Modding Help Edit: Adoption/Pregnancy Dialogue?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Ankou, Apr 13, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Sorry, if Im not making myself clear, but have the crib as a png. (As an option) Unless you have a modded kitchen you want to go with it any edits made on someone's old xnb is overriden with this one.

I guess the person can unpack from your xnb, but I was just making a suggestion.

So in that case that person can just copy and paste the crib from your original farmhouse_tiles to their personal one.

Ankou and Acerbicon like this.
    • Ankou

Ankou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, I see what you are saying. Sorry, I didn't understand.
      I can do that, sure. I'll add it as an extra download soon.

Would you prefer just the crib as it's own png or do you want my farminterior xnb iteself as a png?

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be cool to have the whole PNG I think. Maybe if it would be possible to have the whole image with everything removed except for the crib/cage, it would be even easier to overlay it over other user's own PNGs :)

I'm still curious bout where the adoption dialogues are... Did you check all files under Data? It's a lot of 'em. Maybe today I'll comb through them to see if I can spot anything :)

Ankou likes this.
        • Ankou

Okay, thank you. I'm adding the full size "blank" cage png to the download page right now as a misc file.

I did go through any promising data files as well as the dialogue files under characters, searching for things like "preg" "adopt" "baby" in the hope I would find something.
          I have not been through every singe one but I am very tempted to Saturday when I have some time off.

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, one adoption "dialogue" is in the Content/Data/mail.xnb file, line 119 in the 1.07 update:
            adoptionLetter: "Dear @ and spouse,^Congratulations! Your adoption application has been aproved.^We're working hard to choose the perfect baby to match your profile.^Your new family member will arrive in 2 weeks.^^-Ferngill Adoption Agency" #!String

Ankou likes this.
            • Ankou

Ha ha, that is the one line of adoption dialogue I already found and changed. Thank you though, I do appreciate it!
              The ones I am missing are any where your spouse is talking about yours/their pregnancy and adopting a child.

• SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

Looking Good

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I had a look for you, the dialogue in question is hardcoded into the exe (StardewValley.Events.QuestionEvent) and cant be changed even with API modding.

Ankou likes this.
                  • Jokerine

Aw, that's too bad. Well, I guess I'll personally just refer to my lovebirds as my babies then :)

• Ankou

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it, now I know I can stop looking, what a relief.
                      So that's the way it is then, it will have to remain unchanged.

With that being the way it is then and the beds being too widely used to really change, I think I'll go ahead and either post a more official mod thread later today or overhaul this one. There isn't going to a lot else I can do with this aside from add more bird variety and fix any spriting issues that turn up.
                      Now though, I need to get to bed so it will have to wait.

Good news for anyone who isn't too keen on lovebirds, I started on cockatiels tonight. Still a WIP.
                      [​IMG]

Actually... would anyone be interested in spritesheets using my birds set up to work as chickens too if possible? (I think it is, if I remember correctly chickens are 16x16.) I'd probably just provide .png files and let people use Lavapulse's Custom Animal Toolkit to add them to their own game as alternate chicken/duck breeds. This would also allow anyone who likes them but wants to keep their baby to use them. Or people who do use the replacer to have more bird.

XaviiKinz, Acerbicon and taintedwheat like this.
                      • Jokerine

I'd be happy to have more parrots! :)

Now maybe someone can make a mod to keep babies from becoming toddlers, so we can keep the cage forever :p

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

• QuirkyGrandpa

QuirkyGrandpa Void-Bound Voyager

Hey! I know this is several months old but I was browsing to find some of the same dialogue and wanted to ask if you edited the stuff in:

Files>Strings>Events

Has several birth messages for both adoption, and having a baby (pregnancy)

I am personally missing the dialogue where your spouse says something along the lines of: 'Didn't you know? You're pregnant!'

Ankou likes this.
                          • Rocket_Man

Rocket_Man Space Hobo

Found the dialogue "cant you tell? youre pregnant!" in Files>Strings>StringsFromCSFiles
                            This file have all pregnancy and adoption dialouges