WIP Pokédew Valley - Pokémon retextures

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ninjatulio, Mar 6, 2016.

1. The Mage Of Mist

The Mage Of Mist Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]
    Made a Clefairy kitty sprite sheet, for those who want an adorable pink alien fairy skipping and dancing around their farm. XP

• DarkCloud59

DarkCloud59 Void-Bound Voyager

I would like to suggest to differentiate white chicken from brown chicken by adding Shiny Torchic sprite as brown chicken. :poke:

• vhn2

vhn2 Seal Broken

I think Clefairy should replace those little Sprite things in the Community center

• Volpe

Volpe Astral Cartographer

Or just have different pokemon. SakuMo has made a Farfetch'd for a brown chicken and Cey702 did a Pidove for white and Spearrow for brown.
          Link to get to their pages.

• Sarahfiren

Sarahfiren Phantasmal Quasar

how do we use the clefairy png ...its not a xnb

• Sarahfiren

Trying to open extract a xnb is gonna drive me BONKERS im slow I have my own issues and this is confusing as heck to do..
              I really want this title as the intro can someone convert this please ... pokedew.png

• bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tell me what xnb it's in and I'll see what I can do. I would look myself, but it doesn't seem to be in any of the places I expected, or at least not labeled the way I was expecting.

• Sarahfiren

I cant tell ether but i would assume the intro xnb? its in content/minigames if not I don't know then.. im new with this ...

• bulbaswat

Okay, found it. it was in TitleButtons.xnb from the same folder.

Alright, so at first the image was far too large to use, so I shrunk it too different sizes til I found one that would fit, but a couple problems have arisen.

1. It isn't quite wide enough to match the width of the original without being too tall to fit in the frame. It's a minor issue, but one I felt like mentioning.
                    2. I would prefer a version without the black background, preferably being transparent instead. It caused the problem of after removing the black background with the paint bucket, it left a very ugly border that wasn't smooth to match the words. I'm sorry, but I'm just not invested in this enough to edit the border myself and make it look good.

So if you could make/find a version that fixes some of this, I could definitely do this. My problem is mainly point 2, the first problem is very minor, and can be ignored.

• Sarahfiren

hmm now that I may be able to help if Pedguin doesnt mind me using and editing that image sense I got it in here he had put it up ..

• Sarahfiren

bulbaswat what size is needed ? making it transparency shouldn't be a issue for me like I said if Pedguin doesn't mind me editing it

• bulbaswat

It looks like the absolute max is 400 wide by 187 high, but the text itself probably shouldn't be larger than, oh say 350x150 I think sounds good. 350x150 is slightly larger than the exact size of the original text, but should be a good estimate.

• Sarahfiren

ok ill do a edit and then just credit whom i need to and let you do the rest give me a little bit

• Sarahfiren

Ok for it to properly fit I had to take leaves off Pedguin
                              bulbaswat edited and transparent 350x150

Capture.PNG pokedew.png

bulbaswat likes this.
                              • bulbaswat

Okay, so I just realized that I'm gonna have to make a version of the board behind it with nothing on it first. Will take a whack at it now, but if anyone else wants to try, I wouldn't be opposed to it, because I'm not the best at this stuff. I am going to try though.

• Sarahfiren

so you need the 350x150 background no text? I still have the project up on gimp

• bulbaswat

What I need specifically, is this without the "Stardew Valley" text and leaves.
                                    Title.png
                                    As I said, I'm currently making an attempt at it, but it might be a good idea for someone with more skill than me to try and do it as well, and that way I can practice my skill, and in the end we can just use the better of the two, which would likely be the one not made by me.

• Sarahfiren

ok let me see what I can do

• Sarahfiren

Capture.PNG

working on it

• bulbaswat

Looking good! more effort than mine, and somehow at the same time about twice the progress. Here's a screenshot of my progress
                                          upload_2016-3-29_20-0-29.png