RELEASED Black Sheep and Void Sheep

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by serpentwined, Mar 22, 2016.

1. serpentwined

serpentwined Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

• Black sheep replacement (tested in game)- Be sure to make a copy of your old files as a backup!
      [Dropbox link] [Nexus Mods]
    [​IMG]

First animal replacement mod, I made a black sheep with a slightly pink nose and brown eyes to add some more color variant. Also does anyone know where the animal products are located? I would like to recolor the wool to go with this as well.

Soon to come:
    -Various cat and dog mods (zombie, ghost, demon?)
    -Longhorn cows
    -Ducks with hats (crested ducks)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    • serpentwined

I just found a bug, the shadow on the unsheared sheep looks a bit funky, I'll fix that here in a bit.

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

I was looking for that too! I finally found it. It's in the huge sprite list in "springobjects.png" in Maps in your ContentUnpacked folder. It's in the middle under the snow yam. :)

serpentwined likes this.
        • serpentwined

OOH!! I was looking at the wrong springobjects file, the one I found looked like the old sprites. I'll update that soon then. Thanks much!

• serpentwined

Okay the sheep shadow is fixed and I added the black wool!

• MeanieKitty

MeanieKitty Void-Bound Voyager

Just wanted to ask if there can be a version with red eyes? If that is troublesome then I could try, if I can have your permission.

• serpentwined

Something like this? It's not hard at all. [​IMG]

• MeanieKitty

Amazing, I love it. <3
                  I'm playing as a witch and I thought it would match her. Also, black and red are my favorite colors.

• serpentwined

Updated! The red-eyed version is up at the top. I'm working on some witchy/dark farmhouse themes myself. If you are interested.

• MeanieKitty

Love them so much. <3
                      I hope you don't think this sounds too creepy but I'm stalking these mods/retextures for awhile.

• serpentwined

Not at all! I hope to have a moment to finish them.

• Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Hey! I noticed yesterday while playing Stardew Valley that those ice crystals you find in the mines, the ones that can break by swinging your sword at them, were weirdly discolored, all neon and psychedelic. Today, I decided to find out what that was all about, figured it was a recently downloaded mod. Turns out the springobjects.xnb you edited is the issue, as seen here;
                          [​IMG]
                          Not sure why it's done that. I figure it must be some sort of issue with transparency, as I think those crystals have a bit of transparent color to them. I know I faced something similar while editing cursors.xnb in photoshop, it made the water at the bottom of the sprite sheet (as well as other things) all weirdly colored.

Anyway, hope I'm not being a bother, just wanted to let you know of the issue.

• serpentwined

I have fixed the weird crystals that appeared in caves and altered the fabric to be black as well. Loom will still be white since I don't want to replace a lot of the craftables mods that other people have. If anyone with a craftables mod wants to add the black wool idea to theirs as an options you are more then welcome to! <3

• Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks, already found the solution and fixed it though. :3 Apparently, XNB Node corrupts the springobjects file upon extraction, but for some reason, ONLY that file. Credit to Meevers for finding that out.

• serpentwined

Yeah I had extracted the vanilla files a few times to try to get the original, I eventually just made my own hand-made fix and lowered the transparency again

• Ashiuki

Ashiuki Void-Bound Voyager

Hey I've found a problem. When I download the black sheep without red eyes from nexus mods I still get the red eyed sheep even though I didn't click on the red eye download version? Also the wool is still white, I think it might have something to with the springobject files as that messes my game up for me, like I can't see rocks, wood etc because they are un pixelated.