RELEASED [SMAPI] Configurable Machines

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by knockedmallard42, Apr 8, 2016.

1. knockedmallard42

knockedmallard42 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Finally! You can have a Seed Maker that doesn't ever give you just one seed. :)

Here's a mod that allows you to pick how many products any of the machines give, not just the seed maker. This doesn't let you config the inputs (these are hard-coded into the game, and REALLY hard to attempt to change).

REMEMBER: Back up your save! I don't want you losing anything, that would be terrible.

This mod is compatible with any other mod that doesn't change the name of the machines, and should be compatible with almost every mod out there.

Uses SMAPI 0.39+

How to Configure Machine Output:
    The default config file is included in the .zip. The values in this file may be changed to whatever you'd like. If it is a value that says "Minimum" or "Maximum" then the mod will randomly generate a number between these two values (keep them as whole numbers). If the value says "Increase" then the mod will increase the output by the number that you designate. "Chance" values are percents as decimals (if you want a 25% chance, then put 0.25 as the value).

Keep the config file in the .zip for reference with what the different options mean, I haven't yet figured out how to keep the comments when the game updates the config file...

Updating from v 1.0.1 to v 1.1:
    If you don't copy over the new config file, then load the game, all your previous values should be saved. After that, then you'll have to copy and paste over the values from the new default config included.

OR

You could just copy over the values from your existing config into the new one. The only one that is no longer an option is "RecyclerIncrease." I got rid of that one to put in all sorts of config options for the recycler.

Get it here!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
      farmvillesux, skooma and curi0 like this.
    • NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

how? there isn't any config file which can be opened with a text editor

• Laraid

Laraid Void-Bound Voyager

Run the game once and the config file will be created. Currently working fine for me! Thanks :)

• NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

Ah ok that helps. :)
          Pretty cool, thanks for your great mod!

I would write this information to the start post. On Nexus there is another comment with the same problem. :)

• Ordaeanu

Ordaeanu Poptop Tamer

Works except if you go to bed before the machine finishes working then you get the default number of items when you wake up in the morning such as 1 bar from the furnace

• knockedmallard42

Just updated the file to include the config file in the zip originally, and also added more instructions on Nexus.

This should be fixed now with v 1.1

• clickeddaisy

clickeddaisy Big Damn Hero

i changed some configs but it does not work everything just gives the normal amount

• knockedmallard42

Which other mods are you using (if any)? And which machines did you test it out on?

This could be a problem with the 1.0 version. When you went to sleep, it didn't catch the configs. This is fixed with 1.1.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
                  • clickeddaisy

clickeddaisy Big Damn Hero

i have quite a few mods :)
                    All Professions
                    Automated Doors
                    Better RNG
                    Callendar Anywhere
                    Chest Pooling ( does not work for me atm)
                    Daily friendsip increaser
                    Durable fences
                    Gate Opener
                    Grass growth mod
                    Harvest with scythe
                    health bars
                    instant geode
                    instant grow trees
                    movement mod
                    no soil decay
                    regen mod
                    simple sprinkler
                    time speed
                    Tool charging

none of these changes anything about the machines to my knowledge

• skooma

skooma Poptop Tamer

omg, bless your soul
                      the fact that it took 10 WOOD to make 1 COAL was bugging me for the longest time
                      1000 wood for 100 coal, ridiculous (it was even dumber when it was 20:1)
                      i had to put a pause on mining just because i was getting SO MUCH ore that i never had enough coal to process it
                      and there was never enough trees to cut down even if i clear cut the whole map, and the coal sprites never spawn enough for me

• fengchao191

fengchao191 Void-Bound Voyager

This one dosn't work well with CJB Automation.

• Gyumaou

Gyumaou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How so? I just tested with the Keg, preserve maker, and the wood burner. Increased quantities move to chests as they should.

• fengchao191

fengchao191 Void-Bound Voyager

After tested again, I find it's CBJ cheat menu 'Fast Machine Processing' option which cause the conflect, manual havest works well with 'Fast Machine Processing' however.

• Kynera

Kynera Void-Bound Voyager

I saw this solution over on the Nexus page for this mod, and it seems to have worked for me in regards to Fast Machine Processing option/Config Machines:

Just rename the ConfigurableMachines folder that the mod is in to AConfigurableMachines.
                              After doing this my Seed Maker was respecting the settings I gave it, even with fast processing and using the automation mod.

It's apparently a load order issue, the rename forces Configurable Machines to load first.

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
                              • GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

Love this mod! Any way we could get "More Machines mod Flour, Vinegar, Sugar" added?

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Is it possible to also make the worm bin output configurable? I've got so many crab pots that I'm bleeding thousands every month to keep them stocked with bait. >_<

• charlottenoyen

charlottenoyen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Ashiel

Ashiel Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there. I wanted to say that your mod is amazing and I appreciate it.

I also have a question. The config file in the .zip folder doesn't mention what "remove torches" is supposed to do. Given its placement, I thought that it would make the recycling machine default to making cloth instead of torches when deciding between the two, but it doesn't seem to do anything (setting it to "true" still results in getting torches from the recycling machine). So I'm confused as to what it's for. :nuruconfused:

• Kiddles

Kiddles Void-Bound Voyager

One thing I've noticed about the mod is that it only seems to allow machines to work in certain locations, namely farm buildings and the farm itself. However, it will not work for machines in the cellar, as it hasn't been updated for 1.1. It also won't work for machines that are placed in Town or other locations outside of the Farm.