RELEASED Ragnarok Online Soundtrack Replacement

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Haend, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

[​IMG]
    Ragnarok Online Soundtrack Replacement

UPDATE

It seems that many people are experiencing crashes related to the filesize. Since I put three songs in one file it is pretty hard to lower the filesize without reducing the quality of the soundtracks (Which I'm sure no one wants). I will be adding two songs version later, but for now I've put Version 1 link for anyone who uses mod and experienced crashes on Version 2. Sorry everyone!

*UPDATE! 23/3/2016*

Reworked on how the soundtrack plays. Now all seasonal soundtracks have three songs within one file, and thus will produce a much longer play and lessen the silence. Each of three soundtracks on each season have the same soundtracks, but put in different order so you'll still wake up with different soundtracks each day. More on Update 2 button below.

What is this about?

Replaces the soundtrack of Stardew Valley with Ragnarok Online, The best MMORPG in the whole world (I think). This project is originally created for my personal use, but after seeing so many of my friends wanting this done to their game as well I decided to upload it. So enjoy!

The way I worked on this project is by putting a theme on each "categories" i.e. making winter feels christmasy, etc. There might still be few bugs and missed soundtrack replacements here and there, so please report it when you spot one.

Download this if you don't use any other mods (Update 2)
    Use this link if you use mods! (Update 1)

Just download and move the Wave Bank file to your XACT folder (Default installation folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\XACT). PLEASE create a backup of your original file (I personally just rename the original to Wave Bank Original) first before proceeding!

• Reworked all seasonal soundtracks to have three soundtracks on each file to lessen the silence when working on the field or fishing.
    • Replaced the wind howling sound on each cave "type". Check the Cavern button below for more detail.
    • Increased the quality of some of the soundtracks (I accidentally converted few soundtracks to low bitrate on the last update).

• Basically reworked everything from scratch as there are quite a lot of unintended replacements and wrong soundtracks being replaced.
    • Replaced all seasonal soundtracks.
    • Replaced all cave soundtracks.
    • Replaced beach soundtracks.
    • Replaced desert soundtracks.
    Will be replacing the howling wind sound on the cave ASAP. Also forgot to replace the soundtrack at night.

If you're wondering, here are the list of soundtracks that I've replaced.

Spring's theme is "Peaceful". I'm trying to put mellow and peaceful soundtracks that should make you feel at home!
    • Spring (It's A Big World Outside) -> Theme of Prontera
    • Spring (The Valley Comes Alive) -> Theme of Aldebaran
    • Spring (Wild Horseradish Jam) -> Good Morning

Summer's theme is "Cheerful". Meant to keep you on high spirit and always happy while tilling your land under the hot sun!
    • Summer (Nature's Crescendo) -> Yuna Song
    • Summer (The Sun Can Bend An Orange Sky) -> Mucho Gusto
    • Summer (Tropicana) -> Adios

Fall's theme is "Ethnic". I find the blowing leaves reminding me of the wonderful Japan somehow!
    • Fall (The Smell of Mushroom) -> Purity of Your Smile (Theme of Amatsu)
    • Fall (Ghost Synth) -> Not so Far Away (Theme of Gonryun)
    • Fall (Raven's Descent) -> Theme of Payon

Winter's theme is "Christmas". I don't think I need to explain it further right? :p
    • Winter (Nocturne of Ice) -> White Christmas
    • Winter (The Wind Can be Still) -> Snow in My Heart (Theme of Lutie)
    • Winter (Ancient) -> Silver Bell

I separated each cavern region thematically, but all of them are meant to keep you pumped and ready while mining and slaying those monsters!
    • Howling Wind A (Copper Area) -> Watery Grave
    • Howling Wind B (Iron Area) -> We Have Lee But You Don't Have
    • Howling Wind C (Gold Area) -> Into The Abyss
    • Mines (Crystal Bells) -> Rose of Sharon
    • Mines (A Flicker in The Deep) -> Welcome Mr. Hwang
    • Mines (Star Lumpy) -> Ancient Groover
    • Mines (Cloth) -> Yetit Petit
    • Mines (Marimba of Frozen Bone) -> Don't Cry, Baby
    • Mines (Visitor to The Unknown) -> Come on My Deer!!
    • Mines (Magical Shoes) -> Dancing Christmas in The 13th Month
    • Mines (The Lava Dwellers) -> Rag All Night Long

These are collections of soundtracks that don't fit into other categories such as main menu and cutscenes.
    • Stardew Valley Overture -> Tread on The Ground
    • Country Shop -> Alpen Rose
    • Library and Museum -> Splendide Dreams
    • The Stardrop Saloon -> AbSolitude
    • Pelican Town -> One Step Closer
    • Distant Banjo -> You're in Ruins
    • Cloud Country -> One Fine Day
    • Load Game Theme -> Title
    • Marlon's Theme-> Marshmallow Waltz
    • Calico Desert -> Theme of Morroc

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these songs. These are songs made for Ragnarok Online by SoundTeMP.

