Gun/weapon customisation

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Ephiax, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Ephiax

Ephiax Void-Bound Voyager

with gun/weapon customisation it could include a new crafting bench made only for parts. eg : gun silences, sword hilts, scopes and even colour variants. you get the idea, i think this is a great idea because it gives you a more personal touch to your weapons.

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

*:How this crfting bench could be made?
    *: And with what type of material?

3. Ephiax

• 20 durasteel bar
    • 2 gold bars
    • 1 processor
    that sounds fair

4. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

This sound like a balancing NIGHTMARE

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

*: Why?

6. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Because giving that much power will lead to overpowered guns that are perfect for everything

7. Ephiax

i wouldn't think it would be to hard to balance
    like if you give your assault rifle a sight it would improve accuracy

8. WolfWave

WolfWave Big Damn Hero

It would be a cool idea, but the way the game is currently setup, after max upgrading one gun you'd probably find a better one in a dungeon or so 5 minutes later.

9. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Simply make some attachments mutually exclusive.

What are the available attachments? What are their effects? It is too vague.

10. Ralek

Ralek Title Not Found

You could just make it a cosmetic thing. Maybe make it so you can swap your secondary for a flashlight. if I could alter the look of some of my guns I would be happy with that.

11. Ralek

Ralek Title Not Found

Make it where you find blueprints for different handles,barrels, colors. And then to build them cost ores. Another option is to make the items purchasable through a vendor at the outpost. Just an idea.

12. King Kitteh

King Kitteh Starship Captain

Make it so some of the right click options are customizable. Like changing your shotgun to have a flashlight instead of a grenade.

Also being able to swap bullet types, to freezing or poison etc. These mechanics are already in the game so it shouldn't take a lot of effort to implement something like this.

13. Iceball457

Iceball457 Phantasmal Quasar

So a sniper barrel gives plus accuracy (spread?) and minus damage.
    A scope gives plus accuracy if you've been aiming for at least 5 seconds
    If recoil is in the game, a stock could give plus recoil and minus accuracy.
    These would be modifications and not upgrades.
    (Plus means better: plus recoil means recoil is improved.)

Dragonclaw likes this.
  14. King Kitteh

King Kitteh Starship Captain

This is still confusing. I assume you mean better recoil means that you'll stay still and the mouse won't move as much. But I would argue that insane recoil that gives ridiculous knockback, enough to assist in movement would definitely be a boon.

Fly about in low gravity using assault rifles YEA!!!

15. Iceball457

Iceball457 Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, better recoil would keep the gun still. I was thinking higher recoil would have the gun pop up more, but that's not recoil. Guns would need to have a balance stat too, and jump around based on a function of recoil and balance.
    Yes please!!

Dragonclaw likes this.