Community Show off your farm!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mollygos, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Hexprone

Hexprone Space Penguin Leader

They do, just more slowly, and non-fruit tree growth rates are random anyway.

• Justpassingthrough

Justpassingthrough Space Spelunker

• Tyken

Tyken Subatomic Cosmonaut

Justpassingthrough likes this.
    • Justpassingthrough

Thank you, awesomely majestic person! How do I use it? If, you don't mind my asking...

Dragonclaw and General Nuclear like this.
      • Tyken

No Problem! On that page there is a "About/Faqs" up at the top right. If its too unclear or you can't figure it out, let me know.

Justpassingthrough likes this.
        • Justpassingthrough

Thanks!

Dragonclaw and General Nuclear like this.
          • Dhunis

Dhunis Aquatic Astronaut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey guys, here's mine farm and farmhouse with over 130 hours of playtime.

I'm using few re-textures, namely gravel paths to grass, silo replacement with small shed, both from MiaEmilia.

The farm is still not 100% complete - grass field E and NW of the lake and other minor details.

Coop and barn near the pond house all animals except rabbits, which are housed in the grove at SW part of the farm. The grove is also Abigail's favorite part of the farm.

I'm still waiting for some outdoor furniture for the campfire place and grass W of the farmhouse.

I'm keeping Abby's re-decorations in the house, so some parts might look odd :D.

• kidkid123

kidkid123 Phantasmal Quasar

hey, what's that building near the couliflower?

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

• MissGhouls

MissGhouls Void-Bound Voyager

Phew. this took forever to piece together @_@ (the programs i tried to use to take a picture, didn't include my texture changes and hiding the ponds!)
                This is my "cheaty" save... so i spent a lot of time just playing around with making things look good with objects you can't normally get (like the mushroom boxes, crates & barrels, etc) My real farming save is really different lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
                The inside is very... red lol. Again: i used a lot of items you can't obtain through normal gameplay. No spouse yet :p

• Tyken

Oh hey, I saw your reddit post. I love how personalized your house and farm is. Feels like everything is placed with meaning and purpose, not just a space filler.
                  Anyway, Time to go indepth!

I freaking love what you did around your house, as well as the fence retexture. I feel like its quaint for the rest of the farm, too. It adds a...polished? look to your farm. I might switch the trees around your house to fruit trees to give more variety and present "seeds" making it look overgrown.
                  I think most of the retextures in general look amazing but the max coop looks odd. The house and the other barns and coops don't match either, which is ok but a bit odd. The smaller silos could also use a touch up but that's more of a gripe with the textures, not your farm.
                  Your farm is also just the right balance of "Full" yet not cluttered, not to mention a pleasant mix of nature and cultivation.
                  I also love how each of your animals yards is decorated and not just grass
                  Your house is beautiful too. From the kitchen to the bedrooms. I especially love the "tiered' windows above the bed. Though they feel a bit strange? around the rest of the house. Maybe because they're wider.

-Dislikes
                  I find the "all grass" mod sort of odd in a bad way. You make it look good, however. Especially with how you make your own paths in the forest and such. Not really a gripe against your farm, just a personal taste.
                  I'm also not a fan of how you got rid of the ponds but I can understand why and how you used the space looks wonderful. Again, more of a personal preference.
                  I kind of hate how most people ignore grandpa's shrine, the warp totem, and the pet area. The totem/pet area looks fine but the shrine is just..lame?
                  The Maple, Silo, and bee area all look unimpressive. They're fine but compared to everything else, they sort of stick out like a sore thumb.
                  I'm not a huge fan of the...Door? dividers in your home. They close off such a limited space and make the house feel less open. Also just doesn't seem like it fits?

Overall, I give your farm a 8.5/10. I took off 0.5 from lack of ponds :p
                  Anyway, Hope my criticism isn't taken the wrong way and hope it helps improve your design!

• MissGhouls

MissGhouls Void-Bound Voyager

Not taken the wrong way at all! I liked the idea of ponds, but i just really didn't like the way they were placed on the farm. I wish there was a way you could pay robin to fill them in or dig new ones somewhere :T

I completely spaced grandpa's shrine until i got to that area and went "oops :T" so i plan on making something cool on the next save i do. I honestly didn't like the pet area. it just seemed like random overgrown wooden pallet and a bowl (as well as the warp totem, since i never use them), so the smooth-farm mod i'm using completely removes it -- that way my pets can just wander around the farm. If they gave us a sort of doghouse, or kennel or something, i would spend some more time making it look right, but the way it was was just "meh" to me.

Bees and maple area were also an afterthought. The silo area was exactly where I wanted it, but it just seems... lacking :T Not sure what to put down there. I really wish we had some kind of farm equipment like a tractor, or a cart for hay/crops. Then it would look a little better I think.

If i were to redo this (and I might, lol) I think i'd move the vineyard area inside the main tilled area, move the bees up there (and not as many) and pretty up the shrine. The maple trees would just be incorporated in with the rest of the woods on the left side and kind of mixed in. :)

• Tyken

I agree with the pet area. I hate how it was just "chosen" for us an unable to be moved or even upgraded. So fairly reasonable to get rid of it. The warp shrine could of also been done a bit better, even grandpas grave could of been better placed. I still like to build around them however, since i'm not willing to remove them and I don't feel like they should be ignored but again thats more of a personal opinion on the matter.

Could always get rid of the bees. Besides gifts or gold, honey has little purpose. You could also just make it a -very- small area or place them around, decoratively. As for the silos, you could always retexture a few things. I was thinking of retexturing my preserve jars to look more like barrels but I figure they look similar enough. You could possibly retexture some un-used items like wormbins or something to look like hay. Its a bit more cheaty I suppose but you gotta make do with what you have. Not really sure what to do with the trees besides make it less compact and maybe make it like a mini camp area? Even then...

Oh! The deluxe coop was a vineyard? Makes more sense now. I'm use to seeing people use barns. Would also explain the non-matching texture to the other coops/barns.

Anyway, Check out my farm. Its unfinished but I feel like every farm has atleast one thing that makes it special. I'd also love to hear your opinion of mine. Link to post.

• Kenneth2345

Kenneth2345 Intergalactic Tourist

Umm... How did you get those grass paths?

SilentReverie likes this.
                        • primm

primm Phantasmal Quasar

Inspiring thread! @MissGhouls: I love the little library corner in your house (in the bedroom), very original!

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

• MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

I don't need any retexrures, because im fine with normal textures, Little Lea. :3

• Stargaz

Stargaz Void-Bound Voyager

Here is my precious haha Summer of year 3
                              [​IMG]

• VergilRenata

VergilRenata Void-Bound Voyager

Goodness! Σ(゚Д゚)
                                So many amazing farms. I'm jealous! I should look into modding mine in the future.

But here's mine. I'm still working on it.

[​IMG]

Neuroplasticity and Tamorr like this.
                                • guitardude_324

guitardude_324 Big Damn Hero