spooky noises?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BreacK, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Every now and again, Elliott sees a pimple or rash on his face. That's the sound of unholy terror you hear outside.

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

I know hearing it when you wake up means its raining outside (a good warning if like me you keep forgetting the tv exists). It only plays while it rains so I assumed it was some sort of frog call. it has creeped me out before though!
      The mine color is an indicator that a group of flying mobs is about to overtake your floor. They are numerous and they keep coming one or two at a time. Dont worry though! It is not infinite! If you can manage to keep swinging and keep calm, you CAN kill them all and end the "event". I went looking for those when i needed a ton of bat wings and bat kills in general! Great way to find a lot of bats very fast!

Also if you hit a floor where the whole floor is shiny and green when you enter it, that means there are slimes absolutely everywhere and you need to kill them all to proceed.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

If by proceed, you mean go to another floor, then not quite. I've been on floors that turned green (slimes) or red (bats), and as long as a ladder up or down is around, you can take that if you'd prefer to leave. Also, you can leave if you choose to use a totem at any time.

If you mean by proceed, do whatever else you want on that floor besides becoming a temporary killing machine first, I'm right there with you.

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

really? theyve always made me kill everything before the way down appeared o_00
          maybe i just have crud luck lol

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

you two are talking about different things

if a prompt comes up that says "This area is infested..." then you have to defeat every enemy before proceeding, and there usually isn't anything to mine really

if you're on a regular floor and a green/red/blue/whatever color fog comes up, flying enemies will begin swarming you. you CAN defeat them all and sometimes they will spawn a ladder, but you can mine out a ladder or defeat a different enemy; you don't HAVE to kill all the swarming enemies to proceed

ssokolow and Borodin like this.
            • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

In all the time my wife and I have played--both of us through the mines, and the last 10 levels, repeatedly so--neither of us have seen the prompt that "This area is infested." I guess we've both been lucky. Will the totem work if you try to get out from it?

On the matter of green/red, etc, I've actually had the air change color after finding a ladder down under a rock. Having finished the bats and with other goals at the time, I just traveled down to escape them.

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

i know that. i had mentioned earlier in addition to the swarm that sometimes you can enter a room that is totally covered in slime. that counts as a "this area in infested" room but its much more obvious about it.

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

oh, my bad then!

• Red_Rose

Red_Rose Phantasmal Quasar

Win I first got that sound it did surprise me I though it was something from EarthBound/Mother but after a few days of rain I got use to it but it is kind of creepy but I like it

• Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

The noises freak me out. I don't like them. Haha

• pugoliveyt

pugoliveyt Space Hobo

I think those noises are The Old Mainer

Also plz give meh credit because it is really hard to type with a doge cousor.