Community Show off your farm!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mollygos, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Siertes

Siertes Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks so much! You're right though. Picking crops is overrated. I have more fun just running through the grass and trees on stepping stone paths.

• lazycymbals

lazycymbals Space Hobo

Here's mine, just got married with Abigail :party::party:

[​IMG]

• sorrymyfault

sorrymyfault Phantasmal Quasar

i gotta say the small crops spots(1 sprinkler surrounded by 8-24 crops and than a path) don't look very original cause nearly everyone got it :D

• uberlobster

uberlobster Void-Bound Voyager

This is my farm in the 3rd Summer; it still has a bit of work. The trees in the top left will be cut down and the Untilled soil to the left of the crops will have criss-crossed trees with tappers on the outward facing ones. This plan was devised before I decided to give up growing grass - I figured more plantations would require too much work. I'll probably move my orchard under the silos and place 8 iridium plots under kegs without removing the normal trees. I haven't decided what to place in the empty lot since I'm not looking to maximize profits. Or I may leave everything and devise a new layout for my second play-through since my primary objective is completing the cooking and museum collections.

Attached Files:

Tamorr, Siertes and rhomboid like this.
          • Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

I love the night lighting, and the way you have your barns and coops arranged. Very scenic. <3

• Zaelox

Zaelox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Question about the left side of the farm, is that a pathway leading out?

Also, this looks amazing!

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

Absolutely. It's KingJoey's Expanded Farm mod. I wanted to have more room to decorate, but not being able to put furniture outside (as well as Giant Mushrooms being completely RNG for now) doesn't leave me with what I wanted to work with, so at the moment it's just a wood/grass farm.

And thank you, the modders made it very possible to have augmented my farm into something a lot nicer to look at :3

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
                  Zaelox likes this.
                • lazycymbals

lazycymbals Space Hobo

since I can't grow crops on the field......

EDIT : spring

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
                    Siertes, Hexprone, paseveri and 3 others like this.
                  • holymou

holymou Phantasmal Quasar

I tried the program allowing for full resolution screenshot but It was not working for me. So nevermind the multiple copies of my character and bits of HUD. Frankenstiening a screenshot is messy business. One of those coops is jam packed will all my kegs for ancient fruit wine. The greenhouse is full of ancient fruit. Money in the bank.

[​IMG]
                    [​IMG]

• WATERTHOOOOOSSEE

WATERTHOOOOOSSEE Phantasmal Quasar

• Hexprone

Hexprone Space Penguin Leader

Oh crap, I like this, but it's making me realize my planned three-square wide stepping-stone avenue is going to look really freaking yellow as soon as winter is over.

Is there a nice brickish looking pavement tile in any of the mods?

• ObiWon1

ObiWon1 Space Hobo

WORK IN PROGRESS, its not complete, so im only posting my plan, but whatcha think!? My Layout 2.png

• Concerned Gorilla

Concerned Gorilla Astral Cartographer

• Concerned Gorilla

Concerned Gorilla Astral Cartographer

Updated my farm since winter is boring haha my ancient fruit farm is alive again[​IMG]

Swasanna, Iffydust, rhomboid and 2 others like this.
                          • Turric4n_sdw

Turric4n_sdw Space Spelunker

20160327204548_1.jpg

I feel so bad

• secroit

secroit Orbital Explorer

[​IMG]

custom color palette.

• theglitchgarry

theglitchgarry Void-Bound Voyager

What is that wooden flooring called

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So, I finally started a design that I'm starting to like (I'd usually just throw some stuff together), but I know nothing about how to edit screenshots, so I just took a bunch of screenshots. I only have about a third of the farmland filled in.

[​IMG]

The Cow/Chicken Pasture, more than enough grass for everybody.

[​IMG]

Just above that, we have the orchard and the quality sprinkler array, still trying to get bundles filled in (that's why they're not all blueberries lol).

[​IMG]

I didn't realize when I took these pictures, I walked up a little too far. The hotbar is covering up a row of Iridium Sprinklers, two of them side-by-side just like the two you see just beneath me. There's going to be a 3x2 and then a 3x1 for a total of 9 iridium sprinklers here.

The only problem is that the stardew.info planner seems to be using incorrect radius for scarecrows; I lost a couple crops not knowing its values seem to be incorrect. Not sure how to fit more SCs in, perhaps another one beneath that weird face one on the left might fill in the gap.

[​IMG]

Nothing special up near the house.

This seems to be a well-balanced farm, though I didn't really plan for kegs or preserves (they take too long to process IMO, I'll get plenty of money from this stuff).

When I went to bed after I harvested all of those berries, I got about ~48k and when I woke up the next morning, most of the beehives were ready.

And yes, I know I planted Spangle Flowers... I forgot Poppies are better, blaaah. Oh well. I'll be ridiculously rich come fall with the cranberries and the rose honey.

@WATERTHOOOOOSSEE : Not to criticize you or anything, but you do realize you are wasting massive amounts of space by putting the Iridium Sprinklers that close to each other? They cover a lot more area than that. You seem to be using them like Quality Sprinklers which seems a bit of a waste to me. My screenshots have an example of how far IR Sprinklers will reach if you're interested.

Tamorr and rhomboid like this.
                                  • Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

You gotta explain how. Unless you wanna keep it secret. ;o

• Hexprone

Hexprone Space Penguin Leader

Yeah, I also really like the altered palette. The bare earth that's visible between paving stones is not the best color in the normal game.