REQUEST Label individual resources?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Omenchild, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Omenchild

Omenchild Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know there is a mod that gives the option to Label chests, but is there a mod that enables the possibility to make custom labels for individual items?
    It would be great and useful for gifts (sense keeping track of all the gifts are almost impossible).
    But also for keeping track of certain items for future projects etc.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The chest labeling mod works because it is changing the name of the tile, a value that stardew doesnt use.
      Item names are used on the other hand, in quite a lot of places.
      Changing them at all can severely break the game.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I think what he's trying to say is kinda convoluted. Maybe what this is trying to get at is making things be "taggable" in a sense that's easy to reference back to later. Not to necessarily change the name of the item completely.

Like, having templates with particular names attached to them --organizing it by group or what it is used for than just what sort of materials they are.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yeah, that cant really be done either, to be honest, items are a incredible mess, you dont want to know the pains it took to get my Shop Extender items working >_<
          And those are only temporary placeholders, a labelling mod would have to actively force all items to use a custom item class in order for extra data to be applicable... >_<

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I can only imagine because every time I even try to look at that stuff like that I...I can't even, Felicia.

Yeah, it really sucks how you couldn't somehow do an overlay/stack different properties on the same item. @_@

• Omenchild

Omenchild Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well it seems I'm in the cold on this one aswell :/

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The main issue here is that stacks do not have a unused property or unique value that is serialised, so you cant even do what CJB did and render a extra field with the info you want... >_<