RELEASED FarmHouseExtended (Updated 25/4) (Exploding Machines Fixed)(Interior Only)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Mar 25, 2016.

1. swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

2. zomgzomg

zomgzomg Void-Bound Voyager

Can I make a request?
    Micro + Slime Cave version, with the crib and beds removed from the kids' room?
    That would be amazing <3

I replaced my children with slimes, so I replaced the crib with an aquarium, but the beds seem hardcoded somehow, so just having that room empty again would be great. The mod I used to clear it out obviously isn't compatible. :/

UPDATE: It works perfectly, thank you~! :3

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    • Celastria

Celastria Void-Bound Voyager

Would it be all right to request a version with less busy flooring for the attic? Only the attic's flooring bothers my eyes when I look at it. :notworthy: Even just the old wood flooring would be fine.

• QuantumConcious

QuantumConcious Phantasmal Quasar

Well i would need to Know exactly what version. Is it FarmHouseExtended Version 1.7 or
        FarmHouseExtended + FarmCave + SlimeCave Ver1.2
        and did you choose Bathroom A B or C.

Knowing the bathroom would save me altering 6 variants when you only need 2 as bathrooms. As the Farmhouse attic basement and bathroom are all on the same map.

• Celastria

Celastria Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for not specifying. :facepalm: FarmHouseExtended Version 1.7 Bathroom B would be splendid.

• Aliqua

Aliqua Void-Bound Voyager

If you ever decide to make the extended version with a less busy floor. Please share the link, I would also love it :)

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

You guys can also like extract the xnb and edit the floors yourself, if you have the means to.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
              • Aliqua

I have taken your advise and am digging through the files. After spending some time figuring out how to unpack them I assumed that the easiest way to do it was to just replace the purple tile with one of the original floors from the game. But unless I am mistaken, the tiles in FarmHouseExtended_ExtraDecor_tiles.xnb are 16x16, while the original floors are 32x32. I'm contemplating if there is some easy way to scale one of the good looking floors down without it looking like a mess. If I had been better at drawing I might have been able to draw up a new floor instead. But I'll find a way.

• taintedwheat

I have a thread where ive created walls and floors that ive already scaled to fit well in the game, its just copy and paste since there.

Uhm, its easy to find misc if you want some like choices. I am like really good with color, so you might find one would like. Unless its super pastel, I dont really do that much o:

• Aliqua

I managed to find one where the pattern repeated it self 4 times, so I could cut out a 1/4. Now I'm just repacking it so that I can test if it works. Hopefully it does. Might take a look at your thread if I feel like switching out more colors. Being able to choose feels sort of... addictive.

• taintedwheat

Haha, yeah! Once you get a hang of it gets super addictive to try and find the best match up, haha.

I surprisingly havent tweaked any of my borders or such yet myself though. Its much fun making resourses.

I can feel you about the floor though so sorry if i sounded brash ;-;

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Sorry, haven't been keeping up but... Does this mean it's time to update? If so, can either of you (Wheat and/or Quantum) please explain what I would need to do to update the version you both so kindly made for me? Or the steps to update in general, because for some reason, the latest change flew so far over my head that it may as well have been in space. No huge rush if it would require customizing on the map file, obviously.

• taintedwheat

Actually, unless he's working on it now, the bathrooms are pretty much the same, its just the rooms have changed.

But i dont quite remember, is yours one or two files added to content?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Uhm... If two file you mean the maps and the extended tile sheet, then yes? It was a change in color scheme and some of the patterns, to the bathroom and attic. Not sure beyond that and can't get on the computer to check right now.

• taintedwheat

Well, if you only have one content file then that means your behind since the update. There are now two xnb/added tilesheets that go into content.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I know that my basement doesn't look like the latest update so... I am behind. So it comes down to how I would I update while keeping the tileset you and Quantum made for me, so I can use the bathroom and attic without the basic tileset? Would I just keep the extendedfarmhouse tileset I already have in the content foldeand replace the maps?

• taintedwheat

Ah shit. Okay, if you want to try renaming the xnb we fixed for you to farmhouseextended [or whatever it is in the updated file]_wall_and_floors.xnb and then replace all the old map files [but keep them if this doesnt work] and see if that will be alright for the changes.

It might not be, but i do know that these tilesheets do have your original purple and gray bathroom tiles we made because my personal extended map also has them/uses the same tile sheet [theyre just not utilized in the relessed maps]

Let/us know. Its probably an easy copy and paste, or the bathroom may need to be open in tIDE and rebuilt again with these tilesheets if its too difficult to just retexture over the other stuff.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Okay, I'll give that a try when I get a chance and let you know how it goes after.

• QuantumConcious

Unfortunately you would have to remove everythig you have placed in the Bathroom Attic and Basement. Then simply add the files maps into maps and the files in Content into Content.

The reason you will have to remove the stuff in the Basement, Bathroom and attic is i had moved the position of those 3 rooms. Due to the map being to big and caused the exploding machines bug among other random bugs due to the game engine not liking maps that are over 200x200 as 20,000 tiles is the limit for the engine and i was over that size.

As for the New Xnb's FarmHouseExtended_ExtraDecor_tiles +FarmHouseExtended_wall_floors I done this to seperate furniture/decor from Walls and tiles. No particular reason i just felt i wanted to seperate them as combined the origional was getting rather big.

You can not use the origional FarmHouseExtended_tiles as the id's associated to each tile EG: Wall floor and Decor texture tiles are different, as the engine assigns an id to every 16x16 pixels as being id 1 2 3 ect ect.Due to the position of stuff i the new tilesheets compared th the origional being different you will have sum stuff appearing as differnet textures and maybe even have a lot of vlack or game crash.

In saying all thins i will work on a converted version for you with the new tile sheets with your Darken Visualy less irritating version

• QuantumConcious

Here is an updated version With Bathroom B for you with the Purples and greys as floors and walls to better aid your viewing.
                                        If you want more of the grey wall Trims let me know
                                        Download Here

[​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]

Note: All stuff in Basement Attic and Bathroom that you placed, whether it be furniture machine or plant it will have to be picked up and replaced in this version as this version differse from 1.6 and below in the fact the position of the Basement Attic And Bathroom are in different coords. This was done to fix the exploding machines bug.

Place the Files in Maps into Maps and the Files in Content into Content Overwrite all files.

If you have issues PM me