Flowers and vases ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrsEvilbird, Jun 1, 2016.

1. MrsEvilbird

MrsEvilbird Pangalactic Porcupine

As i was picking up my tons of different colored tulips, on this last day of spring, i thought to myself;

It would be awesome if one could make our own vases, like out of clay (which has very little use as it is)
    and be able to put the flowers we grow in 'em ..
    Maybe even put some other resources to use aswell, like bars (copper, iron, gold etc) or marble?

I know it would be a double placement in the home, but i just thought it sounded awesome :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
      Minakie, Shinrai, MetaSieg and 3 others like this.
    • CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

I think it'd be awesome to put some of the flowers you can forage and grow in vases. And I really do want more use for clay.. I have so much..

• MrsEvilbird

Or even have a little indoor pot you can plant a single crop/flower in :eek:
        Mostly though, i'd just like to see more uses for flowers than gifts and honey making and a bit of cooking :b

RichieJS and CjBeats like this.
        • Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

ooo yes please; always loving more decorations to place down. I like many of the lovely flowers we can grow and this would be nice for display. Also yeah clay seems to build up after a while; a bit too much, as not many uses.

maybe even having a planter box for them as well, so to have a small vase one and a bigger one we could place. Granted though I think the planter box might be of wood. maybe clay for lining to keep the water in... well it is a thought. :)

• MetaSieg

MetaSieg Phantasmal Quasar

Yes very much yes, more decoration is good and it would be nice to have more uses for flowers. Maybe the ability to grow a crop or two in your house, sort of a precursor to the greenhouse.

• MrsEvilbird

Happy to know i'm not the only fan of decorating :b
              It's not that i don't like all the flowers/plants you can buy, i love em and i have waaaay too many,
              but it makes it more personal with your own grown flowers <3

While we're at it, make a pottery tool, decide shape, color and prints of the vases and such just like when we create a character :D

MetaSieg, Tamorr and CjBeats like this.
              • NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, vases, clay pots, jugs, jars maybe? Lots of different items to put flowers in

Tamorr likes this.
                • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Unless I dreamed/hallucinated it, doesn't the Clay description mention something like "put into a furnace to make jars" or something? I kind of wonder if clay was supposed to have more uses but they got scrapped for some reason.

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

Love this idea... I think Fairy Roses are simply gorgeous, and hate that it's either stored in a chest, given away, or sold, or, even worse, dies at the end of a season. I would love to have one (dozen) in my house year round...

Or maybe it was something that got started but wasn't finished? And maybe WILL be finished with the ever-looming update? Don't wanna get hopes up, but wouldn't that be fan-freaking-tastic?

• MrsEvilbird

I'm totally in love with those fairy roses aswell, i want all the flowers in my home on display!

RichieJS, CjBeats and Tamorr like this.
                      • allureish

allureish Orbital Explorer

I would also like to see their accurate color in the home too! Soon as you set a flower down on a table it turns to the default color. I have all my flowers in crates and they need to be appreciated!

Also, I made a post about it just a bit ago. But my idea was to add gem stones so I could have colored ones!

• kazuutenshii

kazuutenshii Space Hobo

I like this. More furnitures ftw! :nod:

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

As it is, clay is one of the most common resources to find, is next to worthless when sold, is used in very little crafting, and universally hated by all the townsfolk. Yes, by all means, a pottery wheel would give something fun to do with the stuff for once!

RichieJS and MrsEvilbird like this.
                            • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Yes, please! More flowers and potted plants for decorating, and something to do with all that stupid clay I keep digging up. Does anybody else here just throw it in the trash as soon as you get it? lol

I'd like to have some of those hanging plants like you see on the outsides of people's houses in the village - maybe they could be hung on a wall and work the same way as windows and paintings. More seasonal decorations and a better selection of rugs too.

MrsEvilbird and Lilliput like this.