RELEASED Babies Take After Their Parents! Recolors + New Toddler Hair and Clothes (Updated 11/20/18)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by lilipea, Mar 19, 2016.

1. DatRaph

DatRaph Big Damn Hero

Yes, it needs to be your spouse's file, for example, I married Penny, so I got her files and put in my game. Now my babies look like her. If I would like to go for a second playthrough and marry, let's say, Abigail, then I need to pick Abigail's files and put in the game.

• lilipea

lilipea Phantasmal Quasar

To add onto what DatRaph said, there are only 2 files per age and gender, one for light skinned babies and one for dark skinned babies. You could mix and match, like having Sebastian's boy files with Maru's girl files, but you can't have all possible colors at once since they overwrite the same files.

It's pretty inconvenient if you have multiple save files, but I can't do anything about it unfortunately.

Also, added purple Abigail babies! Let me know if they're okay @Hobro :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
        Aurrelia likes this.
      • sweetangel20

sweetangel20 Starship Captain

Oh ok, that's what I thought. Thanks for answering! :)

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Excellent! Now my children can be as butt-ugly as I am. I've been suspecting Penny for the last month or so.

RaulMarq likes this.
          • ShadowFoxOXO

ShadowFoxOXO Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there! Awesome mod, I love the new looks of the babies. I have a bit of a problem though. I had my baby & went to name it, then the game crashed & even though I loaded back the day before I still haven't had a baby (again). I'm not sure if it was an issue with the mod or the actual game so I thought I'd start here & see if you knew of anything. I used the Sebastian baby mods since I married Sebby.

• Hobro

Hobro Void-Bound Voyager

By Yoba, they're beautiful. Thank you so much.

• lilipea

No problem :) Glad you like them!
                Hey, sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately I have yet to have a new baby with the mod active so I can't confirm whether this is the fault of my mod or not. My first baby should be a toddler soonish, so once the game asks me for another one I'll update you on how it goes, but until then maybe someone else has had a baby with the mod on and can give their input? I reeeeally hope my mod isn't breaking anything.

Also, I know sometimes the game will ask you if you want a baby and then it just asks you again later and never gives you that first baby, it might have done something similar to you during the crash even though you were in the process of naming it.

ShadowFoxOXO likes this.
                • Royalyspooky

Royalyspooky Phantasmal Quasar

A humble request (if still doing this mod) overalls could look really cute.

• ShadowFoxOXO

ShadowFoxOXO Void-Bound Voyager

It is a known bug in the game I found out, but thanks for the response. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon so I can see them Sebby babies in game lol

• lilipea

Oh, alright. Hope you can get your babies soon, that sucks :(

I'm not sure if I can make decent looking overalls, but I can give it a try!

Royalyspooky likes this.
                      • Royalyspooky

I would greatly appreciate that here is some food for thought (I don't expect you to do any of these remember to have fun, mostly girl overalls here due to overalls being unisex in the first place and girls typically have more styles in the first place)

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/...ing-clothing-Children-suits-baby-clothing.jpg

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_313452447_00/1.0x0.jpg

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1kUed...b-font-clothes-font-b-newborn-b-font-baby.jpg

http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1b5Vi...baby-kids-white-overalls-bule.jpg_640x640.jpg

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/...-Overalls-baby-infant-toddler-suit-5-size.jpg

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/096/182/452/452182096_270.jpg

lilipea likes this.
                        • endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've never really liked overalls but the ones you linked are adorable! I really like the first two. I think the third and the last one will be the easiest to make into sprite form.

@lilipea I really love how the babies look like the spouses, just like they do in Harvest Moon. You did such a great job on the flesh and hair tones. They really look like their parents. <3
                          Are you still thinking of doing some alternate recolors? If so, I was hoping you wouldn't mind doing a light blue and violet variant for Harvey's kids. Gender for the colors is not important. I just really like light blue, violet and light green. And there's already a dark green, so that works :) Plus my character's hair color is purple and the clothes are blue. This way they'll all match in some way. :kawaii:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
                            Royalyspooky likes this.
                          • lilipea

@endermaryn Thank you so much <3 I still have recolors planned but I'm lazing around atm, I do take requests though and will try to get any done quickly! I can definitely do the light blue and violet clothes for Harvey's babies :)

Also, I've shown no progress on the overalls, sorry about that. I'll try them sometime this week, thanks for all the pictures @Royalyspooky!

endermaryn likes this.
                            • Royalyspooky

Thank you and no problem just wanted to throw some ideas around

lilipea likes this.
                              • lilith1020

lilith1020 Void-Bound Voyager

can you make one with same stuff but it takes after from the player? but with normal hair and like cuter cloths and one thing is there in files one if you get a boy forst? and dos the mod work iven ig its anoder npc i am with?

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not the OP, but considering everyone's farmers are different with different skin tones, eye colours and hair colours it makes it difficult. They would have to recolour the sprites over and over and over again to fit everyone's farmers which is a somewhat unfair ask considering the amount of combinations. I'd say if you wanted children to take after yourself skin, hair, and eye colour wise, it would probably be better to learn how to unpack/pack xnbs and recolour the skin/eyes yourself.

RaulMarq, lannihamm and lilipea like this.
                                  • lilith1020

lilith1020 Void-Bound Voyager

i mean in a easy way like let say brown blond dark blond and so the normal colors

• lilipea

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to do tons of different recolors just so they might match the player character. That would be a pretty big undertaking and I'm just not thrilled about doing so many recolors that might not even be used. I'm more than willing to do specific requests as long as they're reasonable, though.

As for cuter clothes, I'm going to attempt the overalls but as I said in the OP I am really not an artist, all of this is just me recoloring stuff already in-game, so I can't make any promises that I can make something that looks good. If the clothes are a big concern for you maybe try out the Animal Onesies mod by @dumbnomad. You can always smush our mods together for personal use if they're cool with it.

The mod applies regardless of what gender baby you get first :) all files are accounted for.

You can choose any babies you want regardless of who you married. In my game, I married Penny but I'm using Maru's boy and Harvey's girl because they're adopted and I don't want matching babies. I packed the files based on who the recolors are based on for ease of use, but you can mix them around all you want, the game will treat them just the same.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
                                      • niftychick

niftychick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I did a mix. Harvey's girls with Penny's boys. The closest female bachelorette in colouring to my character is Penny so... woo. I have genetic children.. sorta.
                                        Thanks for the mod! Its awesome. <3

endermaryn likes this.
                                        • Zai Lily

Zai Lily Void-Bound Voyager

Definitely a great mod. I'd get Abby's if it weren't for the fact that in my farm, I'm a slime girl, so ours are adopted. xD

endermaryn and lilipea like this.