Strange capsule

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Justaliene, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Justaliene

Justaliene Space Hobo

Hello,

I was solving a quest from the Mysterious Qi to put a Solar Essence in the mouth of the sand dragon.
    After that I was mining in the Skull Cavern. I was almost out of energy so I eat a mushroom that I found in the mine. After I ate the mushroom my face turned green and I get nauseous, so I returned home. In the morning there was a message that a weird sound was heard in the night. So I was looking around for soms weird things and I saw a strange capsule next to my Greenhouse. In the picture you see the strange capsule and a meteorite. The meteorite was already there for a couple of months.

Does anybody know what to do with this strange capsule? Googling did not gave an answer for how and what.

Attached Files:

mrobake and Gabaw like this.
    • Lark the Brave

Lark the Brave Subatomic Cosmonaut

...I would like to know more about this as well.

Guess I'll be spending some time eating shrooms in the mines.

• Snurtsnurgle

Snurtsnurgle Star Wrangler

o_O I have never seen this before, and don't have the slightest clue what it is. Ummmm this thread I found raises more questions than answers.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/strange-capsule-item-in-save-editor.111627/

[​IMG]

Edit: You should back up this save, because this is strange, and it would be nice to exam it. Could you upload it? I bet it some people would love to see if they can get some info about it from the save. I don't think there are many know instances of this happening, and this could be some valuable info to cracking what this thing could be.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
          Gabaw likes this.
        • CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Thats.. really really cool.. and mysterious. I wanna know what it is. I don't think anyone knows right now. Heck I don't even have that capsule

Gabaw likes this.
          • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

o_O Never even heard about that one. Odd.

Looks like the aliens are invading by sending you baby aliens!

Gabaw likes this.
            • Lark the Brave

Lark the Brave Subatomic Cosmonaut

Was it any special kind of mushroom, by the way? I know that eating the red one drops your energy and makes your face turn green.

Gabaw likes this.
              • Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

yeah lets find out what kind of shroom it was and put this to the test! see if we can replicate this!

Gabaw likes this.
                • bozirra

bozirra Aquatic Astronaut

Here for the mushroom description [emoji23] l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabaw likes this.
                  • Justaliene

Justaliene Space Hobo

It was the red mushroom with white dots and it dropped my energy and made my face turn green. But I think that the mushroom isn't important.

• bozirra

Do you remember what floor you where on?

• Justaliene

Justaliene Space Hobo

I think I was on floor 4 or 5.

The following link has my save-game for the people who want it: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqnBAT-VPPizhVdi9Ih7HFbuHJfR

• Justaliene

Justaliene Space Hobo

A few days later the capsule is broken. I didn't have the time to look around but tomorrow I have a look. Maybe I could find something.

• Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

Edit: Disregard this... I didn't see the capsule to the left of the meteor... >.>

• MaddisonGamer6

MaddisonGamer6 Big Damn Hero

I may be the large secret easter egg CA hinted about.

Gabaw likes this.
                              • mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

Wait, this wont turn into one of those Alien movie kind of thing right?

Keep us posted!

Gabaw likes this.
                                • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I don't think the shroom is important either, could just be a coincidence this event happened the night after they ate it.

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

coincidence or not someone should test this to see if it IS important in the sequence or not.

Gabaw likes this.
                                    • Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

A friend of mine told me about some really convoluted flags in... a Minecraft plugin, I think it was? Wish I could remember, it was interesting. Either way, that's entirely possible.

Gabaw likes this.
                                      • Snurtsnurgle

Snurtsnurgle Star Wrangler

Spooky about the hatching, let us know if you find anything. You never know what could be lurking around your world now. :cautious:

Thank goodness this save was on a friday, because I can try gifting the NPCs this weird thing. I just need to see what Krobus does some how. I notice there was no gift Icon when I hovered over them, but it still took the gift. I also tried selling this in the dropbox to see if I could sell it, which didn't work.

Bad reaction:
                                        Every giftable NPC (excluding Krobus as an unkown)

Good reaction:
                                        Dwarf (Pretty sure in dwarvish he says “Ah, this reminds me of home.”, tested this to make sure by handing him a scroll. )
                                        Also tried giving him the empty capsule, and same reaction.
                                        dwarf home crop.png
                                        eng.png

This is really weird if the Dwarf thinks of home when gets this as a gift. Maybe that book in the library is on to something.

The Dwarves call themselves 'Smoluanu'... which translates to 'sky people'. An odd name for a group that lives deep underground, isn't it?

Another mystery of the dwarves is the advanced technology they supposedly possess. Evidence such as this had led me, despite the ridicule of my colleagues, to propose a new theory:

I believe the dwarves are the remnants of a once advanced civilization whos interplanetary vehicle crashed on this planet long ago.

I propose that this dwarvish spaceship bore down, deep underground... and over time, the dwarves became adapted to their new underground environment.

My colleagues ask, 'Why didn't they come above ground and live on the surface?' ...Perhaps their old planet had a thicker atmosphere that protected them from stellar radiation, and they simply could not survive in our sunlight.

That would explain why they only surface at night to take what they need from our houses...

-M. Jasper

http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Museum

I want to go further with this, but notepad++ keeps freezing and crashing. I'm hoping I can get past that issue so I can learn more, and perhaps even learn how put the capsule in a save which has Krobus.

Gabaw likes this.
                                        • bozirra

Didn't I read somewhere that the dwarves (dwarf) was actually an alien? That could explain why it could remind him/her/it of home?

As for the sequence idea, it could be very plausible, but who knows how deep it might go?

Ate a red mushroom?
                                          Is a Friday?
                                          Is on level five of skull mines?
                                          Has 3 chickens a duck and a cow?

Without slow repetition we will never know whether the event is random or triggered.

And maybe if we know how we will start to understand why?

Unless of course Justaliene has majestically trolled us all, and if that is the case, I don't even think I'd be angry at this point [emoji23]

Gabaw likes this.