Other Any fanfiction writers/readers?

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by crabrangoony, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

@Ghostly Fox I'm so sorry to hear that! D: I have two kitties and I would freak if that happened to them. I send my best wishes for their future health!

• Slywyn

Slywyn Existential Complex

I know I haven't commented or contributed before now(I only just got the idea to do this tonight) but I've posted something here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11857672/1/Stardew-Valley-Starting-Over

Please give it a read if you like, and I do like comments quite a bit. I'd prefer if they were left there(if you have an account), just because it might give people the idea that it's alright if they also leave something. Even if it's criticism, as long as you have something positive to say.

If you don't have an account/don't want to make one, comments here are fine too!

treebyriver, InvaderRoxas and Lanx12 like this.
      • InvaderRoxas

InvaderRoxas Industrial Terraformer

@Slywyn Awesome! I've got an account over there so I'll go ahead and check it out! :)

• Slywyn

I've updated it with a second chapter. I've also crossposted it over on Archive of Our Own as someone recommended I do so, so if you have an account there you'd rather use other than Fanfiction, you can do so.

• Satashi26

Chapter 5 of Stardust is up!

Hi @Slywyn ! I'll try to give your fic a read soon. I'm struggling with some kind of sickness right now and it's hard to stay at my computer :(

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

I was thinking of doing a series of elder scrolls-esque documents. Basically short explanations or essays on how the world is since I'm kinda garbage at doing anything else.

treebyriver likes this.
              • Slywyn

I wanted to keep writing and I did a third part.

My poor fingers.

InvaderRoxas likes this.
                • Satashi26

Hey guys, Fanfiction.net jsut got back with me. They created the Stardew Valley category under Games, so go post your stuff!

InvaderRoxas likes this.
                  • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I guess I'll be making an FF.net account once I get where I have something worth posting. Which might take a while at this rate ;w;

Also, does anyone know the exact relationship between Shane and his family? My games seems to be refusing to trigger any dialogue about it for some reason, and so far I've read that he's Jas' brother, no he's her cousin, no actually he's her godfather. Not that godfather is exactly exclusive from the other two, but still. (I mean, I could always just go 'screw it' and go with whatever family relationship I want, but I'd rather know I was ignoring canon.) I am pretty sure I've gotten dialogue from Marnie calling Shane her nephew and Jas her niece, but that just confirms that they're close blood relatives as opposed to distant ones.

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

;_; Gahhh I'm gonna need to make a FF.net account blaahhh I only got one good arm right now Q_Q oh well for the readers ! <3 thanks for the update on that Satashi ^_^

• namelessgrace

namelessgrace Void-Bound Voyager

In canon, I know for a fact that Shane is Jas' godfather and Marnie's nephew. Marnie is also Jas' aunt as listed in the official wiki, though it is never stated directly if Jas and Shane are cousins or brother and sister.

• Slywyn

Moved it over once I saw the change this morning.

• InvaderRoxas

That's great! Was waiting for it to finally go through-I'll have to post my bit over there once I get through with finishing my second chapter today. Thanks for letting us know! :DD

• Slywyn

Posted chapter 4, this chapter contains the 'request' I mentioned at the start of the story. If anyone has any comments or concerns or anything, I'd love to hear them.

• Xireni

Xireni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whew, been a bit slow these few days - uni assignments caught up, so no writing, but I am slowly catching up with all the stories that have been written. There's been a few more on AO3 as well, but I haven't looked at those yet.

@InvaderRoxas: I'm EXACTLY the same when it comes to Clint. I'd be happily pottering around meeting people and fishing when I realise it's 3:00PM and howl OH NO CLINT MY GEODES and then start a mad dash from Robin's home down to the blacksmith's... My account name is Qvissica, but I don't plan on posting my work there yet - I'm considering AO3 instead, mainly because I'm not sure if Wattpad is welcoming to Fanfiction as new as this one! Maybe I'll cross post when I get around to it.

@Ghostly Fox: In one of Jas' dialogues, she mentions that Shane is one of her parents' friends, and Marnie says that he's her nephew that stays with her for a bit. I didn't know about the godfather part though!

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

This sounds like they have a really weird family tree. In order for Shane to be her nephew AND Jas be her niece, their parents would have to be, at the least siblings wouldn't they?

I do have an idea for them in mind now, though, so thanks to everyone for the bits of info.

Edit: figuring out the timeline for said idea is very convoluted and may require simplification. Or for my brain to cooperate on the math part. Leaning towards simplification because the Canon relationship is enough of a mess.

Edit 2:
                                  Jas says she is with Marnie because her parents died, right? Or did I dream her saying something like that? Are there any hints as to when? On one hand, I am inclined to think it was a few years ago as she doesn't seem traumatized about it like it'd seem like she might be were it recent. On the other hand, she is shy which I've heard of being a part of grief for some kids.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
                                  • Slywyn

I can't tell you how many days that I've realized I needed to process geodes or pick up tools and Clint's is already closed, especially when it was my watering can(Twice!)

Serious d'oh moment there.

• namelessgrace

namelessgrace Void-Bound Voyager

According to a user on Steam, this is what Jas says in regards to her family: "Shane was a friend of my parents. They died. *sniff*"

I saw one fan theory that Jas isn't actually biologically related to Marnie and Shane. She is just Shane's goddaughter, but she calls Marnie "Auntie" because one Shane is now her caretaker and that is Shane's actual aunt and two it's probably the easiest way for a kid to explain a fucked up family situation that occurred because of very tragic circumstances.

However, it is still possible that Marnie had multiple siblings: one that became one of Shane's parents and one that became one of Jas' parents. There would have to be some massive gaps between kids somewhere though for that to make sense. Also, typically, relatives don't become godparents. Furthermore, why would Jas say "Shane was a friend of my parents" instead of "He's my cousin"? I like the fan theory best, but it is just a fan theory.

treebyriver likes this.
                                      • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

well this morning was...interesting...needless to say I'm not gonna be updating as quick as I usual on the fan fic. kinda hard to type with only one good arm right now *Sighs* Anyway loving everyone's fan fic they've done so far getting really excited as the stories progress.

• InvaderRoxas

Gah! :saywhat: What happened to your arm--if it's not rude for me to ask? Hope you are alright!