Credits:
    • Thanks to @Drogean for providing awesome tutorial and very useful program for this project
    • Thanks to Gravity and SoundTeMP for the awesome soundtracks!
    • Thanks to ConcernedApe and Chucklefish for the awesome Stardew Valley!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    • Amando

Amando Void-Bound Voyager

omfg THX:nurutease:

• FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

:eek:

oh god

oh no

I can't do this

my best friend and I sat at my computer taking turns playing this game litearly all day every weekend and half the week during the summer one year. This music gives me the kind of nostalgia that is so strong that it is PAINFUL. I love it, I adore it, I want it, but it's... oh man. I don't know if I can handle this. :nope:

• Dasura

Dasura Intergalactic Tourist

Fantastic! soundTeMP will forever be number one in my heart. If you ever want alternate version of RO music like piano/metal/etc. or the official CD content for use in something like this, I can hook you up.

• Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

Glad you guys are enjoying it!

@Dasura Worth checking out, send me a link by message? Thanks!
            @FinalMantasyX and @Amando There's actually quite few errors and unintended music replacements happening on the current version. Try going inside a cave and wait till you get the "Bat Ambush" mode. The music that play is.... unexpected.

Working on a fix atm!

• Amando

Can you change song in desert map and skullcave to Theme Of Morroc ?

it will be perfect :lickitung:

• Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

@Amando The thing is I haven't unlocked the desert map yet in the game. Can you perhaps tell me the name of the song instead? It should pop up in Jukebox menu inside the Saloon.

• Amando

it is "Calico Desert" sir oh on you must change the winter season too it like all season have on sound yet :3
                  you must add four sound for four season not use one sound for all :nope:
                  Sorry to ask for more Take care.:oops:

• Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

@Amando Yeah, I'm working on it atm.

Please be patient! :D

Amando likes this.
                    • Amando

I hope this video will help you work more easily <3<3<3

all music name in description :nurukappa:

Haend likes this.
                      • Sharkivore

Sharkivore Astral Cartographer

I cant do this. I will literally cry whenever I play.

• aracco

aracco Void-Bound Voyager

This is fabulous~

Best mod. Thank you so much <3

• Amando

did you add Theme Of Morroc ?:D
                            can you create note update like that? please:cry:
                            1/5/20**
                            update music for
                            - city
                            - cave
                            - duck

<3

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
                            • Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

@Amando Please be patient, I'm working on it atm. Sadly it's pretty tough because the song are all named by ID in the game files, and thus I'll have to play every single song and compare it to the in-game music to find out which one is which. It should be up within... Not sure, probably in 2 hours or so? Just wish me luck k? ;)

Amando likes this.
                              • Amando

K :lickitung:

• masalone01

masalone01 Seal Broken

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

I am not using it for modding but....I am definitely interested.

.__.

Either way, thank you! I'm grievously tempted to download it..but I also like the original soundtrack. Can I have a merged soundtrack?
                                  HMM.

• Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

The first update is out. Enjoy! Do tell if you find any bugs. I didn't have enough time to test it thoroughly.

@Trifoilum While it is possible, it would be rather.. unconventional. Also the file size will bloat pretty badly I believe. I think the best we can do is just wait until the mod tools are further expanded. At any case, enjoy!

@masalone01 I've added Theme of Lutie to Winter's playlist. Enjoy!

@Amando I've replaced Calico Desert with Theme of Morroc. Enjoy!

Amando likes this.
                                    • joprinz

joprinz Master Chief

First of all, thank you very much for making this, Haend. :nod:

Second of all, would you please put/replace this in one of the songs in Winter?
                                      It's the "Jingle Bell on Ragnarok" :poke:

Because, as you said, Winter's theme is "Christmas", and it wouldn't be much of a Christmas if we don't have the awesome Jingle Bells with all the fun times back in the Toy Factory. :party: I strongly believe that this song would keep Winter from being too slow and boring to play. <3

• Haend

Haend Tentacle Wrangler

@joprinz Glad you're enjoying it joprinz!

I'll be updating the mod soon, and Jingle Bell on Ragnarok is planned to be used to replace the Christmas festival (25th Winter) instead. Hope you can still enjoy it regardless! Cheers!