Other Any fanfiction writers/readers?

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by crabrangoony, Mar 14, 2016.

1. InvaderRoxas

InvaderRoxas Industrial Terraformer

@Lanx12 :) This morning I was able to catch up with reading your fanfic and I really love it! Can't wait to see another chapter :3

@Xireni Haha, yeah-I'd recommend staying with SDV for now. It's much more relaxing (unless you're me who forgot to stock up on hay for the Winter and can't find Marnie to buy some hay for her cows to save her life :lod:). And that can be a good tactic depending on how much procrastination loves to lean on your shoulder (I swear, it follows me everywhere)--I might do that every once in a while for practice, as it can really help get the writing gears turning if you're stuck on another chapter. (Cool! Just let me know what your username is when you grab an account, and I'll go ahead and give you a follow! :DD)
    That's great! Really excited to see your work!

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Gahhhh Procrastination has been stalking me I should of had half of the next chapter done -cries- must find motivation

• Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

Don't look for motivation to write, let it find you instead :)

treebyriver, Xireni and InvaderRoxas like this.
        • InvaderRoxas

@Lanx12 I definitely agree w/ @Satashi26 ! Don't be too rushed to find motivation to write another chapter--it's always good to take a break from writing every once in a while! If you still want to work on some aspect of it, I recommend outlining your story. It's a much more calming process I find!

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

True on that the biggest issue most writers face is rushing. I perfer to take my time but I also enjoy wathcing people enjoy what I write it's like I'm sharing my happiness with all of you. At least thats how I feel. So luckly I've got two other ficitons i'm working on and there helping spur creation for the fanfic. By the way @Stashi26 and @InvaderRoxas I love your stories so far I'm just getting excitied waiting for the next chapters <3

InvaderRoxas likes this.
            • Satashi26

@InvaderRoxas where can I read your fic? Been looking through the forums here and can't seem to find it D:

@Lanx12 yay, I'm glad you like it! It's going to be more romance focused in a bit <3 Just setting the stage

Lanx12 likes this.
              • InvaderRoxas

@Lanx12 I tooooootally understand that feeling! That and the wonderful support & ideas I'm getting from this forum are really what are keeping me going. Without talking about writing like this, I always don't have as much as an urge to write! :facepalm: Wish I could have the determination all of the time, but I don't think that's how hobbies are supposed to work :rofl:

@Satashi26 I haven't gotten to posting it on the forum (actually should go about doing that now...:badpokerface:), but it's on Wattpad! Here's a direct link to the story on my account: https://www.wattpad.com/story/66027543-choice-of-roots-stardew-valley-fanfiction
                I'll get around to posting the two parts on the forum here momentarily for ease of access as well.

Satashi26 likes this.
                • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

And you tease me by adding my one of my favorite Categories... Ahh romance...

@InvaderRoxas It also helps having friends with the same hobby to bounce ideas off of and to help brain storm :D

• InvaderRoxas

@Lanx12 Totally! :3 A lot of my other pals don't really get the whole writing scene, so it's been really great to have some people to talk to! :)

treebyriver and Satashi26 like this.
                    • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

eh feel free to ever shoot me a line i'm always willing and able to help. X3

InvaderRoxas likes this.
                      • Satashi26

@InvaderRoxas Read your chapters today. Your writing is really good, and you have a good choice of words. I couldn't fully enjoy it, though. The main character seems to be... suffering from depression for lack of a better term. Is that going to be the standard emotion from them? It just hits a little close to home for me as I had friends who struggled with that. It's nothing against your writing, just curious as your choice for personality of main character.

InvaderRoxas likes this.
                        • InvaderRoxas

@Satashi26 Well thank you for reading it! But in a shortened sense-yes. Since the protagonist has had mostly an unexciting & dim life up to this point, and the fact that her mother passed 2 weeks prior, you could say that they are indeed hitting a low point. The story is going to touch on the theme that things can get better if you stick them out every now and again. For now, things aren't going to be so happy go lucky (though upcoming chapters are going to be a bit brighter as I introduce major characters). All in all, I'm aiming for a character that at first, has a bit of a flawed outlook on the atmosphere around her. :)

Satashi26 and Lanx12 like this.
                          • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

@InvaderRoxas I kinda had a feeling about that. Hence why I like it. Your at the lowest point in your life -been there done that- things suck and your trying and trying but nothin happens suddenly BAM ! WHAM! A little good happens. Then SHZAMA ! KABLAM! Some more good happens and that mountain you were looking at suddenly is now starting to seem more and more like a simple little hill.
                            I can't wait for the next chapter.

InvaderRoxas likes this.
                            • InvaderRoxas

Thank you! :DD To be completely honest, I'm far better at writing sad stories than I am positive. Or maybe in different terms, more realistic than optimistic (even if I'm oddly the opposite in personality). Not really sure why that is? I suppose everyone has their own way of going about giving tone to their story, and it just has to do with the author's style.

Lanx12 likes this.
                              • Satashi26

And each author having their own style really helps keep things interesting! I'll give your fic another chance once another chapter comes out :)

[EDIT] Chapter 4 is up on my fic! Introduced a tiny but of friendship gain with Leah!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
                                • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

So I got up this morning thinking today's the day I'm gonna give it my all..well maybe tomorrow I'll stop being lazy and work on a new chapter. Point is ever have these kind of days ?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Been slow for me because first I was sick, then two of our dogs were exposed to pesticide that didn't wash away because it got trapped in a tarp. They both had periods of hallucinations and the smallest (she only weighs 10 pounds, while the other that got sick weighs 30) had two seizures. They're both fine now, thankfully, but my mother and I were both very occupied taking care of them. The vet wasn't an option because it started happening after he closee for the weekend, and the closest emergency vet was over one hundred miles away from what we determined. Then when the local vet did open, he said he'd basically just do what we were already doing, and that if they weren't having seizures anymore, it would be better to just keep an eye on them since the stress of a visit could cause them. Very damned if you do damned if you don't situation. Still, they are better now, and I was more than happy to spend time caring for them if it meant they felt better and recovered, but it did mean I didn't want to get caught up in writing while they were sick.

Outside of that, I did manage to get some planning done before all of that happened, and it seems like while the PoV is still 3rd limited person, it may be an alternating between characters.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Glad to hear the pups we'll be okay but yea pets and family befor writing.

treebyriver likes this.
                                      • DatRaph

DatRaph Big Damn Hero

I really liked that idea, looking foward to reading it.

• InvaderRoxas

@Ghostly Fox Yeah, really glad the pups are going to be alright. Family health always comes first before hobbies and whatnot! <3