WIP MLP NPC retexture mod for Stardew Valley

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Raven Quill, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Raven Quill

Raven Quill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

At the moment i'm working on an anthro pony mod for the game, still working on the textures and will still have to do bugtesting to make sure there isn't clipping on the sprites but so far a lot of the NPC have been done, there is going to be a player retexture with optional downloads for the different races of Earth Pony, Pegasus, Unicorn, Bat Pony, Changeling, and possibly Griffons if I can get them working with minimal problems

Abigail.png Emily.png Dana.png Alex.png

portraits are going to be an absolute pain

• Fallingferret

Fallingferret Void-Bound Voyager

it begins.

goodluck <3

Queen Cassie likes this.
      • Lacunae

Lacunae Void-Bound Voyager

Don't listen to all those neigh-sayers it's actually not bad, I'm actually looking forward to seeing this when it's complete, not just cause ponies but because it's harder then people think to even recolor stuff like this so good job it looks really good.

• MeanieKitty

MeanieKitty Void-Bound Voyager

Amazing work! I'm not a fan of the series but you did extremely well with the re-textures. I hope the portraits don't cause you too much pain, it does seem like they would be difficult. I know many members here will enjoy this mod/retexture.

Although opinions are great and are welcomed, just hating this for no reason isn't very helpful. I dislike Fallout and their community but I'm not going to make them feel bad for liking it. However I will compliment the modders for that game. People like different things, like how I like Harvest Moon but my nephew tells me it isn't a real game. He prefers Call of Duty and is a game he enjoys, I enjoy Harvest Moon. I hate Frozen but my three year old niece loves it, I'm not going to say "No" to her when she wants to watch it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
          • Einwolf

Einwolf Void-Bound Voyager

The sprites look good, but I'd suggest reworking your pallets a bit as currently the colors all kind of run together. The extreme low resolution of the base sprites makes subtle detail much less effective. So in the case of Abby it just renders her as kind of a purple silhouette.

ziddersroofurry likes this.
            • Delsin7

Delsin7 Space Spelunker

This is pretty cool mate! I'll send this to some bronies I know. I think at least one of them also has Stardew hehe. Keep up the good work!

• Raven Quill

thank you for your input, i've been having a bit of a problem coming up with palettes for the NPCs in the first place that don't clash or stray to far from their original style but it tends to be a little hard when they're mostly brown hair people, i'll have to lighten abby's base color and use stronger differences in saturation to make the details stand out more

• Jase_Mercer

Jase_Mercer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not a bad batch of sprites. I'm sure these will appeal to fans with more time and work put into them.

• Seibo

Seibo Void-Bound Voyager

Heh, and here I thought the act of ponyfying everything had died. Still I have to wonder how odd it would be to ride around on your horse.

• Raven Quill

So far I've gotten the earth pony character race and the villagers down to Lewis sprite only, I would appreciate having some help with sprite bug testing when I finish the villager sprites as I'm not exactly done with the game and some things in the sprites I have not seen in game and cannot exactly check until I hit that point

TalviNoita and ziddersroofurry like this.
                      • dugelir

dugelir Poptop Tamer

I'm waiting for AJ and RD as well.

• Ravenmane

Ravenmane Void-Bound Voyager

It continues...
                          in more games...
                          keep up the excellent work!

• sunbean

sunbean Void-Bound Voyager

At first I thought this said "MLG" retexture and got really excited. But alas.

Jokerine likes this.
                            • Arduinna

Arduinna Astral Cartographer

If you still need help, let me know. I would love to do so <3
                              (And ignore the haters please. There can never be to many ponies around :3)

TalviNoita likes this.
                              • Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Anyway, these look adorable!! I love the Pinkiepie, or if it's not Pinkiepie and just a pink looking pony girl, it's super cute.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
                                  ChaosAzeroth and TalviNoita like this.
                                • katkatkat161

katkatkat161 Void-Bound Voyager

I need this to be done, It looks amazing! Pls continue working on it.

TalviNoita likes this.
                                  • DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

I was wondering when we might get the MLP mod. This should be nice.

...We might need a moderator to pop in, though, and take care of the hordes of anti-brony bull crap... Those types of people have a bad tendency of overtaking threads. (Plus, funny as it is to see their anguish, it always seems to be more gripe than actual discussion.)

TalviNoita likes this.
                                    • xolano

xolano Void-Bound Voyager

Give me this mod pleese. :)
                                      "This mod fills you determination"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
                                      • General_Durandal

General_Durandal Big Damn Hero

• _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Sandwich Man

How has an admin not come in and put a stop to these needless insults? Seriously, are you people 5? People like different things, and the sprites are awesome considering how much effort was put into it. It's a simple fix though - Don't come onto a thread with MLP in the title if you don't like it.

That aside, if I was any good at Anthros and Ponies, I'd try to help with portraits, but I haven't even bothered trying to learn yet for my own personal things.. xD I wish you luck, and can't wait to see how a Pony-Elliot will turn out~ I may even use it when it's finished, though I don't think I'd be able to use the race things, since I imagine that would need a mod thingy, and I don't know how to use mods on here yet. Mostly because I am lazy.