Modding Help Non-binary farmer? is it possible?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by 414a4c, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I think you did a good job with these, and a good amount of variety too- they're definite improvements over CA's design. I do have a question though- would it be possible to make a t shirt/shorts set, where the shirt is either black or a lighter shade of the pants color? Not requesting you specifically do it if it is possible, just want to know before I try to do it next time I have the time to try it.

Alkanthe likes this.
    • keodau27

keodau27 Subatomic Cosmonaut

The mod i posted is not by me though, it's by @Delta9, the one i'm doing is in the attached file, and yes i'm doing a t shirt/shorts set ( as suggested in the thread ), i'm still figure out the shading and need to test it, but there will be it

endermaryn likes this.
      • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Oh, derp. That's what I get for browsing the forums while in need of sleep. That said, what you are making looks good so far except for something about the way the hips connect to the legs and the may that makes the shorts "move". They look like they billow out and then suddenly suck back up against the Farmer's legs. Unfortunately, I am not quite sure to fix it at the moment without messing with the illusion of depth.

• keodau27

Is it better now ?

Edit : put a few more shadow pixel to make it easier to figure out

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
            cuttle and 414a4c like this.
          • keodau27

Anddd here is the variants : t-shirt, that turtle-neck kinda shirt ( as suggested ), previous shirt with longer sleeves, binder/tank top, low-cut tank top
            The F type body will have the same variants, i will make versions where the shirts are black/brighter than the shorts. Give me some more suggestions or about what i should change !

Edit : F type done, i will test it later

Untitled.png Untitled.png

• Delta9

Delta9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you have any requests/modifications/bug fixes you'd like me to make for my own swimsuit mod, please tell me right away and I'll try to accommodate you. :rainbow:

• Delta9

I'd be interested in collaborating with you on this! For the chest scars mod I had to slightly tweak the body itself, so I know you can change it, it's just a matter of degree. Keeping it inside the current dimensions is probably needed to keep the damage hit box accurate and so on. And it's a matter of scale, because it's not just the 9 bathing sprites, it's all of them, and we'd have to tweak the clothes too. But I think we could do it. :)

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

That looks better, yes. Shorts in SDV aren't easy to do from what I've seen, and that looks much better. The only other variant I could think of would be a longer-shorts variants, and that'd probably be overkill. (Which, other people may have more useful suggestions, that's just the only one I can think of, and it sounds like it would be a pain to do.) As someone who lives somewhere that people almost never swim without a T-shirt on because doing so is begging for sunburn (coughFloridacough) this will probably kill the nagging sense that my character is underdressed. It also will probably be a big relief (or at least of use, I hope) for people who are or want to play as either non-binary or anywhere else under the 'umbrella,' so I think you are doing a good thing.

Alkanthe likes this.
                  • keodau27

@Ghostly Fox I'm testing the bathing suits, the black t-shirt ended up being pure black, even though i did put shading and even lighten the color but its still pure black, it looks quite out of place but well it still works ? i guess.

farm1.png

I also make the shorts darker to make the t-shirt looks lighter, the left is the darker one, it's hard to see though i may make it more dark to make the shirt pop out more but maybe because my character is wearing dark colors, it could work with a character wearing bright colors

farm2.png

• Delta9

If you give me the xnb or the pdf, I can take some test pics on any color you want. :) I wish to be useful.

Alkanthe likes this.
                      • keodau27

Here are the xnb files so everyone can test it, please post/send me your screenshots, i havent test the f body yet, i also need to see them in bright color, i may make a separate thread for the mod after i'm satisfied with everything.

png files included so you can modified it if u want

Here is how the mod look ingame :

T-shirt & shorts and t-shirt w brighter color than shorts ( right ) :

farm4.png

Tank top/binder w shorts :
                        farm3.png

Low cut top

farm5.png

Swim shirt :

farm6.png

Swim shirt with long sleeves :

farm7.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
                        • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

So I fiddled with the t-shirt and shorts variants to get an idea of what was up with the black not having shading.

T-Shirt Variants.png

From top to bottom: Black T-shirt, Black T-Shirt with +30 brightness filter, T-Shirt, and Bright T-Shirt.
                          Left to right: high lightness and high saturation, low-middle lightness and low saturation, and 0 lightness and any saturation.

So the reason that the black t-shirt doesn't show shading with dark color pants is because, due to the color difference in the shorts and shirt in that variant, the shirt is dropped below 0% lightness. So to get a dark t-shirt that has shading with dark colors, you would use either the normal t-shirt variant or the bright t-shirt variant depending on if you want it to have saturation. To get a black shirt with light pants, you'd use the black-t-shirt variant.

endermaryn, rhomboid and Alkanthe like this.
                          • Karalius465

Karalius465 Void-Bound Voyager

Someone should make a thread with what's happened so far. Since this thread is so long it's a bit confusing haha.

Cerius likes this.
                            • endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I second this. I was thinking of finally getting my hands on a copy of Notepad++ so I can work on some of the dialogue but I'm going to have to carefully go back through and read everything to find out what has been completed.

I know that the body selection screens were done. The kid's dialogue. I think George's dialogue is done. And there is a great bathing suit in the works.

• Karalius465

Yeah it'd be easier if there was a sort of database type thread (I'm unsure if that's the term I need sorry.) that could be updated as more is added but I felt that making it myself would be rude since I haven't actually been able to contribute.

endermaryn likes this.
                                • Kayuya

Kayuya Intergalactic Tourist

So, apparently an update is going to make Emily and Shane able to be married. Would this mod be able to change their dialogue as well?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

As far as I can tell, it should change anything that isn't hard coded. There will probably be a few places that need manually edited, but that's all I know, unfortunately. Well, on the coding dialogue angle at least. It will depend how CA phrases their dialogue, but since someone altered things for everyone else, it should hypothetically be faster to change theirs.

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I was thinking about this. I believe that a person would be contributing to the creation of the mod by creating a creation thread. Said individual would have to go back through the several pages of posts, read everything thoroughly and create a WIP mod page that correctly links to the downloads or work that has been made so far. They would have to keep such a post incredibly organized and update it constantly.

A person who has no artistic talent, no codding or moding experience but who is extremely organized would be just the one for the job. There are more than one way to contribute. And I do not think anyone would complain were you to take this task upon yourself to help the mod out if you were willing. :up: Furthermore, I believe that the creation of such a page would help the mod out by expediting progress a lot! Especially since things would be better organized and others could see exactly what still needed to be done. :mspaint:

CedarGlade and Alkanthe like this.
                                      • nyatori

nyatori Void-Bound Voyager

I personally could help if people need help with phrasing the gender neutral dialogue! I'm really glad to see there's so much support from forum members here. I'm a trans guy myself, so this kind of stuff means a lot to me, heh.

Karalius465 and SleepySquidd like this.
                                        • Karalius465

I did go through the thread, but most of the uploaded things were attached files and not links so I wasn't sure how I'd organize that...
                                          Also has anyone thought of asking him on Twitter? I'm pretty much an idiot on how that site works, but even if he ignores it, it seems worth a shot maybe.