

Yesh, sideburns are awfully underrated... ;)

I figured he would look good with his hair tied, I'm glad to see people agree with me on that. :laugh: