(Request) Buy wood from Robin in larger amounts

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RoastedCoconutz, Apr 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm nearing Year 6 and I'm always short on wood from making lots of kegs, preservers, beehives, flooring, etc. My old tree farm was replaced with a fruit orchard and there isn't much room on my farm for a new one.

Money isn't an issue anymore so I usually buy wood from Robin a few stacks at a time. My issue is that I can only buy 1 or 5 pieces at a time, and it gets really boring really fast.

Can anyone add two sales options to Robin's sales dialogue, to allow buying 100 pieces or a whole stack of 999 at a time? Is this doable? I would be very grateful.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Let me have a look at stardew's code and get back to you on this, but for now I will tentatively say "probably not".

• RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

Alright, thanks. I've tried looking at the code myself and it's like reading gibberish, I just can't figure out how to read it.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Current status: Theoretically possible, Practically not yet managed to do it.

• Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

Igorious made a mod to add items to Pierre's shop. Do these shops not share the same dynamics?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Adding a item is easy, what I am trying to do is adding a way to buy more of the item in question at once...

EDIT: I dont think I can make this happen without completely replacing the shop code, and that would easily break all other shop affecting mods...

• Xamerith

Xamerith Space Hobo

How about roundabout way - add an item to the shop, then use it in, let's say trash compactor, which will 'unpack' this item into a stack of 100 wood?

• skulltea

skulltea Intergalactic Tourist

If it's not possible no big deal, but I would love to not have to click 200 times to get seeds at the beginning of a season haha

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Currently talking with a few other modders about potentially having robin sell "packed" wood, that automatically turns into a stack once you close the shop, no idea if its going to be doable, but lets hope it does!

• Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Uh you know you can just hold shift and Left click to speed buy 5 at a time right?

• Jodah

Jodah Orbital Explorer

He said "I can only buy 1 or 5 pieces at a time" so yes, he does. It still takes a long time when you're buying 5+ stacks at a time.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Would anyone here know what file the textures used for the wood & stone item are in?

• Awesome_Chicken

Awesome_Chicken Poptop Tamer

Most likely under Tilesheets debris.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Strangely enough, nope

I almost got the mod perfect, I just need to find where the wood & stone item textures are held, and then I can make it work :p

taintedwheat likes this.
                              • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I need this too because I suck so I play with the steam controller and since it isn't very intuitive (so much so I can't use that useless slingshot at all) that I can't even do five wood at the same time. Thank you!

• Ichimatsu

Been looking for a while now but can't find it either
                                  nvm found it: In maps/springobjects.xnb near the middle, next to iridium

• Ichimatsu

but if you change that file all of us who have more crops mod won't be able to use this. If you're planning on making a new item and thus editing the file, that is :c perhaps if that's the case this could be implemented along with killerboto's mod? like a pretty and happy bundle :cry:

taintedwheat likes this.
                                    • taintedwheat

omgsh! thanks for mentioning this. i also have heart sprinklers too. x.x

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Got things working, I needed to know where the spritesheet was so I could copy the wood & stone textures for use in my mod, so dont worry, the original tilesheet is completely unchanged

Atm, I have it so that robin will sell stacks of 999 wood & stone each, as her last 2 sales
                                        They are not actually stacks that you buy though (stardew shops just dont work that way), but they turn into the actual stacks the second you close the shop window.

I think I will release the mod as-is for now, and add other items as we go along :p

• taintedwheat

Dude, that's better that way. You could never have too much stone or wood, plus its better to just save up and buy in bulk.. like at costco

RoastedCoconutz likes this.