spooky noises?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BreacK, Apr 16, 2016.

1. BreacK

BreacK Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was just playing the game on a rainy day when suddenly about every 10 seconds there was some kind of creepy kinda "moaning" noise... At first I thought it was just nothing but when I was in the mines after some time the screen just randomly turned green when the noise played. I nearly got a heart attack. So I immediatly ran out of the mines and back to my farm. But when I came to my house I could bet there was something sitting on my crate! It then disappeared even before I really realized it.
    So what the heck is this noise?
    I mean I don't care, I didn't want to sleep anyway... :D
    But seriously this is scaring the crap out of me... I think I can't play the game for the next few days :D

sirwoof likes this.
    • benevapwnz

benevapwnz Void-Bound Voyager

These sounds really have no explanation... Sometimes I hear whistles too, it's creepy. The screen turning green probably was because of a flying monster swarm. Sometimes the screen goes green, blue or red (depending on mine level) and the flying enemies from the area start to come outta nowhere in bunches to get you! lol
      The crate thingy was probably your brain playing tricks on you since you were already scared.

• mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

Yes, it is a ghost. This game is haunted, don't you see?

All of those colour, sunshine, and rainbow is nothing but distraction of the real happening in the valley.

• Omnislash024

Omnislash024 Big Damn Hero

Still trying to figure what that random "OOOO-oooo-uuuu" sound is. Usually happens in the rain.

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

I'll tell you when you're older :disshappy:

WolfGT57, sirwoof and Iffydust like this.
            • fabi420

fabi420 Void-Bound Voyager

I guess its a frog or something like that :)

• Iffydust

Iffydust Starship Captain

I got the door noises every night instead right after my farmers goes to bed, before and after marriage XS

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

The rainy noises are definitely frogs and maybe SPOOKY GHOASTS

• CarbonCoal

CarbonCoal Void-Bound Voyager

Those noises you hear in the rain are giant frog monsters, beware.

• ssokolow

ssokolow Cosmic Narwhal

My mind is over-eager to find jokes. That typo caused a double-take because I first parsed it as "SPOOKY GOATS".

• Hexprone

Hexprone Space Penguin Leader

It's Jas's toys weeping over their imprisonment....

• WolfGT57

WolfGT57 Contact!

I heard this same noise when I woke up in the morning.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

One of the ghosts had their alarm clock set accidentally for AM rather than PM.

ssokolow, sistermonkey and WolfGT57 like this.
                            • Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

Creepypasta Stardew Valley, let's go.

Iffydust and MagicallyClueless like this.
                              • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I always just figured it was the Junimos...but some of these options are a lot more...enticing...to imagine, because TURN THE CUTE AND RELAXING GAME CREEPY!! :p

• primm

primm Phantasmal Quasar

I've heard all the creepy noises besides that one. I know which one you're referring to though, I checked a youtube vid which recorded all the sounds. It sounds like an old man is trying to scare some kind of dog creature (at first I thought it was a girl screaming, but.. guess not).

• Bear^

Bear^ Poptop Tamer

Plot twist; Your character is actually dead, and is in a sort of "purgatory". The stress of working in a major corporation in the city, drove you to dive of a bridge, but instead of "moving on", you ended up in a "tranquil" place. The noises you hear, the moans, the screams and the monsters, are just figments of the universe trying to relay to you that you're actually dead, to move on and leave the earthly world behind. And since you're not ready, since you have unfinished business, it takes the forms of monsters and nightmares, it scares you because it's the truth you're not ready to face yet.

• lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

Wow I like that approach. Reminds me so much of one of my all time fav TV Shows from the BBC.
                                      Life on Mars

• WolfGT57

WolfGT57 Contact!

I've also heard that noise when I wake up on a rainy day. Creepy as fuck.

• FatReuniclus

FatReuniclus Subatomic Cosmonaut

SPOILERS ON THE MINES AND THE SEWERS

When you get deep enough in the Mines, you can find the "void spirits" who make the same sounds. My theory is that they come to the surface when it's raining so that they don't get hurt by the sun. Confirmed by Krobus, as he says the sun makes "shadow people" get harmed or die.

Sorry, I forgot how to use a spoiler tag and I'm in a bit of a hurry.